• PipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 24 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:56 AM

So to be honest I have not even tried the new matchmaker yet. Why? Because you done already messed up PGI! I know you guys love the Inner Sphere and some would say you possibly favor them. Why did you have to make the PTS IS vs IS? You are leaving out an entire FACTION of players who are clan loyalists. At the very least you could have removed Clan mech limitations from this PTS, or Ideally made it Clan vs IS so that everyone would have a chance to participate. Seriously man, just think about things before you do them. Don't alienate an entire faction of your player base. Hopefully i will find time to drop tonight at least once and see the new matchmaker in action and be able to leave you feedback later.

#2 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 April 2019 - 12:51 PM

I think the faction is totally irelevant for this PTS, because the matchmaker logic and scenarios is what is implemented for testing.

#3 xUnbreakablex

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 24 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 27 April 2019 - 03:45 PM

They could have more people testing the PTS if they had included a clan faction is my point. Most clan loyalists are not going to take a few hours to build an IS drop deck they will use once or twice.

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:20 PM

Dude, you realise, that the mechs on the PTS will be gone after the PTS is finished, do you? You're not testing with your actual account, but a mirrored one.

#5 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:39 PM

View PostxUnbreakablex, on 27 April 2019 - 03:45 PM, said:

They could have more people testing the PTS if they had included a clan faction is my point. Most clan loyalists are not going to take a few hours to build an IS drop deck they will use once or twice.

That has nothing to do with it at all. It actually sounds like you didn't even log into it. Did you?

If you did - You would see....
  • NO alignment or career, you have to chose it again.
  • You also have a bazillion cbills.
  • Basically unlimited MC.
  • You can by a mech to test the PTS.

The PTS values of IS vs IS had absolutely not affect on player numbers at all. I would suggest next time actually logging in before commenting on something.

#6 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 May 2019 - 05:25 AM

View PostxUnbreakablex, on 27 April 2019 - 03:45 PM, said:

Just copy-paste the damn builds from Grimmechs or DenAirwalkerr's list.

#7 xUnbreakablex

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 24 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 03 May 2019 - 01:37 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 28 April 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

Dude, you realise, that the mechs on the PTS will be gone after the PTS is finished, do you? You're not testing with your actual account, but a mirrored one.

Yes I realize this, do you realize that is not the point? Like most Clan loyalists I don't keep a large selection of IS mechs. They could have covered all their bases by making it Clan vs IS, but they chose to make it IS vs IS and exclude an entire group of their playerbase who dont really run IS mechs.

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 01 May 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:

That has nothing to do with it at all. It actually sounds like you didn't even log into it. Did you?

If you did - You would see....
  • NO alignment or career, you have to chose it again.
  • You also have a bazillion cbills.
  • Basically unlimited MC.
  • You can by a mech to test the PTS.
The PTS values of IS vs IS had absolutely not affect on player numbers at all. I would suggest next time actually logging in before commenting on something.

I did log on, hence the post. It was IS vs IS and you had to choose between steiner and marik. Some people don't have all day to sit there and build mechs and skill them out just to test something. In fact by the time i did get 3 different IS drop decks bought, built, and skilled nobody was dropping at all. They should have made it Clan vs IS so everyone with drop decks ready to go could have gone in and scrapped and tested the server and all its new features. Be a little more inclusive and a little less exclusive.

#8 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 May 2019 - 01:02 AM

You're missing the point... copy the build codes from GrimMechs and copy whatever skill trees from your Clan builds seem to be the most relevant.

#9 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 05 May 2019 - 06:16 PM

This is really just unnecessary whinging TBH.

You can't allow for every single person under the sun for a PTS with a super limited playerbase and even less people logging in.

PGI made the right move just flat locking it down. You could always bring TRIAL mechs as well... It's a test afterall, not a stats competition.

#10 xUnbreakablex

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 24 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:28 AM

*cough* told you so *cough*

:)

#11 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 22 June 2019 - 11:35 PM

Unhelpful complaint is unhelpful. And complainsy. And wrong. So wrong. Yes, I made up a word.

And no, I'm not just being insulting: What you saw - and didn't recognize - when you logged into the test server is a scientific process called "eliminating confounding variables." When you test things scientifically, you test them with as few variables as you can manage. In this case, PGI eliminated tech base preference and funneled people into one of two factions. This was the right thing to do. What you are suggesting is actually empirically incorrect - as long as we're trying actually use the correct methodology to test and not applying social justice to software systems testing.

I swear, this is the reason that if we had a zombie invasion, there would be zombie rights advocates. This is why we have environmentalists worried about pollution on the moon. This is why I think people are ignoramuses (no, that one's real) when they maunder on about how PGI must balance with a dart board. That manned mission to Mars looks better each year.

Edited by Void Angel, 22 June 2019 - 11:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users