• Pip
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 08:52 AM

View PostFuerchtenichts, on 23 May 2019 - 08:39 AM, said:

This was already pointed out indirectly in the patch notes: Posted Image

End-of-match rewards:
  • Freelancers receive a 5% XP boost for every match they play.
  • Mercenaries receive a 5% C-Bill boost for every match they play.
  • Loyalists continue earning Loyalty Points (LP) for loyalist titles and rewards. (Note: Additional functionality will be added towards Loyalty Points in a future patch)

Whether pointed out or not, it's a BAD idea. Many people have spent a long time trying to advance through the Merc ranks. Just as long as some of the hardcore loyalists out there. I've personally spent over a year. Now our progress is dead in the water.

#242 FrontlineAssembly

• PipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 84 posts
  • LocationFort Smith Arkansas...can't belive I moved to Arkansas of all places....

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:00 AM

ROLL IT BACK, ROLL IT BACK ROLL IT BACK, ROLL IT BACK ROLL IT BACK ROLL IT BACK....NEED I GO ON?????

#243 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:03 AM

View PostSamuli Salonen, on 23 May 2019 - 08:52 AM, said:

Whether pointed out or not, it's a BAD idea. Many people have spent a long time trying to advance through the Merc ranks. Just as long as some of the hardcore loyalists out there. I've personally spent over a year. Now our progress is dead in the water.

Yeah, that really sucks for everyone close to completing the merc tree. Those last two ranks take some time to get to and if you were on the last stretch trying to finish.. I'd guess its not even the rewards so much as just completing a really long grind, at least I remember it was a good feeling finally getting it done.

#244 stoolsoftener

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:04 AM

Look, Just roll this patch back, it is garbage. Every successful free to play game out there REWARDS the players for playing. Why would anyone remove a players choice to play what they want, and by doing that also remove the c-bill and tier reward system from that faction. Also, Stop being so god damn stingy on the C-bill rewards and SP for matches. Sure high end players can rack up 250k+ cbills and at least 2 skill tree points per match, but that still means someone has to play and win 45 matches where they dont get smashed to max out a skill tree. This fact alone makes the game very hard to break into because it limits people to either playing range or damage farming as they are starting out. As to someone above saying split the xp between your faction and the one that you are currently fighting under for an event, WHY. Why do 70/30, No, make it 100/+25, its a reward for participating, also give people an SP boost and a c-bill boost, and maybe throw loot bags in at the same time. Its ******* digital currency!!! Its not like PGI cant afford to give us c-bills and sp or loot bags. Every time you have an event people show up, HAVE MORE EVENTS. And sure you can do the Faction vs Faction events, hell you could to Clan vs Clan events where you say one clan has challenged another clan to an honor duel. But let us stay IS, give us the LP for our faction like normal, but let us drop as clan and give us some LP for that clan too, basically a temporary mercenary contract. What has PGI got to lose for giving the active community more? THIS GAME IS OLD AS **** and people still play it. Seriously PGI you have an endless combination of FP events, contact people, most Faction units have a discord, GET AN INVITE. Also, to the community, can someone do a quick rundown on how many faction games it takes to reach maximum tier for that house? I would like to know how long it would take to max out all of the Clan, IS, and Merc Units.

Edited by stoolsoftener, 23 May 2019 - 09:08 AM.

#245 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:11 AM

PGI development cycle.

Plans for change ---> Talks about change ----> community gets excited at prospect of good changes ----> PGI takes an eternity to make the change ----> Change is by far worse than original ----> PGI takes forever to go back to the original ----> Population bleeds.

#246 Cahuella Haussman

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:19 AM

To give my part of constructive criticism:

1. Scouting and Invasion should be always two different Game Modes you can choose from.

Why? Me and (i think) many others see Invasion as the Main Game of MWO.

Quick Play is nice to play alone and test builds, but if we are doing something serious, it's gonna be Invasion.

Most of the times our group comes together, because we build a 6 - 12 man group and go for Invasion.

When you force us to play Scouting you not only scare those off who don't like that Game Mode.

It also shatters the Group to small Pieces, as long there is no 12-man-Scouting.

Every little group would do their thing. Thats not something you need to come together for.

We are here for the experience of getting a big Group of Friends together and try your Tactics.

Should we have a Calendar now to see on which Days it makes sense to meet up?

2. Another thing is about the new Conflict/Story-System.

It is definitely worth a try, but nothing that really creates an ongoing Motivation.

You might rather need some kind of Endgame which is for Faction Play only.

Maybe some Rewards like special Loot or more exclusive Faction Content (Maps/Weapons/Game-Modes) you might have to unlock by playing.

Just take a look at what other F2P-Games do for the Endgame and find your way.

3. I don't understand why every Unit-Member is now able to choose their own Faction.

But then you can't change the Faction during a Conflict?

Don't you think this is a little bit strange?

Edited by Cahuella Haussman, 23 May 2019 - 09:21 AM.

#247 -Spectre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:42 AM

View Poststoolsoftener, on 23 May 2019 - 09:04 AM, said:

Also, to the community, can someone do a quick rundown on how many faction games it takes to reach maximum tier for that house? I would like to know how long it would take to max out all of the Clan, IS, and Merc Units.

Assuming 750 LP per match (I average around 900, and I am decently above average, so that feels like a good average number to me) and complete loyalty to the faction, it will take 1,414 games to reach level 20. If the average match score is increased to 1,000, that number becomes 1,060. Given that in the course of the grind, any player should be able to rise well above average, even a player that starts out as a pretty bad player should have somewhere between 1,000 and 1,500 games to hit level 20 in a faction. Of course, these are Invasion matches, not scouting matches. Scouting matches vary widely, returning as little as 25 if you play the objective as a loyalist (which should be the way you get the most--it IS the objective, after all), to as much as a few hundred if you just focus on killing the other guys.Given the massive variation for scouting rewards, I'll leave that out, and just say that:

TLDR: It takes between 1,000 and 1,500 invasion games to reach max level in a given faction, assuming complete loyalty to that faction.

Edited by -Spectre, 23 May 2019 - 09:42 AM.

#248 -Spectre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:49 AM

And to PGI. If you still think that people leaving the game over this is just people exaggerating, here is proof. This is a confirmed case of an EXTREMELY dedicated and good natured player leaving the game due to this idiocy. Others are considering, or have done so without making an announcement. Please stop this madness before you, and we, lose more people.
Posted Image

Edited by -Spectre, 23 May 2019 - 09:59 AM.

#249 Samuli Salonen

• Pip
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:55 AM

View Post-Spectre, on 23 May 2019 - 09:42 AM, said:

Assuming 750 LP per match (I average around 900, and I am decently above average, so that feels like a good average number to me) and complete loyalty to the faction, it will take 1,414 games to reach level 20. If the average match score is increased to 1,000, that number becomes 1,060. Given that in the course of the grind, any player should be able to rise well above average, even a player that starts out as a pretty bad player should have somewhere between 1,000 and 1,500 games to hit level 20 in a faction. Of course, these are Invasion matches, not scouting matches. Scouting matches vary widely, returning as little as 25 if you play the objective as a loyalist (which should be the way you get the most--it IS the objective, after all), to as much as a few hundred if you just focus on killing the other guys.Given the massive variation for scouting rewards, I'll leave that out, and just say that:

TLDR: It takes between 1,000 and 1,500 invasion games to reach max level in a given faction, assuming complete loyalty to that faction.

And its worth noting that FP games take 20-30 minutes typically, plus waiting for a lobby. An active player who manages 5 games a night with that average score would need over 200 days of playing. Taking into account low population days, unexpected losses, disconnects, and other inhibitors, it could easily take a full year for a player to finish a single faction.

This is too long, and now it will be even longer because people can't guarantee progressing on their chosen faction on any given night.

#250 -Spectre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:02 AM

View PostSamuli Salonen, on 23 May 2019 - 09:55 AM, said:

And its worth noting that FP games take 20-30 minutes typically, plus waiting for a lobby. An active player who manages 5 games a night with that average score would need over 200 days of playing. Taking into account low population days, unexpected losses, disconnects, and other inhibitors, it could easily take a full year for a player to finish a single faction.

This is too long, and now it will be even longer because people can't guarantee progressing on their chosen faction on any given night.

I do not think a full year is too long--it simply makes it a big achievement--but a year of 5 games a night (2.5-3 hours every night, 7 days a week, for a full year) could be considered too long. I honestly like the way the ranks are (were). But yes, with the system in this patch, it becomes basically impossible to reach, not because you need so many loyalty points, but because you just can't earn them any more.

#251 NyxSilence

• PipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:39 AM

I'm sick and tired of all of these events involving the lure where they take the restrictions off of loyalist Fighters so they can actually participate in it. I'm not dropping out of Jade Falcon. It isn't happening and there's been dozens of other people before me that have already addressed this. PGI your events are bad. And honestly we don't care to do them. We are here to play Faction play. We however are not here to just drop our loyalists completely. This is really simple all you have to do is click a button to get into Faction play if you want to do something like this join this faction or join this faction in the fight. It's really not a mystery. You keep your faction that you're apart of and you just fight for the event. Why you people are bad at programming is just beyond me. Single player games get this right all the time where you might be allied with a faction but you choose a choice that goes against your faction. Why is it you are incapable of doing this?

Furthermore this is a deeper issue where you have a decaying playerbase because of your actions. You're not just losing members because of MechWarrior 5 coming out your losing members because of your inability to actually be decent Community managers. The community jumps up and down and riots about you're balancing methods when you clearly are destroying things to make them not as viable such as twin gauss and ppcs. Or the time that you guys decided that 8 V 8 what is the fix for the player base diminishing. All of you up there are treating all of us badly. We asked for a viable reporting method and we get ignored. We tell you about the macro RAC 5 incident and instead of those people being banned any and all forms of testing of it any kind are now punishable by ban according to your new rules.

Frankly this entire line of thinking up and down the entirety of this is completely unacceptable and it's about as anti-consumer as it gets. Every time I log on to MechWarrior now it's the same possibly 30 people that might be logged on every single day and nothing ever changes because the player base is diminishing due to us not being heard. If you're trying to kill off MechWarrior online like the other companies that killed off MechWarrior before you you're well on your way. These fixes that you called them are not healthy for your community.

#252 evil kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 143 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:51 AM

Pgi needs a community manager/balancer specifically for fw. Get someone whos job it is to understand the mode and the people who play it.

Like a chris/tina hybrid exclusively for fw, except this person should communicate and drop with the fw community to get a sense of what they want. Selecting people as a community representative isnt effective.

#253 -Spectre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:01 AM

^I'm sure you could hire someone from the community that would be more than happy to fulfill this role. I personally would love to do that as a part time (or full time) job. and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

#254 VileKnight

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:21 AM

In game voip last night was absolutely roasting Russ and PGI. I'm not one to dog pile, but this was a well earned firestorm.

Still just stunned that PGI thought this was a good direction to go. Given the previous updates, I felt that the changes would be good, but it never crossed my mind that this was going to mean I couldn't fight under the Jade Falcon banner.

I am sure it wasn't a full picture, but the amount of players who are flying an actual banner in game last night is around 5-10%. That should also say something.

Personally, I am not going to open my wallet anymore until PGI shows a more thoughtful approach to how they implement changes to MWO. I'll still play, but the spending stop for now. I know many in the community feel that way.

@Russ - I hope you are ready to field all of the questions that are coming your way tomorrow over this. Be ready to deal with it, and I will tell you now that if you are dismissive it's not going to go over well with the community. Your customer base is way past the point of saying "wtf". As the leader of PGI it would be in your best interest to step up and take charge of this situation. Get things back on track. Know the temperature of the room and respond accordingly. Good luck.

Edited by VileKnight, 23 May 2019 - 11:24 AM.

#255 -Spectre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:34 AM

PGI devs reading this chat (or the PTS chats, however you want to take it)
Posted Image

Edited by -Spectre, 23 May 2019 - 11:42 AM.

#256 BARRY SHlTPEAS

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 80 posts
  • LocationBrown Sea Buccaneer

Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:03 PM

Whomever coded the client to flash the MWO icon on the windows task bar orange when the matchmaker has failed to find a game is either a genius or a moron.

Genius if you were trying to create a really effective way to annoy me.

Moron if you legitimately thought it to be a good idea.

#257 -Spectre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:10 PM

^if it works the same as solaris, then it kicks in at the last 5 seconds, so you know a match is about to start. It is a good thing if there are actually people playing, but in the current state there are not enough people playing for that to be of any use.

#258 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:33 PM

I don't know why everyone is complaining. I just won 6 matches in a row. Granted, the new "win" conditions are a little hard to understand.....you see, every time you watch your team build up to 12 and above, then get passed over for the drop is a "win." I'm digging this new feature. It prevents me from getting torqued off at the PUG groups on the attack by simply denying me the match.

Forward thinking, PGI! I like it!

#259 -Spectre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:36 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 23 May 2019 - 12:33 PM, said:

I don't know why everyone is complaining. I just won 6 matches in a row. Granted, the new "win" conditions are a little hard to understand.....you see, every time you watch your team build up to 12 and above, then get passed over for the drop is a "win." I'm digging this new feature. It prevents me from getting torqued off at the PUG groups on the attack by simply denying me the match.

Forward thinking, PGI! I like it!

What? Someone complementing something PGI has done with this patch?
That said, that does sound like a better way to do ghost drops. If only my computer wasn't broken right now.

#260 BARRY SHlTPEAS

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 80 posts
  • LocationBrown Sea Buccaneer

Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:49 PM

View Post-Spectre, on 23 May 2019 - 12:10 PM, said:

^if it works the same as solaris, then it kicks in at the last 5 seconds, so you know a match is about to start. It is a good thing if there are actually people playing, but in the current state there are not enough people playing for that to be of any use.

Nope, it just goes off at 4 seconds before the timer counts down to zero, whether it has found you a game or not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users