Are You Ready For The Vaper Eagle C-Bill Release?

74 replies to this topic

#1 Ilfi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:07 PM

I know I am.

The biggest step forward in power creep since the Bushwacker, Civil War and Piranha? 3 ATM12s, or 5 UAC2s, or Gauss Vomit, all on a pop tart with godly geometry and best-in-class tonnage efficiency?

Sign me up, my man. #GoGreen

Posted Image

#2 OfficerDingDong

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:25 PM

Nerf bat incoming

#3 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:37 PM

Oh yeah, I am ready. I have prepared my building strategy, and I am looking forward to it.
I just hope they don't nerf it.

#4 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:46 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 02 May 2019 - 02:37 PM, said:

I just hope they don't nerf it.

Place your bets! Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 02 May 2019 - 02:46 PM.

#5 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:47 PM

Inb4 PGI buffs ATMs again.

#6 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:54 PM

View PostWrathOfDeadguy, on 02 May 2019 - 03:47 PM, said:

Inb4 PGI buffs ATMs again.

When the vaping eagle is up for cbills and the field has even more 3xATM12+tag hoppers I suspect it will get them nerfed instead of buffed.

#7 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 02 May 2019 - 04:17 PM

Godly geometry? Ha. Hahahah. Haha. Oh you are being serious.

#8 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 04:27 PM

Night Gyr agility adjustment coming in 3..2..1..

#9 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 02 May 2019 - 04:30 PM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 02 May 2019 - 03:54 PM, said:

When the vaping eagle is up for cbills and the field has even more 3xATM12+tag hoppers I suspect it will get them nerfed instead of buffed.

I find the 3xATM12 build isn't as strong as the 2xATM12 1xATM9. Simply because I ran out of ammo constantly with 3x12s.

With the extra 1-1.5T ammo with the ATM9 I can have repeated 1500dmg games where the extra ATM12 I would lock out around 1100dmg average.

And when you have to carry your team to wins more often than not, having that dmg capability is important.

View PostIlfi, on 02 May 2019 - 02:07 PM, said:

5 UAC2s

5 UAC2s is way too hot FYI.

#10 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,580 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 02 May 2019 - 05:04 PM

'Mech Bays bought and waiting.

#11 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 06:30 PM

Honestly the vapin eagle is probably the only mech since the fatnir came out that i have any genuine interest in, purely because its the 1st actually viable clam medium that isnt hamstrung by trash hitboxes (as strong as the hunch2c is, it really isnt capable of taking fire like at all), locked equipment (sadcat, ice fridge, pretty much all the omnis with stupid amounts of JJ/engine/slot locks) or hardpoint issues.

Being a battlemech is a huge advantage provided the thing ships with good hardpoinst to begin with, and with the 3 ATM launcher version and the one that can do dual gauss+ERMLs (a loadout only the night gyr can do viably, making it the 1st medium in game capable of that build), and it can still run less super meta things like dual uac10s (which is a good build for any mech that can bring it especially with secondary lasers), laser vomit, or even fast mover builds.

Its a jack of all trades medium with few weaknesses (hitboxes are bad for facetanking, but same can be said of any other medium thats humanoid), good loadouts, and JJs+agility. I honestly dont see how this wont get some sort of nerf (may be minor but its prolly happening) given that it pretty much obsoletes all mediums in game but the bushwanker and a few other niche IS tanky ones.

#12 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 02 May 2019 - 06:36 PM

View Postpanzer1b, on 02 May 2019 - 06:30 PM, said:

Honestly the vapin eagle is probably the only mech since the fatnir came out that i have any genuine interest in, purely because its the 1st actually viable clam medium that isnt hamstrung by trash hitboxes (as strong as the hunch2c is, it really isnt capable of taking fire like at all), locked equipment (sadcat, ice fridge, pretty much all the omnis with stupid amounts of JJ/engine/slot locks) or hardpoint issues.

Huntsman?

#13 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 02 May 2019 - 06:38 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 02 May 2019 - 04:30 PM, said:

I find the 3xATM12 build isn't as strong as the 2xATM12 1xATM9. Simply because I ran out of ammo constantly with 3x12s.

With the extra 1-1.5T ammo with the ATM9 I can have repeated 1500dmg games where the extra ATM12 I would lock out around 1100dmg average.

And when you have to carry your team to wins more often than not, having that dmg capability is important.

5 UAC2s is way too hot FYI.

It's a bit more convenient to peak with, but giving up the 5th uac does give you more leeway for ammo/heatsinks/engine. I've found both to be pretty great.

View PostFupDup, on 02 May 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

Huntsman?

Huntsman is still alright, purely because the hitboxes on the VGL really are bad, that's what keeps the 'Mech balanced. I don't know where on Earth the people claiming it has nice geometry are coming from, but they have clearly never piloted it or aren't aware that it has torso nacelles.

#14 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 06:55 PM

I like double UAC10 and an HLL

#15 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:00 PM

Damn with an average of 1500+ damage per QP game, this will easily be the first clan mech to break into the top #15 of Solaris Div3. It will probably jump straight to the #1 spot really.

I can't wait to put 4 of them in a deck, to finally go over 6000 damage per FP match.

#16 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:11 PM

I'm going to buy one just for the cool-looking cockpit. I very much doubt I'll be getting on the ATM bandwagon, though. Hard pass on that meta, thanks.

#17 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:25 PM

View PostOfficerDingDong, on 02 May 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

Nerf bat incoming

Posted Image

#18 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:25 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 02 May 2019 - 06:38 PM, said:

It's a bit more convenient to peak with, but giving up the 5th uac does give you more leeway for ammo/heatsinks/engine. I've found both to be pretty great.

Huntsman is still alright, purely because the hitboxes on the VGL really are bad, that's what keeps the 'Mech balanced. I don't know where on Earth the people claiming it has nice geometry are coming from, but they have clearly never piloted it or aren't aware that it has torso nacelles.

5UAC5?

Pretty sure I have 2UAC2/3AC2 because of the heat, or maybe it's 3UAC/2AC. I guess depends if you're shooting a lot or not. Usually I am so I get the heats on it. But then I'm also carrying much ammo as I can because of earlier reasons.

I find the hitboxes to be reasonable with it too. The JJ helps and is mandatory for damage spreading.

#19 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 02 May 2019 - 10:59 PM

Would not mind somebody posting a 3xATM12 build.. seems like it would be ammo starved..

#20 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 02 May 2019 - 11:12 PM

View PostVellron2005, on 02 May 2019 - 10:59 PM, said:

Would not mind somebody posting a 3xATM12 build.. seems like it would be ammo starved..

Ammo starved, hot because it hits GH and with less DHS that is aggrevated by lot of JJ use, it's going to have slow movement speed because you need the tonnage for such setup. Seems a lot more trouble than it's worth.

3x ATM9 + LTAG is already a decent setup which you don't hit ghost-heat with, and unlike Huntsman, it's a lot easier to fine-tune because it's a battlemech than an omni.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 02 May 2019 - 11:22 PM.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users