#81 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 18 May 2019 - 03:22 PM

You IS fanbois keep forgetting the simplest TRUHT:

Clan mechs need to be better because teh LORE!
And Clan mechs need to be better because people bought them with real money, not like you IS freeloaders!

#82 Valdorel

• PipPip
  • The Soviet
  • The Soviet
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:17 AM

Today in MWO News, Clan Mechs, No I.S. mech, No Really Clams, NO I.S. Mechs, NAH Clan Mechs, NO NO NO I.S. MECHS, DUH Clan Mechs, I.S. MECHS CANT MELT STEEL CLAMS, Them dang Clan mechs, are currently OP...supposedly.

#83 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:07 AM

clans did get the short end of the stick with newtech, then they got their xls nerfed due to new heat spike system. of course you know where im going with this..

moar weapons plz!!! this time give the clans some new ballistics and the is some new lasers. hell give everyone all the things.

Edited by LordNothing, 20 May 2019 - 03:07 AM.

#84 Ollie Rifleman Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Vandenberg (TC)

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:01 AM

View PostRoland09, on 18 May 2019 - 03:22 PM, said:

You IS fanbois keep forgetting the simplest TRUHT:

Clan mechs need to be better because teh LORE!
And Clan mechs need to be better because people bought them with real money, not like you IS freeloaders!

True.

Therefore give us FW 3025.

#85 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:23 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 20 May 2019 - 03:07 AM, said:

clans did get the short end of the stick with newtech, then they got their xls nerfed due to new heat spike system. of course you know where im going with this..

moar weapons plz!!! this time give the clans some new ballistics and the is some new lasers. hell give everyone all the things.

For me, I think it's the constant nerfing or out right destruction of clan playstyle/builds while IS just keeps getting more and more viable options.

I hardly bring out any sort of laservomit just due to the stloss BS we have now. And yet, it seems IS just keeps getting more and more new trinkets to play with. Fair and balanced right?

#86 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:10 PM

View PostGrus, on 21 May 2019 - 11:23 AM, said:

For me, I think it's the constant nerfing or out right destruction of clan playstyle/builds while IS just keeps getting more and more viable options.

I hardly bring out any sort of laservomit just due to the stloss BS we have now. And yet, it seems IS just keeps getting more and more new trinkets to play with. Fair and balanced right?

i look at my inventory and every viable and non-viable build strategy has been played to death on both sides. what im after is novelty not balance.

Edited by LordNothing, 21 May 2019 - 12:11 PM.

#87 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:19 PM

LBK rush works in about 80% of situations, not just against objectives. There's a couple maps/modes you can be ranged out on but otherwise you're going 100 kph with a 70 pt alpha that's 1.65 heat management and a crap ton of survivability quirks. If you can't make that work than, really, I'm not sure who can help you.

MAD IIC and MC MKII with a wide variety of options.

SNV LRM 80 or ATMs on everything from Vapor Eagle and Huntsman up to whatever.

Huntsman is arguably one of the best streakboats.

Piranha, Crit Lynx.

HBK IIC laservomit or ballistic builds.

I just... I don't know what to tell you. Clans have always been and still are strong. Clan laservomit is stronger and has a lot of places. There's super strong ballistic boats on both sides. LRMs can go either way depending on map and tonnage available.

Clans are better at the push, IS better at the standoff on most maps. Clans are faster, IS tankier. I've complained about balance for years but at this point everything is nerfed to the point that it's all comparably weak as Hazeclaw put it.

#88 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:42 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 21 May 2019 - 05:19 PM, said:

LBK rush works in about 80% of situations, not just against objectives. There's a couple maps/modes you can be ranged out on but otherwise you're going 100 kph with a 70 pt alpha that's 1.65 heat management and a crap ton of survivability quirks. If you can't make that work than, really, I'm not sure who can help you.

MAD IIC and MC MKII with a wide variety of options.

SNV LRM 80 or ATMs on everything from Vapor Eagle and Huntsman up to whatever.

Huntsman is arguably one of the best streakboats.

Piranha, Crit Lynx.

HBK IIC laservomit or ballistic builds.

I just... I don't know what to tell you. Clans have always been and still are strong. Clan laservomit is stronger and has a lot of places. There's super strong ballistic boats on both sides. LRMs can go either way depending on map and tonnage available.

Clans are better at the push, IS better at the standoff on most maps. Clans are faster, IS tankier. I've complained about balance for years but at this point everything is nerfed to the point that it's all comparably weak as Hazeclaw put it.

Thats exactly what i said the last months.

#89 mrmike5234

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:41 AM

Just came back in here to complain(surprise! but as you can see I am not a forum warrior) about the patch and saw all the responses to this post.

Last thing I'm going to say is that IS complained, whined, cried and moaned for YEARS that clan was op.

Well it worked. Now IS is op and the clan side is left scratching their collective heads.

Thank you for your time.

mrmike5234

#90 Epona Rhi

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:54 AM

View Postmrmike5234, on 22 May 2019 - 03:41 AM, said:

Last thing I'm going to say is that IS complained, whined, cried and moaned for YEARS that clan was op.

bcs clan is op

what IS can do is teamplay and hard pushing to overcome the clan advantage of range, heat dissapation and utility per ton and punish clans for their weaker armor and less heat capacity

if we drop vs an coordinated clanners the job is still tough and requires alot of skill and strategy to overcome clan advantages and win

View Postmrmike5234, on 22 May 2019 - 03:41 AM, said:

Well it worked. Now IS is op and the clan side is left scratching their collective heads.

still: teamplay >> skill >> tech

#91 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 05:38 AM

Before the new FP mode, almost every cycle consisted of IS units dominating. Almost every time I looked at the war log, it looked something like this :

Posted Image

A 6 hour + window where pretty much no clanners won and clanners just gave up entirely near the end is pretty telling. That wasnt an exception either, it was the norm.

Almost nobody wanted to touch clans with a 10 foot long pole. This happened for like, a year. Every time I would come back, check the FP screen, and it was the same thing, IS winning 90%+ of games and practically no clanners queuing.

Its so easy to see which is the most powerful side just by looking at the numbers. Every pvp game has the same trend...the most OP weapon, unit, faction, whatever, gets used the most. Most people want to win, and arent shy about using the most OP thing available to do it.

Despite all the claims that clans were OP, at some point, most of the units left in the FP scene decided to simply play on the IS side. Nevermind the obvious implication that it would be harder for them to get games vs equal opponents this way, that waiting times would be long, that they would get lots of ghost drops...they did it anyway.

Hard to believe so many units decided to follow the same trend deliberately to play an (allegedly) underpowered faction.

I dont know what the current trend is, maybe numbers are more equal now, but even less people seem to be playing FP since the new system came out.

In a way, I miss what FP was like at release. Yes, clans were OP then (ironically, when I said clans were OP at release, I was shouted down on the forums by people insisting they were fine), but most factions had a decent number of units doing FP and most people played invasion as it was designed. Both pushing and defending were fun (except on some awful maps like boreal). Then more and more units left so it became a ghost town, we got the lackluster FP deathmatch on non-siege maps and instead of destroying the gens to win, units would just camp the drop zone for kills.

Edited by Jun Watarase, 31 July 2019 - 05:40 AM.

#92 Brown_Sea_Kraken

Rookie

• The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 07:33 AM

Balance is in the good place right now and has been so for a year or more. I would give a very small advantage to IS, like 51% IS vs 49% Clan.
Many misleading posts in this thread dealing with FP population or pugs trying solo faction and getting stomped. Balance wise many things are fine or really good.

#93 Paul Meyers DEST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 539 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 02:30 AM

Yes, balance is fine ist all about teamplay and skill.

#94 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:43 PM

Jun, I think people play IS because they like IS mechs more, rather than because the tech base is unbalanced or the Clams suck nuggets.

I will say that I love the mounts and feel of my favorite IS mechs in a way that I don't get from many of the competent Clam builds.l

#95 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:22 AM

LBK rush still works, Veagle ATM boats, etc. there some very strong Clan builds at the moment -

they're just not as fun though, TBH. Clans really shine with synergy builds and decks and they're easier to do it with. It's just not as fun.

#96 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 09:48 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 14 August 2019 - 09:22 AM, said:

LBK rush still works, Veagle ATM boats, etc. there some very strong Clan builds at the moment -

they're just not as fun though, TBH. Clans really shine with synergy builds and decks and they're easier to do it with. It's just not as fun.

Onion IIC is still stonk. People just don't do it anymore and I guess there's the question of how you build out the rest of that deck (probably LBK's).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users