Frustrations Of An Average Player

Balance Gameplay General

104 replies to this topic

#101 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:16 AM

oh the OP is saying racs OP LUL

Edited by thievingmagpi, 25 April 2019 - 10:17 AM.

#102 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:32 AM

King crab was only good for rac memes when it was in Div 2 and racrogate was in full swing.

#103 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:40 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 25 April 2019 - 10:32 AM, said:

King crab was only good for rac memes when it was in Div 2 and racrogate was in full swing.

King Crap is still a pretty good rac meme boat. slap some dakka in the other arm, let er rip.

#104 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:53 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 25 April 2019 - 10:13 AM, said:

If you are facetanking them for an extended periods of time however instead of trading against them, then who's fault is it really that your face melts?

Hmm... i wonder which popular gamemode is filled to the brim with nascar-addicted pilots who are facetanking rac-users over and over and over again? Posted Image

Edited by Daggett, 25 April 2019 - 10:55 AM.

#105 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 26 April 2019 - 12:32 PM

View PostBushrat, on 18 April 2019 - 12:50 AM, said:

... frustrations.

Match maker needs a revamp.... PGI please put some resources on this that will improve gameplay for average player like myself. Many nights I go without a win in 20 + matches, sometimes I'll get on a roll and win several ina row. I don't think my sole efforts have much to do with it. It can't be my fault every time on a 12-0, 12-1, or 12-2 match. Nor can it be my fault on astomp the other way, I think ELO is not a good way to track players skill,,, K/D or, Match score or some combo of those factors,, but ecpereince is not enogh to balance a good match. It make me very discouraged to play the game.

RAC is OP....ad some heat, more jams, or camera shake or smoke to block vision or something to balance it out.

Lights, Lights in Stealth are slightly OP. A good light pilot should be able to do great things, but they seem to be more effective in the hands of a good pilot than an assault is with an equally skilled pilot.

PGI please listen to me.... I have spent THOUSANDS of dollars on this game. Don't discourage me from playing, I'll be less likely to spend money on the game if these frustrations continue.

The Devoted,

Bushrat

Frustrations? You will have that in a non-respawn Zero-Sum deathmatch game. Conventional wisdom is: Carry Harder. Tis a hard truth.

There is NO FIX for the MM. Population is too low + Skill base too high for newbs/casuals.
Ask the average mechwarrior how often they look at their MinMap in Solo play. THIS TELLS YOU ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW.

RACs ARE OP...if you sit and stare at them and dont twist any damage, let alone get into cover.

LIGHTS ARE OP...until they get one shotted by someone who can aim or they get Streaked. Seriously, if they were truly OP, every player would be using them. They dont.

Meta builds help...but Skills > builds.

I can be frustrating, but in Solo you have to look at it like 50/50 odds. The Reds have the same odds of getting a bad team, its just that humans dont really accept how 50/50 can lead to long streaks of losses.

Just play to improve yourself and a good chunk of frustration will go away.

Edited by InspectorG, 28 April 2019 - 11:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users