31 replies to this topic

#1 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 21 April 2019 - 02:21 AM

I have a question - why did the HTM's go down to Div 4?

They have insane level quirks in terms of armour. This is but one build: HTM-SC that exists.
You can LFE and SRM6A it easily.

It has a significantly higher hitpoint bonus over ANY mech in it's division. And yet it was Division 3 last season, where IMO, it was quite strong - for those that paid for it.

Having it in Div 4 is a flat Pay 2 Win.

I don't say that lightly, in fact I don't believe I've ever said that about a mech any time... In this instance it's ridiculous.

It appears Solaris mechs are simply moved up/down with an emphasis on usage. How a paid mech can be moved based on lack-of usage is beyond me. Of course it's not going to be highly used, it's unavailable to anyone that does't pay!

The HTMs need to go back to Division 3 where it was. I believe it was perfectly suited there. At the very least the hero.

#2 MechWarrior414712

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 02:44 AM

Either that it was an oversight as Htm didn't have the armor quirks in the past.

OR, premium bonus :)

#3 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:26 AM

View PostI O O percent KongLord, on 21 April 2019 - 02:44 AM, said:

Either that it was an oversight as Htm didn't have the armor quirks in the past.

OR, premium bonus Posted Image

Well there was no quirk change last patch to the HTM, at least in patch notes.

I mean maybe Feb or Jan patch but I can't confirm/deny that. Either way it has no place being dropped into Div 4, its not going to be over represented because it's a paid mech. Thus it'll take 3 months, which is an entire season, to be moved once available for MC.

Definitely a bad call, whoever, made it.

#4 MechWarrior414712

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:31 AM

That's what I meant, last season was still going and PGI looks at the spreadsheets

#5 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:59 AM

HTM got an armour quirk increase in March.

Hatamoto-Chi:

• All variants receiving modest boosts to Bonus Armor quirks.
Design notes: The Hatamoto-chi has performed a bit below the curve for our liking, and as such, will receive a bit more in the way of durability quirks.

#6 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 21 April 2019 - 04:03 AM

View PostYondu Udonta, on 21 April 2019 - 03:59 AM, said:

HTM got an armour quirk increase in March.

Hatamoto-Chi:
  • All variants receiving modest boosts to Bonus Armor quirks.
Design notes: The Hatamoto-chi has performed a bit below the curve for our liking, and as such, will receive a bit more in the way of durability quirks.

Ah I'm dumb. I was looking at APR patch notes.

That 100% explains it then.

One hand gave it a decent buff - which is fair enough for QP - I would totally agree with that.
Other hand dropped it a division - which now puts it well above in the division it's now in as the counter was removed.

Telling you now dudes, it's WAY too strong for Div 4. Just put it back where it was.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 21 April 2019 - 04:04 AM.

#7 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 05:55 AM

While their at it look at all the crap in div 1 that doesn't get used at all

#8 MechWarrior414712

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 01:43 PM

View PostGhost Paladin117, on 21 April 2019 - 05:55 AM, said:

While their at it look at all the crap in div 1 that doesn't get used at all

Some boogeyman builds belong there cuz they make rest of the divs absolute cancer like boiler for instance.
But what I don't get is, why did Victor 9A1 get moved to div1? I don't remember it dominating div2. Also, boiler in div1, uac20 monster nightstar in div3 LOL give me a break pgi.

#9 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:07 PM

Exactly. I don't think the boiler or the victor should be up there. Both were fine where they were. There are plenty of mechs in div 1 that are NEVER seen or worse, trial mech Hahaha.

#10 zerosouL

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 02:00 AM

The current solaris system wont ever be balanced cause there are not enough divisions to properly split all of the mechs. Every season there are tons of mechs that clearly outclass everything else but if you demote them they start to suck beyond any recognition and vice versa. If you dont want solaris to have like 30 buckets for 1v1 to balance it properly PGI needs to rethink (not likely to happen) the whole solaris concept.

#11 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 08:11 AM

this definitely smells like a ploy to get players to spend $$ on a ptw mech in div 4, probably one that hasn't sold as well as they expected?

#12 Psycho Cop

• PipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 76 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 23 April 2019 - 08:26 AM

It's definitely a tough nut to crack open.

#13 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 23 April 2019 - 08:30 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 21 April 2019 - 04:03 AM, said:

Ah I'm dumb. I was looking at APR patch notes.

That 100% explains it then.

One hand gave it a decent buff - which is fair enough for QP - I would totally agree with that.
Other hand dropped it a division - which now puts it well above in the division it's now in as the counter was removed.

Telling you now dudes, it's WAY too strong for Div 4. Just put it back where it was.

Last I recalled, PGI places mechs into their divisions based upon their performance. The first Solaris season was based off live matches across the game. Now I think they do it with data extracted only from S7. As the armor change happened in the middle of the last season, it's data was mixed between the two (unquirked and quirked). It was probably decided to be in a lower division because of this data set.

Next season it is just as likely to go back up with it's performance within S7 goes up. If it's as you say, I wouldn't be surprised to see it change divisions again next season.

Honestly though, S7 (in my opinion) isn't a good game mode addition to this game. Not enough people to fill all the buckets there, and it will be a chore to keep all the mechs in each division balanced as they currently have it set up.

View PostDionnsai, on 23 April 2019 - 08:11 AM, said:

this definitely smells like a ploy to get players to spend $$ on a ptw mech in div 4, probably one that hasn't sold as well as they expected?

I suspect that so few people would care enough to spend the money on a "top tier for that division" mech. Especially when we all know it's suspect to change next season.

I think a mech would only classify as P2W if it out performed all mechs in all game modes, but to gain advantage in a single game mode probably is leaning towards "pay to get an advantage" maybe? Personally, I think PGI's done a reasonable job avoiding the P2W pitfall so far. Mostly it's been pay to advance faster or pay to experience new stuff sooner.

#14 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 09:48 AM

So, best way to challenge this thing in d4?

#15 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 11:39 AM

The king of Division 7 was the MRM40 Vindicator 1X first season... then they moved it to division 6, then to 5. Haven't looked to see where its at this season. Meanwhile last season the Uziel hero was still division 7... a mech you could still do an MRM80 build with... but most people ended up using kitfoxes with srm/streak builds. I'm actually surprised they didn't move the kitfox up to division 6 this season.

#16 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 April 2019 - 03:37 PM

You guys are missing the point.

It was not terrible in Div 3, just there were better mechs to keep it pinned. Now some better mechs have been moved the HTM would be decent in Div 3 IMO.

However due to low usage of the mech it was lowered a division. At the SAME time it was given additional survival quirks. It's now flicked heavily the other way.

View PostDionnsai, on 23 April 2019 - 08:11 AM, said:

Agreed.

There are a number of heros that are extremely strong in their respective divisions. Some heros don't even have the other chassis in the same div. They are all a div higher...

#17 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 05:51 AM

View PostTesunie, on 23 April 2019 - 08:30 AM, said:

I suspect that so few people would care enough to spend the money on a "top tier for that division" mech. Especially when we all know it's suspect to change next season.

I think you underestimate the urge to win. Yeah sure not "everyone" will do it, but even a few would be more than 0, and that's more $$ in PGI's pocket. Not that I begrudge them the earnings in any way, but in a 1v1 competition, there should never be a mech that could be considered pay to win.

#18 MechWarrior414712

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 06:30 AM

1300 rated wheelchair playing that same build... 2x lb10 quad asrm6... 1300 rating... of course I stand no chance because my wallet is not so wide but could PGI ban people who drop rating on purpose just to snipe with pay 2 win? Or was this guy just so bad that he drops to 1300 in a handhold mech?

#19 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:51 AM

Someone probably was doing real poorly and bought one just to get a win. It doesn’t do just to show up in one, though...you still have to be able to half *** drive. Once you peel off a torso it’s pretty meek.

Being able to run dual ac/lb 10’s makes it really appealing to me. If it had been lasers in the torso instead of srm’s i probably would have bought one...but i would hate to drop it in 4. Just doesn’t seem fun.

#20 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:55 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 21 April 2019 - 02:21 AM, said:

I have a question - why did the HTM's go down to Div 4?

They have insane level quirks in terms of armour. This is but one build: HTM-SC that exists.
You can LFE and SRM6A it easily.

It has a significantly higher hitpoint bonus over ANY mech in it's division. And yet it was Division 3 last season, where IMO, it was quite strong - for those that paid for it.

Having it in Div 4 is a flat Pay 2 Win.

I don't say that lightly, in fact I don't believe I've ever said that about a mech any time... In this instance it's ridiculous.

It appears Solaris mechs are simply moved up/down with an emphasis on usage. How a paid mech can be moved based on lack-of usage is beyond me. Of course it's not going to be highly used, it's unavailable to anyone that does't pay!

The HTMs need to go back to Division 3 where it was. I believe it was perfectly suited there. At the very least the hero.

Probably because of all the "clan OP plz nerf" crowd wasn't winning enough in it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users