Faction Play Spawn Camp Killing Ongoing Issue

153 replies to this topic

#1 Cerberus Las Plagas

Rookie

• The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:13 PM

It has been my experience as well as others, which has turned a lot of us off from doing faction play, is that a lot of factions tend to get their jollies off by spawn killing everyone which makes it extremely unsatisfying and unfair for the others participating.

My suggestion for PGI would be to implement a system change where once you kill every mech on the opposing team it sends the other team back to their base so this can not continue to happen. Or it automatically ejects the teams pilots so they start out in another mech at their base. I think these two fixes which I know is easily implemented in the gaming code could solve the above problem which many don't speak on.

Also with this current event of cinco de mayo, Incursion has dropped only 3 times during the entire match while i was online for hours of gameplay. Which has also resulted in me not being able to achieve the incursion reward because there is only so much a player can do to carry a Potato team in the effort of trying to win it.

Edited by Cerberus Las Plagas, 06 May 2019 - 06:14 PM.

#2 VigorousApathy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 130 posts
  • LocationI have no idea. Im getting sky high in a spider 5v.

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:24 PM

Hang in there, matchmaker is en route. That being said the problem will still occur now and again, and those of us who pug it on a regular basis have learned to live with it. The truth is that when a team is getting kicked in the nuts, they often just decide to camp spawn. What is the other team to do, except go in and farm em?

As far as changes to game mechanics to lessen this problem; the ship has sailed. PGI is so focused on MW5 that very few resources are being put into MWO. At this point I consider us lucky for even having paul work on a matchmaker.

#3 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:57 PM

This again?

Can't get spawn camped if you aren't camping in the spawn. Thinking.jpg

Doesn't matter if your 500m or 1000m, if you let oppoosio push far enough to your base that's what is gonna happen. A magical "teleporter" to send you back to your own base? Yeah no. Entirely new mechanic coded to the game? That isn't simple and the majority would be totally against it.

If players continue to play the mode solo and disorganised, they will keep getting slapped.

#4 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:55 PM

Now do you mean genuine spawn camping or just farming kills? They are two very different things.

Edited by QuakeRiley, 06 May 2019 - 10:56 PM.

#5 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 02:51 AM

Instead I want PGI to let us shoot down drop ships. If a team is so bad they are going never make it out of the spawn, it'd be more fun to end it quickly and maybe get a challenge fighting an NPC dropship. Me and Dan have a score to settle, PGI please make this happen.

#6 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 06:11 AM

So you got rolled and the other team didn't feel like waiting around?... ok.

#7 Iron Boucanier

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 28 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWarrensburg, Missouri USA

Posted 07 May 2019 - 06:49 AM

If you are getting dominated so badly that you are getting spawn camped then it's probably better that things are going to end sooner than later especially on modes like skirmish. It happens in quick play to less coordinated teams made up of support mechs and wannabe snipers when they get rolled by an aggressive death ball but in faction play this happens four times in one match. Nothing is going to nerf teamwork.

I think they only way to mitigate it would be to have rolling LZs but that would likely require bigger maps which would create a whole lot of other problems.

#8 NewStuff

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 07:07 AM

So FP players queue for a long time. On one extreme, you wait for a lobby for 10 - 20 minutes, then you wait in lobby for another team for 10 minutes, then you wait through the obligatory load screens for another 2 minutes. After all that, you get a chance to earn c-bills. You earn these in FP through several methods:
1) Winning
2) Getting Kills & KMDD
3) Damaging enemy mechs
4) All the other little crap that PGI pays out for - like lance in formation, etc.

When dropping against a team that sucks badly enough that I find myself in their spawn, winning is a foregone conclusion. If there was a mechanism that let them surrender, I wouldn't get paid for Kills or KMDD - might as well get as many of those as I can. I already assume that my damage score will be less, because really bad players let me burn through their CT without twisting and the kills will come too easily. And since they put up so little resistance that we have pushed into their spawns, the reality is that I will get fewer of the things PGI pays for in (4) since this team will just get rolled.

So from a simple economics view, the sooner I end the game, getting paid the most, the better. If PGI paid more for objectives than Kills, you'd see less spawn camping and more objective rushes. But they don't and so this is what happens. If you don't like it, be better. Team up, communicate, put up a real fight. Stop doing stupid things like dropping your damn kit fox 1st wave or bringing LRMs to siege attack. If you don't my best option is to get it done as quickly and as profitably as I can. And that might mean putting double gauss into your back as you fall from the dropship.

Sorry (not sorry).

Also, I get spawn camped too - I do a lot of pug drops. Stop complaining and get some work done. Get 1.5 - 2K damage on the loss where your team got farmed, then ask the other team if you can join them on comms for the next drop.

#9 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 08:11 AM

PGI is cheap on victory rewards, if you don't kill the other team as quickly and completely as possible, you don't earn anything.

#10 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 08:43 AM

View PostCerberus Las Plagas, on 06 May 2019 - 06:13 PM, said:

It has been my experience as well as others, which has turned a lot of us off from doing faction play, is that a lot of factions tend to get their jollies off by spawn killing everyone which makes it extremely unsatisfying and unfair for the others participating.

My suggestion for PGI would be to implement a system change where once you kill every mech on the opposing team it sends the other team back to their base so this can not continue to happen. Or it automatically ejects the teams pilots so they start out in another mech at their base. I think these two fixes which I know is easily implemented in the gaming code could solve the above problem which many don't speak on.

Also with this current event of cinco de mayo, Incursion has dropped only 3 times during the entire match while i was online for hours of gameplay. Which has also resulted in me not being able to achieve the incursion reward because there is only so much a player can do to carry a Potato team in the effort of trying to win it.

Ok so here is the nut of your issue.

You need to understand that if one team is dominating on a siege match, the fight will shift. If the losing team won't leave their drop zone, which is common enough during hard matches, then there is only one response that any good team will have.

They will go join the red team in their drop zone and kill them there instead of elsewhere.

The game is to break mechs and kill the enemy, I don't know what the issue with 'spawn camping' is. Trying to wait out the match without leaving the drop zone is a decision, you can't turn around and complain that the other team played the game properly and thwarted your plan to waste their time.

This is a fictional universe where we are playing as military/mercenary mech pilots tasked with taking planets from opposing factions in exchange for money. Do you think any military unit tasked with breaching a defended fort and taking it from the defenders is going to allow those defenders to carefully reassemble their forces in the middle of combat?

If so, why do you think that?

#11 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 09:14 AM

View PostCerberus Las Plagas, on 06 May 2019 - 06:13 PM, said:

Isn't it funny when you see a pilot talking about "carrying a potato team" and then you look him up and he's the guy who needs to be carried...

That said, if there is a way to end the match early by causing the stomped team to capitulate, AND get rewarded for their remaining undropped tonnage...I could accept that.

#12 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 07 May 2019 - 09:34 AM

It’s been said many times by others...but most spawn killing seems to occur on players who either:
Don’t push away from DZ’s

Or
Don’t get help from their teammates. If a friendly dz gets invaded, you might want to help those dudes out who drop there. If you care about winning anyway. Early perma-deads are crippling.

Or (most often)
Players, who are not properly aggressive with there early wave mechs. I.e., they don’t share armor (present a target), burn a damaged mech when they should, etc. These players are often the primary contributors to lopsided losses and they are going to pay the price by getting burned out of those last 2 mechs they “saved” when their team is all dead. More often than not the dudes teammates will cheer as you burn that dude to ash as soon as his feet touch down. If this is you OP...learn from it and adjust so it doesn’t happen to you. You will win more as well.

#13 Bronn of the Blackwater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 09:45 AM

Dont waste your time... Too much hypocrisy around, the people will even simulate they dont understand about what are you meaning...
Some people seems find a certain pleasure in shooting a mech 20 to one, much before being able to move or shoot back ,and make the indefension even bigger using flamers and demential volley of LRMs to ensure no posibility of response...

I don´t know waht is wrong in their self esteem, to have pleasure beating something that can´t answer... They can´t understand what "Sport" means... Only that "HO HO HO TAKE THAT" Bully sensation.

Bullies will bully. Thre´s full of people who plays faction or syncro just to Bully others...

¿Are they bullies in the real life? i don´t think so.
You need to take some risks to be a bully in real life...

That´s the sad true inside.

¿Solutions?
I think all the maps should have spawn points more like Vitric forge, by example, more difficult to access, even to acces back, to avoid ALL campings.

But if bullies can´t find a way, they will search another...

Fair play is the thing less people wants in a competitive game...

#14 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:13 AM

View PostTirant Lo Blanc, on 07 May 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

load of banter

How about you stop projecting.

#15 Bronn of the Blackwater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:26 AM

View PostSsamout, on 07 May 2019 - 10:13 AM, said:

How about you stop projecting.

How about you feeling alluded, who knows why....XDXD

#16 NewStuff

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:33 AM

View PostTirant Lo Blanc, on 07 May 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

I don´t know waht is wrong in their self esteem, to have pleasure beating something that can´t answer... They can´t understand what "Sport" means... Only that "HO HO HO TAKE THAT" Bully sensation.

Bullies will bully. Thre´s full of people who plays faction or syncro just to Bully others...

Who is bullying here? It's a game that we each have a chance to win. What stops you from camping my spawn? (Hint: I do, or I try to). If you can't keep me out of your Drop Zone, you'll get shot while inbound. Sorry. I play to get paid, not to coddle your hurt feelings. If you can camp my DZ, I'm not doing my job right. Same is true for you.

#17 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:52 AM

Usual excuses as to how people condone their action in destroying the experience for others. If there is an objective component to the drop, then there is a way to finish the drop quickly, just take the objective. Where the dominant side ignores the objective where there is one, then this is simply victimisation of the weaker or less experienced team purely for the vain, self-righteous team who believes it is perfectly alright to behave in a way they wouldn't think to do in real life (or at least I would hope not).

Even in real sports, the referee and/or rules of the games allow for a win to be adjudged in the event of a drastically lopsided match, saving humiliation of the loosing side - this could be implemented by PGI, say if there is a 24 kill advantage and a bonus given to the leading side to compensate the unnecessary camping of the other side.

So, two possible solutions

1. Take the objective if possible (absolutely nothing stopping you from doing this) or
2. PGI sets up an "Honour" win with bonuses for the unsalvageable drop.

#18 NewStuff

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:04 AM

View PostPeppaPig, on 07 May 2019 - 10:52 AM, said:

Usual excuses as to how people condone their action in destroying the experience for others. If there is an objective component to the drop, then there is a way to finish the drop quickly, just take the objective.

What about the crappy play of the team getting stomped ruining my experience? I don't want to queue for up to 30 minutes to blast through a team in 5 - 10 minutes and not get paid. The only way to get paid is to kill everyone else. Even then, my payout is usually less than it would have been if the other team knew what they were doing.

FP is big-boy land. There are no trophies for participation. You were warned the first time you played it.

Get a group together. Talk to someone who understands the strategies - most good FP teams have no problem letting outsiders drop with them. Cheekiez was running groups of pugs through, explaining deck selection and synergistic play. Use the community resources to get better at FP - stop trying to drag everyone else down to your level.

How entitled must you be to go through life expecting people to care enough about you to take it easy on you? If you can't perform at the level needed, don't get upset if playing means that sometimes someone demonstrates to you that you are not as good as they are, or that your teamwork sucks compared to theirs, or that you lost in the mechlab. Learn from your loss and try the things that can help you get better.

#19 Bronn of the Blackwater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:10 AM

View PostNewStuff, on 07 May 2019 - 10:33 AM, said:

Who is bullying here? It's a game that we each have a chance to win. What stops you from camping my spawn? (Hint: I do, or I try to). If you can't keep me out of your Drop Zone, you'll get shot while inbound. Sorry. I play to get paid, not to coddle your hurt feelings. If you can camp my DZ, I'm not doing my job right. Same is true for you.

First. Spawncamping has been one of the most polemical "Tactics" since the online games came to life. The most part of the people thinks it must be avoided, because reverses the posibility of a team to turn back the result of the match. Every game has mesures to avoid the spawncamping in the possible.

Being one of the last players in a match is not automatically a signal of have been playing better or worst than the other players. Maybe you have been more conservative, maybe you are better or more experienced than the average player on your team...

That´s at the end irrelevant.

The important point i that STOMPS are BAD for this game, for every game. Stomps don´t motivate the people to play. Stomps don´t give the chance to learn or improve. An stomps make worst with being killed without any chance of return fire are one of the worst experiences in this game.

And sorry, but i´m here because i´m able to surivive to this unconstructive feelings.
Yes i have been killed with flamers, and with some "Sportsman" in the other team writing "HO HO HO" or worst things...

I´m not a snowflake, I can go trough this and much more. Life is hard and i´m old.

Tell me someone has the right to win the match or have special rewards for completing some objetives, and i will agree...
Tell me that more than 3 enemy mechs in a spawn point can start a counter to win the match, and It will be OK

But the way some groups are doing this spawncamps are not encouraging the people to try faction.
This is making the players agry, salty and NOT encouraging the people understanding they have to work together...

And yes, sometimes it´s very unfair for some people who was trying to carry the match too...

Why try to Defend something that is evitable and makes teh people hate this gamemode?

Ask to yourself what is that good in keeping this state of things...

Edited by Tirant Lo Blanc, 07 May 2019 - 11:20 AM.

#20 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:13 AM

it's not a 'tactic', it's an outcome.

it's an outcome of not fighting back.

again, this is a game that we play to kill mechs, not go 'yay we captured a flag yay yay yay we win yay let's spend another 20 minutes for another six minute match!'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users