12 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:03 PM

Okay... seems like the engineers have tracked down the Error 63 problem.

We are using a special set of accounts that give a 100% repro rate on making the database spam out. After today's checked-in code, the database spam is no longer appearing using these accounts.

24 new accounts have been set up for QA to test with. These 24 accounts have the same properties as the initial test group. We will see tomorrow morning with the newest compiled build if the fix is actually working.

We've also had time to get the main storyline appearing where it should be (the role select screen where you choose to be a Freelancer, Mercenary or Loyalist). I can also author a story longer than 256 characters (whew).

While I'm being told that there's a possible Friday PTS capability, I'm not going to pull that trigger until we're confident that the build is working correctly. With Friday being a stat holiday and our Build Engineer being out of office but still offering to post a new PTS, it's going to come down to a call to be made on Thursday whether we have a candidate for release or not.

I'll continue updating you all as things progress.

-Paul (no but)

(still doesn't sound right)

#2 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:11 PM

Any ETA for a MM test?

#3 VigorousApathy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 130 posts
  • LocationI have no idea. Im getting sky high in a spider 5v.

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:49 PM

Please let us switch sides so we can get games easier.

Thank you for shortening scouting phases.

Please make lobby time 2 minutes.

Thank you for working on faction play.

#4 Serial Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:14 PM

Thanks for the update Paul. Hope to see the PTS launch on friday if it's possible :)

#5 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:25 PM

Oh well this is good.

It's a long weekend in Australia. Often PTS's for us are rather hard to get around properly due to time one/population etc... This one won't be an issue if it goes live cause we'll all be drunk cooking prawns on the BBQ.

#6 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:38 PM

FYI, I'd rather be (but)paul than (nobut)paul.

#7 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:31 PM

but Paul would PSR reset be possibility?
And fix algorithm that you can go up and also DOWN in that tiers because right now tier1 has a lot of players that should not be in tier1.

#8 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:20 AM

I hope FP ELO system would be based off Solaris instead of PSR even though recent events had led to people claiming that the ELO system used in Solaris can be gamed. Instead of having a x7 multiplier (which is what I believe Solaris used as a form of initial calibration for the first 10 matches), reduce it to something like x3 or x5 at most. This would allow calibration games to be fast, since if one uses x1 multiplier it would probably take forever to be calibrated at the correct ELO, and hence a major issue in matchmaking system.

Also, since there isn't any rewards for having a high ELO in FP which may result in people trying to find ways to game the system, I think it would be a better choice than PSR, especially if the fundamentals of PSR isn't fixed. PSR is also more categorical compared to ELO as Tier 1 pilots have a larger variance in skill level compared to pilots of similar ELO. After all, the main reason for this matchmaking system being implemented is to have more balanced games, so a more concise instrument (ELO) should be used to measure skill level.

Edited by Yondu Udonta, 16 April 2019 - 12:22 AM.

#9 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:36 AM

Looking forward to it!

Thank you Paul(nobut)!

#10 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 16 April 2019 - 06:51 AM

Thanks for the update. I do hope we are able to get a PTS to try out over the long weekend.

#11 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,698 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:49 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 15 April 2019 - 05:03 PM, said:

While I'm being told that there's a possible Friday PTS capability, I'm not going to pull that trigger until we're confident that the build is working correctly. With Friday being a stat holiday and our Build Engineer being out of office but still offering to post a new PTS, it's going to come down to a call to be made on Thursday whether we have a candidate for release or not.
This weekend we're expecting the Solaris Season Kickoff event and the Marauder II release event. You might have difficulty finding guinea pigs for the PTS.

#12 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 11:38 PM

The only thing ELO/PSR will be used for in FP is to determine the order of Solo Players being added to a match. Highest ELO/PSR gets in the match first. It will not be used for groups. There is no skill based matching in FP.

#13 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:28 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 15 April 2019 - 09:25 PM, said:

we're always drunk cooking prawns on the BBQ.

Fixed that for you sir.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users