Jump to content

Fp Weekly Report - May 21-2019


375 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Inouye

    Lead Designer

  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,776 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:20 AM

It's patch day. News on a fix. I'll update the community! Login servers offline for maintenance. *headdesk*

Fix went in and QA needed to test. During the maintenance window, it's been confirmed that the 12v12 situation was fixed. This means that delay mentioned on Friday for the Faction Play stuff is no longer needed. When the patch goes live, Faction Play will be fully operational.

Spoiler: First conflict involves Clan Wolf and Rassalhague

Something I'd like to touch on, Scouting IS part of FP and will remain so.. however, the length of a scouting phase will be short. This is the thing about the new conflict system, phases can be set to any duration so if we want scouting to only last for 2hrs, we can do that. It all depends on the story and how much scouting would influence it.

Something else, we're not going to jump the timeline around like crazy, it should be fairly consistent and only change to a different era if it makes sense in terms of what's happening in the overall story points being told. We do have the ability to jump the timeline and revert back for special events like Tukayyid for example.

See ya out there,

-Paul

#2 Nathan White

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 346 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:25 AM

Thx for killing FP. Now, after 4700 hours what i spent in this game, i can be free.

#3 Domenoth

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 429 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:26 AM

Well that's good news. Thanks for the update.

I seem to recall mention that Lonewolves would only be able to drop solo, Mercs would only be able to drop in groups, and Loyalists could drop any way they want. I don't recall seeing mention of that in the patch notes though. Just XP vs CBills vs LP as rewards.

Did that group/no-group restriction get implemented?

#4 Paul Inouye

    Lead Designer

  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,776 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:34 AM

View PostDomenoth, on 21 May 2019 - 11:26 AM, said:

Well that's good news. Thanks for the update. I seem to recall mention that Lonewolves would only be able to drop solo, Mercs would only be able to drop in groups, and Loyalists could drop any way they want. I don't recall seeing mention of that in the patch notes though. Just XP vs CBills vs LP as rewards. Did that group/no-group restriction get implemented?


Group restrictions were removed to give players a bit more flexibility in how they play. e.g. Your unit goes Merc but one of your guys jumped the gun and went Loyalist. You can still all group up and play, just the end rewards will be different between that one guy and your unit.

#5 Domenoth

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 429 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:39 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 21 May 2019 - 11:34 AM, said:


Group restrictions were removed to give players a bit more flexibility in how they play. e.g. Your unit goes Merc but one of your guys jumped the gun and went Loyalist. You can still all group up and play, just the end rewards will be different between that one guy and your unit.

Okay, so sort of like S7 Patrons then? No matter what type you choose, you still have to pick a faction, right? Freelancers and Mercs can't fight for both sides of a conflict...

#6 Paul Inouye

    Lead Designer

  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,776 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:41 AM

View PostDomenoth, on 21 May 2019 - 11:39 AM, said:

Okay, so sort of like S7 Patrons then? No matter what type you choose, you still have to pick a faction, right? Freelancers and Mercs can't fight for both sides of a conflict...


For the duration of the conflict, correct. For example, this first conflict is 4 days long.. you cannot switch factions until the end of the 4th day.

#7 xX PUG Xx

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationOn board the Highlands Revenge

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:57 AM

This may be glaringly obvious but does the new system completely replace the existing (pre-patch FP) mode?

*edit because of stupid big fingers and stupid phone keyboard #I'mgettingauld*

Edited by xX PUG Xx, 21 May 2019 - 11:58 AM.


#8 Paul Inouye

    Lead Designer

  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,776 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:58 AM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 21 May 2019 - 11:57 AM, said:

This may be glaringly obvious but does the new system completely replace rhe existing (pre-patch FP) mode?


Yes.

The database of data has been backed up for historical purposes and we still have access to all of it.

#9 Feral Clown

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:01 PM

Remove scouting from the cycle. It is an entirely different mode and being locked out of what I want to play is total bs. You do not have enough population to draw in enough new players to cover all of the veterans you will lose to this.

If this isn't changed, I know I will be giving up on this game completely.

#10 xX PUG Xx

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationOn board the Highlands Revenge

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:03 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 21 May 2019 - 11:58 AM, said:


Yes.

The database of data has been backed up for historical purposes and we still have access to all of it.



Hmm.. OK. It's not a big deal TO ME as I'm a durty Merc at heart anyway. So if the system brings in the population and therefore gives the MM a chance to actually work all is golden for me but my Kilted Spidey sense detects some vitriol from Loyalists.

Edited by xX PUG Xx, 21 May 2019 - 12:29 PM.


#11 Krasnopesky

    Member

  • PipPip
  • WC 2018 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2018 Bronze Champ
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:16 PM

What role do units have in this new system, can units still win planets?

#12 McGoat

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 524 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:00 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 21 May 2019 - 11:20 AM, said:

Something I'd like to touch on, Scouting IS part of FP and will remain so.. however, the length of a scouting phase will be short. This is the thing about the new conflict system, phases can be set to any duration so if we want scouting to only last for 2hrs, we can do that. It all depends on the story and how much scouting would influence it.



Scouting is the least played aspect of FP, and will remain so. Forcing the mode for 24 hours at start is sure to grind some gears (already has started by the looks of discord lands). 2, maybe 4, hours should be tops for this. The folks that play FP for the most part do so to play with their pals, and to play with multiple mechs at once.

Scouting is QP light, but dumber. :(

#13 denAirwalkerrr

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 936 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:06 PM

Good job. Thanks for killing FP so only gamemode I will play from now on is competitive. Hope someone like Ash will give some good big feedback on that piece of **** you dumped on remaining FP population.

View PostMcGoat, on 21 May 2019 - 01:00 PM, said:


Scouting is the least played aspect of FP, and will remain so. Forcing the mode for 24 hours at start is sure to grind some gears (already has started by the looks of discord lands). 2, maybe 4, hours should be tops for this. The folks that play FP for the most part do so to play with their pals, and to play with multiple mechs at once.

Scouting is QP light, but dumber. :(

I have better proposal. 0 hours. Because it’s second worst gamemode after Escort.

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 21 May 2019 - 01:05 PM.


#14 Bjorn Bekker

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 190 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:07 PM

View PostMcGoat, on 21 May 2019 - 01:00 PM, said:


Scouting is the least played aspect of FP, and will remain so. Forcing the mode for 24 hours at start is sure to grind some gears (already has started by the looks of discord lands). 2, maybe 4, hours should be tops for this. The folks that play FP for the most part do so to play with their pals, and to play with multiple mechs at once.

Scouting is QP light, but dumber. Posted Image


Can't agree with this enough. And the key word "forcing" just does not sit well with me. I don't like to be "forced" to play a game mode I have no interest in whatsoever. And you're saying that the duration of these scouting phases can be longer? Sorry but for a lot of us looking to play in our organized groups that we've made and maintained since this game came out this is just a huge slap to the face. We're here to get together and play with our friends we've made here and enjoyed this game with for years. Not be forced into small 4 mans and effectively break up our groups and wait to regroup after however many hours you decide the scouting phases should last. That just kills the whole point of having a interactive community.

Edited by Bjorn Bekker, 21 May 2019 - 01:16 PM.


#15 TinFoilHat

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 257 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:12 PM

So no option of cancelling a contract once taken (preventing completionists from working through both sets of rewards on events), and traditional Loyalist units are stuck waiting their turn for their faction to appear as a choice for X hours/days then being kicked off for the next "story"? Yeah, don't think that's going to go down well

#16 BROARL

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Locationinvasion

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:25 PM

nobody is going to spend any money for scouting. many people will log out because of scouting.
thankyou for trying but this is bad, very bad.
perhaps this is a subtle ploy to try to get people to play solaris? why not ruin quickplay instead and make those people play solaris?
i cannot see anyone spending money as a result of this, i may be wrong but i think, if this scouting rubbish is FORCED on us (if you force us to find other games to play for long periods) you have hurt the game. it will be too late to remove it later, players will have left.

#17 Pain G0D

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:38 PM

Wow . I had no idea FP enthusiasts hated scouting so much .

#18 VigorousApathy

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 107 posts
  • LocationI have no idea. Im getting sky high in a spider 5v.

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:45 PM

Im more angry that we cant switch sides more than anything else. I mean how dumb is that? I select rasalhauge and cant switch back to balance the que?

We dont have the luxury of a large population!

With the old system, being able to switch sides as merc meant that we could take our fun into our own hands. You've completely killed that.


I'd rather play old faction play with new matchmaker.

#19 Nightbird

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 4,294 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:51 PM

Queue is 1vs12, no way to switch to under-popped side. GG

#20 JKFletcher

    Member

  • Pip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:51 PM

good, have fun ghosting. not going to be forced to play stupid scouting. all i play mwo for is INVASION, like the good old days.

Edited by JKFletcher, 21 May 2019 - 02:53 PM.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users