Are You Ready For The Vaper Eagle C-Bill Release?

74 replies to this topic

#61 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 691 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 05:59 PM

View PostGilgamecc, on 08 May 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:

It's not getting an agility nerf, ever.

That would be like taking away laser heat sinks from the Night Gyr or ballistic hardpoints for the Rifleman.

Ain't happening, it's the chassis defining feature.

i agree, i actually don't think it's very likely to happen because of that. if it does, then my guess is that it will be more of a token nerf than anything substantial.

#62 LowSubmarino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:55 PM

Shotgun lbx 20 with 2 srm6s is a lot of fun and im not even a brawler. This thing is so fast though....its an amazing brawler. Face tanked and smashed an srm assassin with that thing. I thought that would be a tougher 1 on 1. It wasnt. You can tank with one arm first, then right arm, then - depending on your build - with right torso. And even if all that is destroyed, you still got your shotgun and one srm6. I only lost an arm though. You can splash very well in that mech.

The mech has formidable hit boxes, rather slender shape, lots of mixed and decent toso hardpoints, excellent for arm shieldbing rawler builds, but theres a ton of loadouts possible. Baically, if you mount a heavy hitting ac or shotgun you get a Centurion on massive steroids. Much, much faster, jjs, 2 shiel arms, better hardpoints, better hitboxes.

This is hands down the strongest medium mech by a considerable margin. Has virtually no weaknesses and is no one trick pony either. You can run missile, laser, dakka or mixed builds.

#63 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 09 May 2019 - 07:45 AM

View PostLowSubmarino, on 08 May 2019 - 10:55 PM, said:

Shotgun lbx 20 with 2 srm6s is a lot of fun and im not even a brawler. This thing is so fast though....its an amazing brawler. Face tanked and smashed an srm assassin with that thing. I thought that would be a tougher 1 on 1. It wasnt. You can tank with one arm first, then right arm, then - depending on your build - with right torso. And even if all that is destroyed, you still got your shotgun and one srm6. I only lost an arm though. You can splash very well in that mech.

The mech has formidable hit boxes, rather slender shape, lots of mixed and decent toso hardpoints, excellent for arm shieldbing rawler builds, but theres a ton of loadouts possible. Baically, if you mount a heavy hitting ac or shotgun you get a Centurion on massive steroids. Much, much faster, jjs, 2 shiel arms, better hardpoints, better hitboxes.

This is hands down the strongest medium mech by a considerable margin. Has virtually no weaknesses and is no one trick pony either. You can run missile, laser, dakka or mixed builds.

The assassin was an idiot, he only had to shoot out your left torso to win.

#64 LowSubmarino

• Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:40 AM

I didnt need that many shotgun hits to cripple him. Vapor eagle is fast with 104 kph. I had 4 jjs and he had trouble getting close enough for sure hits. Lbx20 has a massive advantage when targeting fast moving mechs. He was no idiot. Splashed and shielded several hits and took 30 armor of my mech.

I also head the initiative and started engaging at 500 meters. If he had see me first and had been closer he might have won. But youll see....you can tank astonishingly well in a mobile, survival, torso mounted shotgun/srm vapor eagle. Most fun I ever had with a brawler.

#65 UnofficialOperator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 11 May 2019 - 09:53 AM

So I haven't played much in a few months, came back to try the new cbill releases

Stole the build off grimtechs but replaced with ATM 9 as per ash

Too easy

Posted Image

#66 dwwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 476 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 11:40 AM

LBX20,LBX 10, 3x LMG, 2x ERSL.

#67 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 12:37 PM

View PostLowSubmarino, on 10 May 2019 - 02:40 AM, said:

I didnt need that many shotgun hits to cripple him. Vapor eagle is fast with 104 kph. I had 4 jjs and he had trouble getting close enough for sure hits. Lbx20 has a massive advantage when targeting fast moving mechs. He was no idiot. Splashed and shielded several hits and took 30 armor of my mech.

I also head the initiative and started engaging at 500 meters. If he had see me first and had been closer he might have won. But youll see....you can tank astonishingly well in a mobile, survival, torso mounted shotgun/srm vapor eagle. Most fun I ever had with a brawler.

I got a couple of cheeky games in last night on it, 5 kills each 500 ms. I will revisit this, it's pretty great if you get the first hit.

#68 Ilfi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 03:56 AM

I may have gone overboard buying the VGL-1, -2 and -3 all in the same day. the 3 was obviously good, but 5 UAC2 on the -2 was not as exciting as I would have hoped. Turned it into twin UAC10 with Meme Guns since the -1 does Gauss Vomit better anyway.

Great Mech if you want to do what it's good at (ATM poptarting or just ATMs), and I would not be surprised in the slightest if ATMs get nerfed somehow.

#69 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 11:58 AM

ATMs getting nerfed would be fine, the VGL is good at so many other weapon configurations, the only thing it can't do is laser vomit.

#70 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 12 May 2019 - 12:56 PM

Been playing mine, this thing is a monster. Feel like a IS mech with armor quirks with a small assaults fire power.

#71 The Zohan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 408 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 01:12 PM

I purchased the standard pack a week before it dropped for C-Bills and never looked back. Especially the -1 is a beast (2xLB-10X, 2xSRM6). I fell in love with the chassis like I did with the Viper or the Huntsman when these dropped. Good times

#72 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 01:38 PM

still havent skilled em up but i do like the mech, its extremely versatile, and unlike all the other mediums (except hunch2c), isnt forced to run a certain engine so i can outfit it with heavy firepower (2gauss+3ERML, 2uac10+PPC, ATM-27-36, ect) with ofc a lowish engine, or moderate offense with good mobility. That and its hardpoint layout let it run stuff many clan heavys wouldnt even dream of like the dual gauss vomit build (no clam heavy can actually run that besides night gyr, but thats a assault for all intents and purposes so irrelevant).

Its got its issues, namely lack of raw HP cause its just a clam medium with 0 quirks, but it can do many solid combos and lacks any true weaknesses besides the profile being so-so (a trait shared by most humanoid mediums).

#73 CFC Conky

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,828 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:54 PM

I'm having a lot of fun with the VGL-A sporting 1xLB20X and 4xSRM4. I haven't played it in fp yet, but I imagine it will be very dangerous in scouting matches.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#74 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:45 PM

I'm having fun with a 3xATM9+3xERMicro+TAG Vapor Eagle..

But AMS ruins all the fun..

#75 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:50 AM

View PostCFC Conky, on 13 May 2019 - 07:54 PM, said:

I'm having a lot of fun with the VGL-A sporting 1xLB20X and 4xSRM4. I haven't played it in fp yet, but I imagine it will be very dangerous in scouting matches.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

It can easily 1v2 or even 1v3 derpier players in scouting. Just aim for the legs of your opponents and you will delete them. The only issue would be against smarter players that keep their distance on some of the larger maps. Of all the variants the A might make the case for a nerf, because it is all but unstoppable in this role.

Edited by RickySpanish, 14 May 2019 - 06:52 AM.

24 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 24 guests, 0 anonymous users