Jump to content

Shadows Quality Bug

mwo shadows bug graphics

8 replies to this topic

#1 sideford

    Rookie

  • The 1 Percent
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 04:16 AM

Hi there, i hope there is someone who can help about that.
While setting shadows quality anything above low, this is what i see on screen:

<blockquote%20class=

it happens on my two different PCs with windows 7 and windows 10 64bit, both on AMD graphics.
Different monitors, cables, hardware, software both systems are on AMD processors and graphics.
Rx 560 and r7 250x.

Thanks for any assistance

P.s. I dont know why but picture didn't appear for me, if you cant see it please use the link
https://imgur.com/a/JcZgrWe

#2 Tesunie

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,155 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 11 May 2019 - 05:02 PM

View Postsideford, on 11 May 2019 - 04:16 AM, said:

Hi there, i hope there is someone who can help about that.
While setting shadows quality anything above low, this is what i see on screen:

<blockquote%20class=

it happens on my two different PCs with windows 7 and windows 10 64bit, both on AMD graphics.
Different monitors, cables, hardware, software both systems are on AMD processors and graphics.
Rx 560 and r7 250x.

Thanks for any assistance

P.s. I dont know why but picture didn't appear for me, if you cant see it please use the link
https://imgur.com/a/JcZgrWe


First, wrong forum. This is for the Academy and issues found within the academy section of the game. But, besides that...

All I can say is I've never experienced nor seen that bug. A whole quarter of your screen is just... weird. Sorry, but I'm not going to be of much help personally.

If you wish PGI to know about this, you'd be better served by contacting their support via E-mail. You can follow the tab on the top of the forms (called Support just for completeness of information) and use those E-mail addresses to contact PGI support in the appropriate section. I would probably recommend e-mailing technical@mwomercs.com.

#3 sideford

    Rookie

  • The 1 Percent
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 10:17 PM

View PostTesunie, on 11 May 2019 - 05:02 PM, said:


First, wrong forum. This is for the Academy and issues found within the academy section of the game. But, besides that...

All I can say is I've never experienced nor seen that bug. A whole quarter of your screen is just... weird. Sorry, but I'm not going to be of much help personally.

If you wish PGI to know about this, you'd be better served by contacting their support via E-mail. You can follow the tab on the top of the forms (called Support just for completeness of information) and use those E-mail addresses to contact PGI support in the appropriate section. I would probably recommend e-mailing technical@mwomercs.com.

Hi,
Thank you for for your help, i will do as you recommend.
If someone could move this topic to proper forum, whould be great

#4 Rizzi Kell

    Member

  • PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:05 AM

Looks like a semi opened window in frontground, do you have a different framecounter online like the online one, cause it Looks strange to me?

#5 sideford

    Rookie

  • The 1 Percent
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:49 AM

View PostRizzi Kell, on 13 May 2019 - 12:05 AM, said:

Looks like a semi opened window in frontground, do you have a different framecounter online like the online one, cause it Looks strange to me?

No, i dont use any software or anything else, just game running with build in framecounter.

#6 MrVaad

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 67 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:13 PM

Do you use a customer user.cfg file ?

I can produce this bug by putting
r_ShadowsMaskResolution=2 in the user.cfg file
(horizontal and vertical half resolution for the shadow mask)

But if you only use MWO ingame settings, this value should stay at 0, so i don't know ...

And when shadow quality is on low, shadows are disabled, that's why you don't see your bug.

Edited by MrVaad, 13 May 2019 - 03:19 PM.


#7 Pfuscher1

    Member

  • PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:08 PM

Got a different problem with shadows. On highest setting they plop in right in front of me.
Also the lod and texture streaming system sucks balls. Shall I go on?

#8 MrVaad

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 67 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:35 AM

View PostPfuscher1, on 14 May 2019 - 04:08 PM, said:

Got a different problem with shadows. On highest setting they plop in right in front of me.
Also the lod and texture streaming system sucks balls. Shall I go on?

This is more complex, there are many things to fix via the user.cfg variables (shadows, object lod, textures, particles etc)

I've been working on a user.cfg for the last months, I think i have solved or improved most of the problems by reading the cryengine manual and code (oldest amazon version).

I need to write a guide but i haven't found time to do it yet.

Edited by MrVaad, 15 May 2019 - 03:53 AM.


#9 Pfuscher1

    Member

  • PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 06:05 AM

MrVaad please share your config :)





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users