Mwo Survival Increase.

22 replies to this topic

Poll: MwO Survival Increase (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like concept 1 alone?

1. Yes (14 votes [28.00%])

Percentage of vote: 28.00%

2. No (36 votes [72.00%])

Percentage of vote: 72.00%

Do you like concept 2 alone?

1. Yes (11 votes [22.00%])

Percentage of vote: 22.00%

2. No (39 votes [78.00%])

Percentage of vote: 78.00%

Do you like the two concepts combined?

1. Yes (13 votes [26.00%])

Percentage of vote: 26.00%

2. No (37 votes [74.00%])

Percentage of vote: 74.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:52 AM

View PostKiiyor, on 21 May 2019 - 10:26 PM, said:

Imagine if your mech had slowly escalating critical effects as you had your structure gnawed away. Increase structure health and the health of components, and give them several crits worth of escalating negative effects.

- Damaged leg actuators making your mech noticeably limp, affecting your aim with each step with the damaged leg and slowing you slightly.
- Arm actuator hits slowing your arm movement dramatically or even locking it in position
- Damaged weapons generating extra heat, increasing cooldown, affecting accuracy, or even weapon misfires.
- Engine crits giving you sporadic speed dips or random heat increases and temporary loss of power.
- Sensor crits screwing up your hud
- Gyro hits slowing your turn rate or even your torso twist speeds

Other than what you're proposing for weapon damage, you're essentially describing how it's handled in tabletop.

#22 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:30 AM

View PostHorseman, on 22 May 2019 - 12:52 AM, said:

Other than what you're proposing for weapon damage, you're essentially describing how it's handled in tabletop.

Yep. It's one of the things I feel would translate well to MWO.

One of my biggest gripes about the game is the way your playstyle changes and damage is handled when armour has been removed from a component. In TT, you're still fighting. In MWO, you're hiding, and fairly confident the next shot you take to that location is going to remove it.

#23 Dauntless Blint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 408 posts
  • LocationPlaying other games.

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:37 AM

When the new skill tree came into the game I found it broke a lot of Mech's for me.
There are no "Tanks" in this game, only glass cannons and if you were to say there are tanks then you better be referring to the lights class as they can mitigate more damage then any other class on the field.

With the combined heatcap & speed loss, assaults especially have a harder time defending them selves and can be a complete letdown in pugs.
I used to be able to drop arty and let rip with accurate ballistics and sometimes break a rotation with certain assaults (nice ability to have when the team leaves you in the shirt) they aren't scary enough to do that any more and the added armor is worth nothing if 160 points of front CT armor lasts 2 trigger pulls or 2-3 seconds of contact to 2 pinpoint enemy mechs.

Mobility and firepower+aim are all that matter in this game.
Armor meta makes being outnumbered even harder to battle against and is of no use to the outnumbered guy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users