• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:31 PM

View PostShanrak, on 02 May 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

>5 Matches with a match score above 500

Incoming whining in 3...2...1...

Of course... why actually contribute to a match win when you can just complain the bar is set to high...

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 02 May 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

Dang never seen colors as a reward before, and another mech bay on top of it.

Canada Day, year and a half ago...they gave away a white and red color and a battlemaster 1G.

#42 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:37 PM

View PostTesunie, on 02 May 2019 - 03:27 PM, said:

I believe event requirements should be able to be reasonably obtained within the time frame of said event. Asking for a single 500 match score match might be more reasonable to the (more or less) average player. Asking for 5 of such matches I think might be a little much.

I believe not everyone deserves free stuff when their continual poor performance drives away more players (who actually might spend money) than they bring in.

My 3rd match of the event I got a 504 match score. Its REALLY not that hard if you know how to actually play the game properly.

Edited by Dee Eight, 02 May 2019 - 10:05 PM.

#43 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 02 May 2019 - 10:14 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 02 May 2019 - 09:37 PM, said:

I believe not everyone deserves free stuff when their continual poor performance drives away more players (who actually might spend money) than they bring in.

I believe that events should reward the "average" player, even if it has challenging aspects to the requirements. Considering that the "average" expected performance for players should be around 200-300 match score, even having a requirement of 450 match score would be more preferable while still being challenging to the average player. Even 2-3 match scores of 500 is not wholly unattainable, though possibly too difficult for the "average" player.

I know I myself have been trying to get those 500 match scores since the event started, and the closest I've gotten so far has been upwards of the 450 match score mark a few times. I seem to be able to repeat getting above 400 match score, but keep falling just shy of the 500 mark.

I'll also comment, with the 500 match score mark among solo kills and other requirements, these current goals (as is a common complaint with no real solution) has been bringing about rather poor and selfish game play. In player's attempts to achieve the set goals, a lot of people are doing a lock of poor teamwork choices to reach their goal. I can't say how many times I've had people intentionally run in front of my shooting weapons, so that they might get the kills/damage/match-scores.

As mentioned already, no challenging requirement for the event would actually promote group play and overall team performance. Go for solo kills, now everyone wants to square off one on one to get those kills. Assists? No one wants to get the kills, but they will happily aim for KMDDs. Etc. So I'm not going to complain about the challenge being challenging, but the fact that it may be unattainable to most of the player base. I would suspect that having event goals that are viewed as "unachievable" may be more of a detriment to retaining players than "continual poor performance driv(ing) away more player(s)". (Also, non-stop events can also lead to burnout, depending on how serious and large the events are.)

I merely wish to have an event that the average player can feasibly achieve within the allotted time without MW:O becoming their second job. I'm inclined to agree with FubDup's overall assessment, though I'm of the belief that a 500 match score is not nearly as common as some people seem to believe. I find it more of a rarity than a commonality. Most matches I play I find don't have any match scores over 500, or if it does it's only a single person, maybe two on the extreme rarity (typically one on each team). 450 is a lot more common to see, which I think would be far more fair of a goal overall.

Recall though, all this is in my opinion. This is PGI's game and their event. They are the ones with the final say. I'm merely providing feedback for them based upon what I would expect to see as objective goals. (Sorry if I rambled. Tired.)

#44 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 02 May 2019 - 10:31 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 02 May 2019 - 03:27 PM, said:

It implies i do what i want when i want. Posted Image

Credit where Credit is due - It was a Idea sent to me on twitter otherwise i would have missed the Anniversary.

Thanks for the event..

Small question tho...

You DO know that every time you guys do an event where you have to get something done on a specific map or a specific mode, you have to make sure that map & mode get offered alot right?

Otherwise, chasing them down becomes frustrating, specially in the final hours of the event?

Please, don't make this mistake again..

#45 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 11:10 PM

I have played just about every mechwarrior game .......except number 3 .

Wow a hero mech as a prize . Been playing for 3 years and thats a first . Thanks so much PGI . You guys are amazing . Off to farm my 500 score . Might take a awhile. To be honest i find it easier to farm 500 ms in QP .

I also dont see the HERO nova in the pick a bundle deal

Edited by Pain G0D, 02 May 2019 - 11:23 PM.

#46 Coffeeghoul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 11:44 PM

That's the most awesome sale I've ever seen.
Engines 50% off, wow.
Free Hero Mech, wow. Ok, 5x 500 match score isn't easy, but it shouldn't be anyway o get a free mech.
Thank you!

tha

#47 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 11:45 PM

Very nice, and even more than the Hero mech, I love to see that colours are available as prizes! That's excellent, and should lead to some more interesting painted mechs around, especially for newer players.

Also, I'm going to take advantage of the engine sale, and get all the light engines I can with event rewards - sadly, I don't have a lot of Cbills saved up at the moment, so I need to get on that.

View Posttollas669, on 02 May 2019 - 10:22 PM, said:

What's so hard about that 500ms? Drop a few times in Invasion matches in the weekend and its done hell even the whole objective is done. If someone can't get 500ms out of 4 mechs for a match that person really does not deserve a free mech, not even this crappy one.

MS in faction play is divided by the number of mechs you used. So, if your team is in a stomp, and you only use 1-2 mechs, it's fairly easy, but if you use 3-4 mechs, your chances are usually about the same as getting those scores on a normal quickplay match. As a PUG, you can only hope you get matched into a good team, because if you get matched against a large coordinated unit, you'll often just lose 15-20 minutes waiting for the end of the match.

AMS is probably the easiest way to get MS for average players, but if lots of people go down that path, missiles are going to be scarce, and you're back to square one.

As for "deserve", you could say that people over 500ms don't "deserve" anything either, it's a free mech not an entitlement, so it's a weird way of looking at it. Average players will struggle with this - I'll stomp around in my Slipnir and Madcat IIB, and get it OK, but a lot of players, especially the more casual crowd and newer players, will really struggle with it. 500 is just getting into that range where a lot of players don't reach even on their randomly good games. I'd say 450 would have been the better set point.

Edited by Maddermax, 02 May 2019 - 11:51 PM.

#48 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 02 May 2019 - 11:48 PM

Well, let's see...

Spoiler

Another impossible challenge 4 me. Sure, if I could have at least a laptop with Intel CPU 7-9K series with (U)HD 6x0 integrated graphics and a bit of luck. Then OK. I've yesterday scored nearly 550 match score just by walking around and grinding all marauders present into dust in my Fafnir in a laptop somewhat better than my moldy potato i3-2350M with HD 3000.

Spoiler

Still, I don't know if I should go for it - I don't want to go through nervous breakdown again. Posted Image

Edited by Ch_R0me, 02 May 2019 - 11:50 PM.

#49 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 03 May 2019 - 12:03 AM

I want to see a MW2 event where they get rid of ghost heat and I can Alpha strike with my NOVA Prime and not blow up (like you could in MW2).

#50 Jay Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 436 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 May 2019 - 12:06 AM

G'day all. Firstly thanks for the sale and event, great deals and prizes.

I do have a technical request. Currently, it is only possible to buy 10 of an item at a time. This is problematic as I want to purchase thousands of points of armour and consumables which would take literally hours of clicking. Can this maximum be lifted please?

#51 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 May 2019 - 12:17 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 02 May 2019 - 03:27 PM, said:

It implies i do what i want when i want. Posted Image

Credit where Credit is due - It was a Idea sent to me on twitter otherwise i would have missed the Anniversary.
A MW1 Anniversary event would be awesome. The precise release date isn't known, but as a 1989 release the game hits its' 30th anniversary sometime this year.
(also, Dark Wing logo decal when?)

EDIT: Some sources claim 16th September as MW1 launch date.

Edited by Horseman, 03 May 2019 - 10:21 AM.

#52 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 01:18 AM

500 x 5... achievable, but have to play specifically for it. I've hit a zone with my cyclops that has given consistent good results if I play appropriately. I think I've gotten most of the event requirements in it for the last few events. 1 game in it, 1 500 down. The downside is I'm only pixels away from tier 1... and 4 more +500 games may tip me over :(

#53 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 03 May 2019 - 04:08 AM

Shops being weird, now no nova's at all are on sale lol.

#54 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 May 2019 - 04:13 AM

View PostPain G0D, on 02 May 2019 - 11:10 PM, said:

Wow a hero mech as a prize . Been playing for 3 years and thats a first .
There was an event that rewarded the Grid Iron some time back, and the two hero mechs in 2017 an d2018 Christmas Events.

#55 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 May 2019 - 04:23 AM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 03 May 2019 - 04:08 AM, said:

Shops being weird, now no nova's at all are on sale lol.
EDIT: Re-reading, it seems the Clan mechs are dropship-deal-only. Feh!

Edited by Horseman, 03 May 2019 - 04:47 AM.

#56 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 04:48 AM

@All: A generic observation. I have finally managed to get off the very bottom of tier 5. However, that feat pretty much owes itself to only two Mechs, my Archer and one of my Kit Foxes. As is, I have taken part in various events... Some have gone well, others not so much.

For example the previous event set included a task of shooting down 5 enemy UAVs... I saw exactly THREE during the entire event, managed to shoot at ONE (four tries of double medium laser, one salvo of double LRM20.. and did NOT get even that.

On the specific topic of MS 500+... I think the last time I tried for that during an event I ended up something like as follows: 499, 498 x 2, 496 x3, 495, 493 x 4, etc...The exact figures do not matter, the point is that it proved to be possible to be sufficiently unlucky just simply not to get over 500 MS. Posted Image I am fine with not getting the Hero, as I obviously am not good enough. I just wanted to point out that getting regular scores of 500+ MS is NOT as easy as some people claim.

For the current event... I managed to play two quick matches this morning. The first one was an utter disaster, I scored 13 damage and thanks to AMS and UAV a total MS of 31... and the second, annoyingly enough was an exact 149 MS (one short of qualifying for the set of 20...) *very deep sigh*

End note, this was not meant as a whine. I wish everybody good luck with event! I am off to make more tries... Posted Image

@Mr. Newman and rest of PGI: Thank you for the events! <3

Edited by ERescue, 03 May 2019 - 04:49 AM.

#57 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 05:02 AM

500 score is easy. Just play UAC or ATM boat.

Now dropping on river city or finding an incursion game is a real challenge.

#58 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 03 May 2019 - 05:04 AM

View PostHorseman, on 03 May 2019 - 04:23 AM, said:

EDIT: Re-reading, it seems the Clan mechs are dropship-deal-only. Feh!

Bummer your right only the IS models are on sale - laaaamme but champions going on sale (hero included) is nice, almost tempted to break my 'medium only' rule again but I really dislike not having horizontal arm movement.

#59 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 05:15 AM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 02 May 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

Dang never seen colors as a reward before, and another mech bay on top of it.

Canada day two years back had red and white colour prizes

Solaris season 1 event gave us a piranha yellow colour .

Jade falcon FP event gave jade green prize VS
Kurita event gave us a kurita green prize .

Steiner FP event gave blue prize
VS Smoke jaguar Fp event a grey colour prize

Edited by Pain G0D, 03 May 2019 - 05:17 AM.

#60 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:20 AM

Incursion is harder to get than 500 match score or solo kills, lol....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users