Which Of The Clans Is Closest To Kerensky's Original Vision?

42 replies to this topic

#1 shaytalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 271 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 12:33 PM

While clearly things didn't go as intended and mistakes were made, is any one of the Clans objectively closer to Kerensky's original vision than the others? Would be interested to know how they all break down on those lines.

#2 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 09 May 2019 - 12:39 PM

Jadeparrot fit the narcistic megalomaniac vision of that kin-slayer best.
Although that Mary Sue Alaric Wolf comes close....

Someday you will reap the Whirlwind

Edited by Karl Streiger, 09 May 2019 - 12:40 PM.

#3 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 519 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:14 PM

Clan Steelviper, of course.

why? we invented 'the most-dakka-weapon there is' (at least in TT), the UAC/20.
anybody doubting our claim shall be gently dakka'd in the face .. or rear*.

*we don't discriminate between red and blue :)

#4 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:21 PM

What was Kerenski,s original vision ?

#5 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:33 PM

None.
Kerensky was freeborn and clans DESPISE that.

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,061 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 07:43 PM

i think the whole clan system was set up because he failed to carry out his original plan. too much infighting among his people and they were gonna split anyway so at least with the clan system the original purpose could be preserved to some degree, even if his ideas were completely perverted by the clans.

Edited by LordNothing, 09 May 2019 - 07:48 PM.

#7 Justin Kase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationMerryland

Posted 09 May 2019 - 07:52 PM

I'm pretty sure Aleksandr never planned on this :D

As far as Nicholas', I think Wolverine was the truest to the vision, but did too good a job ;)

#8 Jobe01

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 09:22 PM

View PostJustin Kase, on 09 May 2019 - 07:52 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure Aleksandr never planned on this :D

As far as Nicholas', I think Wolverine was the truest to the vision, but did too good a job ;)

Definitely not Wolverine, although I suppose one could argue that Nicholas K. Had them killed out because he saw them as a “challenge.” I disagree- he killed them out because they were not conforming... wolverine’s Khan was asking to many whiny questions to really fit Nicholas’s vision. And he had to pick one to make an example of- as such types of “leaders” do.

Jade Falcon or Smoke Jaguar.. they both seemed to be the instrument of Nicholas Kerensky’s ideal vision- unquestioning, elite, no exceptions style. Maybe Not Jade Falcon, though after the whole Aiden Pryde thing. I think Nicholas was probably rolling over in his grave when that all went down.

Nicholas Kerensky was basically a successful version of a certain fascist leader.. a total nut job- bent on power and revenge. It’s no wonder that half the clans that invaded switched sides once they figured out that their Way of life was partly conceived by a madman.

Edited by Jobe01, 09 May 2019 - 09:24 PM.

#9 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 09:24 PM

Wolverine.

The rest have been besmirched by participating in the purge of Wolverine and following Nicholas Kerensky's path. Also by participating in the invasion instead of defending against it...Warden my arse.

#10 Jobe01

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 09:41 PM

I guess that’s a good point- which “Kerensky” are we talking about... the guy that led the SLDF away from the IS, or the guy that masterminded the clans? I assumed it was Nicholas... but the answer would be opposite if it’s Alexandr.

#11 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 09:49 PM

View PostJobe01, on 09 May 2019 - 09:41 PM, said:

I guess that’s a good point- which “Kerensky” are we talking about... the guy that led the SLDF away from the IS, or the guy that masterminded the clans? I assumed it was Nicholas... but the answer would be opposite if it’s Alexandr.

One was a coward and the other was a psychopath.

#12 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 09 May 2019 - 10:03 PM

And the seed goes...... chuckling

#13 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 10 May 2019 - 01:22 AM

I say Hell Horse. Warriors before machines.

#14 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 12 May 2019 - 01:58 AM

"To all citizens of the Inner Sphere do I, Aleksandr Kerensky, send greetings.

"Know that I have taken the remnant of the Star League Defense Force which has remained true to its purpose beyond the boundaries of the Inner Sphere, beyond the Periphery. I have done this, neither out of disappointment with those whom we leave behind, nor out of spite or disdain, as some will say. No, we have left the Inner Sphere because we love it too much to see it destroyed. In the wake of the Usurper's coup, and the long, bitter fighting that came with it, I fear that my forces would do incalculable, possibly irreparable, harm to our society. We are sworn to ward the Star League and its subjects, not destroy it.

"Thus, we have left the only homes we have ever known to place the destructive capability of this armada beyond the reach of those who would use it, not for defense, but for conquest. Perhaps, with the might of our 'Mechs and ships out of reach, the leaders who now grapple with one another will relinquish their dreams of subjugating their neighbors and learn to live in peace with them.

"Perhaps, one day, should mankind step back from the brink of the abyss, we, our children, or our children's children will return, to once more serve and protect and guide the Star League in mankind's quest for the stars.

"Farewell."
-The "Voice of Kerensky", September 9, 2786

Edited by Ngamok, 12 May 2019 - 01:58 AM.

#15 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 02:33 AM

If Kerensky was half as smart as he fancied himself, he would have picked a house to align with to reunite the Inner Sphere then and there. There is nothing special about House Cameron and the Star LeGue itself was formed from conquest in the first place.

Damn hypocrite.

#16 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 12 May 2019 - 10:18 AM

Wouldn't even join a house to align they all scum and petty at the end. And the results be the same.

#17 Hellbringer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • 177 posts
  • LocationVancouver BC

Posted 12 May 2019 - 10:21 AM

CLAM DOG is best CLAM
Posted Image

#18 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 11:38 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 12 May 2019 - 10:18 AM, said:

Wouldn't even join a house to align they all scum and petty at the end. And the results be the same.

And so was the SLDF and so are the Clans they became.

That's really not the point, the point is consolidation of power to enforce a peace.

#19 The Zohan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 408 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 12:59 PM

The Smoke Jags, hands down. Maybe the Falcons, but I second @Jobe01. To bad there wasnt enough plot armor for either clan.

#20 evilauthor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 519 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 01:20 PM

View PostY E O N N E, on 12 May 2019 - 02:33 AM, said:

If Kerensky was half as smart as he fancied himself, he would have picked a house to align with to reunite the Inner Sphere then and there. There is nothing special about House Cameron and the Star LeGue itself was formed from conquest in the first place.

Damn hypocrite.

Except the SLDF was made up of people from every member state of the Star League. That's part of why they fell into civil war and infighting after leaving the Inner Sphere; several of the divisions were along member state lines.

If Alexandr Kerensky picked one House to align with, the SLDF would have likely fractured then and there as everyone rushes back to their House, thus increasing the body count of the Succession Wars. And that's assuming the other four Houses don't see what's going on and just dogpile the House that Alex picks.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users