Are You Ready For The Vaper Eagle C-Bill Release?

74 replies to this topic

#21 yrrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 05:58 AM

It is going to be fun seeing a bunch of people trying to play a rather slow veagle with that atm12 build cooking themselves with GH and getting underrun in QP with no backup weapons. Might be a good time to play SRM+AMS on a veagle to counter play. lol

#22 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:00 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 02 May 2019 - 11:12 PM, said:

Ammo starved, hot because it hits GH and with less DHS that is aggrevated by lot of JJ use, it's going to have slow movement speed because you need the tonnage for such setup. Seems a lot more trouble than it's worth.

3x ATM9 + LTAG is already a decent setup which you don't hit ghost-heat with, and unlike Huntsman, it's a lot easier to fine-tune because it's a battlemech than an omni.

3xATM9 is anemic at best for what the mech is. 3xATM12 has the same cooling as 2xATM12 / 1xATM9 in terms of cDHS and less overall heat (ghost heat is the same). The issue as I said earlier is ammo.

It lacks ammo. If you never are capable of cracking 900dmg in-game, then 3xATM12 is probably for you.

If you can do more then you WILL need to lower the tube count to get 1-1.5T more ammo into it.

View Postyrrot, on 03 May 2019 - 05:58 AM, said:

It is going to be fun seeing a bunch of people trying to play a rather slow veagle with that atm12 build cooking themselves with GH and getting underrun in QP with no backup weapons.

Even shooting WITH ghost heat - I have never cooked myself unless on purpose (for a last shot/alpha kill).

It is not as hot as people think.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 03 May 2019 - 06:01 AM.

#23 Red Potato Standing By

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:21 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 03 May 2019 - 06:00 AM, said:

3xATM9 is anemic at best for what the mech is. 3xATM12 has the same cooling as 2xATM12 / 1xATM9 in terms of cDHS and less overall heat (ghost heat is the same). The issue as I said earlier is ammo.

It lacks ammo. If you never are capable of cracking 900dmg in-game, then 3xATM12 is probably for you.

If you can do more then you WILL need to lower the tube count to get 1-1.5T more ammo into it.

Even shooting WITH ghost heat - I have never cooked myself unless on purpose (for a last shot/alpha kill).

It is not as hot as people think.

Never underestimate the fumblings of us lower tiered potatoes...LOL

#24 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:23 AM

View Postpanzer1b, on 02 May 2019 - 06:30 PM, said:

Being a battlemech is a huge advantage ...

Players seeing Clan Battlemechs as more preferable to Omins is a really sad reflection of how the IP was grossly mishandled.

Heck, I'm getting myself one as well, assuming it does not get hit with a bat.

But all that happens only after I am done dealing with the Black Tusk. They're a bit more "involved" than the jokers I have been dispatching recently. Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 03 May 2019 - 07:30 AM.

#25 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:28 AM

I have the collector's base pack for the Vapor Eagle so I've been enjoying them since launch, though on May 7th I will get the VGL-A to try its UAC20, 4xSRM6 build.

#26 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:40 AM

View PostRuccus, on 03 May 2019 - 06:28 AM, said:

I have the collector's base pack for the Vapor Eagle so I've been enjoying them since launch, though on May 7th I will get the VGL-A to try its UAC20, 4xSRM6 build.

It's poor in QP because it's a brawler that can't brawl, but in FP scouting... Probably the best 'Mech in the game for that.

#27 CygnusX7

• 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 03 May 2019 - 07:25 AM

3 erppc with 9 or 10 HS and a few JJ's is the only build I've really come to like.
Brawler builds and I'm in over my head for what the mech is.. a medium.

#28 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:22 AM

Actually I am hoping that they nerf pop tarting atms like they did to guass/ppc and ppc's in general. I really want this to happen out of pure spite.

#29 OfficerDingDong

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:26 AM

sad part is that gauss peep tarting actually required a bit of skill, atmtarting is just lol

#30 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 03 May 2019 - 11:29 AM

View PostWrathOfDeadguy, on 02 May 2019 - 03:47 PM, said:

Inb4 PGI buffs ATMs again.

Why do I get the feeling ATM is some sort of " the enemy of my enemy is my friend " trend regardin LURMS, ATMS and lazorboats/ dakkaboats..
Have been playing again and some were rambling about ATMS is more annoying than lurms, so lurmers and their sworn "enemies" the energy/dakka boats is kinda in mutual understanding that ATMAS is wrecking havoc and annoying.

I call shenanigans and complete bogus on that. ATMS needs dicipline and actually MORE skill to maintain optimal dammage. And now finally with lurm changes, lurmers need to school emself regarding the new direct fire mechanics.

ATM need no nerf, Vapor Eagle is just another decent atm carrier and its nice with CHOICE in mechs who can.

Edited by Tordin, 03 May 2019 - 11:33 AM.

#31 Luminis

• The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 May 2019 - 12:25 PM

A month after the C-Bill release, PGI will have gathered enough data to justify an agility nerf, I bet :P

I just hope they only target the ATM boat and leave the VGL-1 alone. Having one good medium that isn't the HBK-IIC on the Clan side ain't that much to ask, is it?

#32 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 03 May 2019 - 12:26 PM

View PostLuminis, on 03 May 2019 - 12:25 PM, said:

I just hope they only target the ATM boat and leave the VGL-1 alone. Having one good medium that isn't the HBK-IIC on the Clan side ain't that much to ask, is it?

Hey, the Huntsman is good too.

Really though the VGL isn't problematic in and of itself. The real issue is ATMs and the VGL merely highlights the issues with ATMs more clearly than other chassis.

#33 Luminis

• The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 May 2019 - 12:51 PM

View PostFupDup, on 03 May 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

Really though the VGL isn't problematic in and of itself. The real issue is ATMs and the VGL merely highlights the issues with ATMs more clearly than other chassis.

Yeah, the HMN is admittedly decent. The ATM build is, at least. Plays second fiddle to a lot of stuff due to the usual Omni issues (PGI really needs to revisit some of the Omnis, pod swapping is becoming an ever smaller advantage, not that there's BattleMechs for almost any loadouts...).

That said, I'm not even convinced the ATM VGL is a massive issue that warrants a nerf. It's rare for them to dominate matches the way MCIIs, ANHs and a few other god level Mechs do. Granted, I've seen justcallme A S H or prtn do nasty things with it on stream, but then again, I've seen them players wreck stuff with a lot of Mechs...

Plus, AMS is still on crack, right? If it gets to obnoxious, it'll be hated out of the meta, I'm sure.

Edited by Luminis, 03 May 2019 - 12:52 PM.

#34 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 03 May 2019 - 02:49 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 02 May 2019 - 07:25 PM, said:

5UAC5?

Pretty sure I have 2UAC2/3AC2 because of the heat, or maybe it's 3UAC/2AC. I guess depends if you're shooting a lot or not. Usually I am so I get the heats on it. But then I'm also carrying much ammo as I can because of earlier reasons.

I find the hitboxes to be reasonable with it too. The JJ helps and is mandatory for damage spreading.

Adette and I still run 5UAC2 on our Vapor Eagle 2s. The problem isnt so much the heat, its the extreme risk of getting left torsoed and becoming insta useless that has led me to stop playing that mech.

#35 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 03 May 2019 - 03:04 PM

View PostFupDup, on 03 May 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

Hunstman vs. Vapor Eagle?

#36 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 03 May 2019 - 03:36 PM

View PostVxheous, on 03 May 2019 - 02:49 PM, said:

Adette and I still run 5UAC2 on our Vapor Eagle 2s. The problem isnt so much the heat, its the extreme risk of getting left torsoed and becoming insta useless that has led me to stop playing that mech.

Yeah that is definately a problem.

Maybe you're running less ammo or something cause GroupQ don't need it as much - YoloQ need 400T of ammo these days it seems. I'll sus that with ya later but yeah I've consistently had heat issues with the 5UAC for some reason.

#37 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 691 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:19 PM

View PostLuminis, on 03 May 2019 - 12:25 PM, said:

A month after the C-Bill release, PGI will have gathered enough data to justify an agility nerf, I bet Posted Image

most of the clan mediums are pretty good if you ask me. the only ones that feel a bit lacking are the viper, black lanner, and shadow cat.

#38 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:21 PM

View Postcougurt, on 03 May 2019 - 06:19 PM, said:

most of the clan mediums are pretty good if you ask me. the only ones that feel a bit lacking are the viper, black lanner, and shadow cat.

The Scat really ought to have its original durability quirks restored. Literally no one ever called it OP when it was released yet PGI felt the need to smite it with the nerf bat.

#39 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 09:08 PM

I love the 5UAC2 build. Yeah it's hot, but the firepower is worth it. I rarely get into really sustained facetime with it though. Blast away for 2-3 seconds, displace and repeat. Use coolshots if you've got something big and juicy and helpless in front of you. Regardless, for the most part (1) some guns jam up, so heat isn't an issue, or (2) your guns don't jam up at all, so whatever you're shooting is dead, so heat isn't an issue.

Edited by Kubernetes, 04 May 2019 - 09:11 PM.

#40 Ilfi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 04:24 PM

The time has come.

Taking bets on how long until it gets nerfed Piranha-style.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users