2 replies to this topic

#1 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:15 AM

Let me preface this with clarifying that this is not a matter of discontent with the game, just needing to clear space.

With that out of the way, what is the easiest way to uninstall the MWO Portal while retaining my steam version of the game?

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:01 PM

Steam will have MWO installed under its folder, while Portal and that MWO is installed in their own directories, either default or customized directory..

Portal is listed as MWO Portal in programs/apps.

afaik, Mechwarrior Online, the Standalone should have both Modify and Uninstall button available while the Steam version does not. This is deducted from comparing Steam games install/uninstall option. It would also make sense due to the standalone having different options for installation whereas Steam installed games do not have said options.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 25 April 2019 - 07:02 PM.

#3 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 April 2019 - 10:22 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 25 April 2019 - 07:01 PM, said:

Steam will have MWO installed under its folder, while Portal and that MWO is installed in their own directories, either default or customized directory..

Portal is listed as MWO Portal in programs/apps.

afaik, Mechwarrior Online, the Standalone should have both Modify and Uninstall button available while the Steam version does not. This is deducted from comparing Steam games install/uninstall option. It would also make sense due to the standalone having different options for installation whereas Steam installed games do not have said options.

So for someone with little time and patience to dig in to understanding, do you have or could you direct me to a simple guide?

Edit: So the third or fourth time I loaded the control panel, it actually distinguished the PTS from the steam install so problem resolved.

Thanks for the info that lead to my eventual, ape-like resolution!

Edited by SuperFunkTron, 27 April 2019 - 08:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users