Which Of The Clans Is Closest To Kerensky's Original Vision?

42 replies to this topic

#41 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:04 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 15 May 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

I've always wondered if Jerome and Aleksander were in it together.

Aleksander leaves and Jerome remains to manufacturers a situation where the SLDF can return as saviours and re-establish the league. For all we know the Jihad could have been part of their plans, what better time would there have been for the SLDF to return. If you want "human tyranny so vile that it transcended the bounds of decency" then the Jihad had it. It's just a shame the Crusaders messed it all up by invading before their time.

The Crusaders invaded because they realized they had already been rendered obsolete. That is to say, their time had already passed, the Inner Sphere were not the barbaric stone-age tribes the Clans thought they would be. To save face and not shame their legacy, in their eyes, they had no choice but to invade. The Wardens, to try and blunt the aggression of the Crusaders, invaded with them (but still invaded, mind you).

#42 Moochachoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:32 PM

I am surprised that the star league didn’t have some kind of constitution or charter that deals with selecting a new ruler, like some kind of vote?

#43 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:57 PM

View PostMoochachoo, on 15 May 2019 - 08:32 PM, said:

I am surprised that the star league didn’t have some kind of constitution or charter that deals with selecting a new ruler, like some kind of vote?

Doesn't mean the Great Houses wouldn't have seized upon the power vacuum to try to put one of theirs in charge.

In any, and I do mean ANY government, there are ALWAYS forces at work attempting to game, undermine, or bypass the system to get themselves ahead with no regard for the greater good whatsoever.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users