#21 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 May 2019 - 01:13 AM

View PostGaius Julius Ceasar Augustus, on 21 May 2019 - 07:42 PM, said:

Today I got an account injection of two IS 'mechs. a "gift"... I suppose. (note for any devs reading this, IS 'mechs/weapons/tech is like a gift a brown bag full of poo lit on fire and lovingly left on your doorstep. you don't want it and it stinks.)
Those mechs are a bonus from MW5 preorder and were only available through a separate redeem code.
You had to specifically redeem that code from MW5 website to get them, so you knew very well what you were doing and what you'd get as a result.

#22 Gaius Julius Ceasar Augustus

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 04:36 AM

@tesunie - I wasn't intending to be mean I was failing to be humorous. like when I call the corsair ugly... it's made of strapped together bits of other mechs, so it's supposed to look that way. I'm not saying the person(s) who made the model did a poor job on it.
I suppose the hyperbole in the original post also have comes off as rude rather than funny. I apologize to anyone whom I may have offended.

@horseman - I didn't know that you can't sell certain types of mechs. I redeemed the code intending to sell them for c-bills. a "newb" mistake sure. but you are incorrect, I did not know this would happen.

Cheers to the person who suggested stripping them and selling off their components - actually very helpful advice. I was able to turn round and buy a mech I wanted with the money I made.

@th6thmessenger - from what 've read, you can't transfer or donate special mechs either, the only way to remove them is to contact support.

I never expected so many replies to this post. obviously this is a pretty busy forum.

Again, sorry to anyone who was offended or upset. perhaps I should give up humor...

#23 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 23 May 2019 - 05:26 AM

View PostGaius Julius Ceasar Augustus, on 23 May 2019 - 04:36 AM, said:

@th6thmessenger - from what 've read, you can't transfer or donate special mechs either, the only way to remove them is to contact support.

I never expected so many replies to this post. obviously this is a pretty busy forum.

Again, sorry to anyone who was offended or upset. perhaps I should give up humor...

Have you tried asking PGI to just make the redeem code reusable again? Posted Image

Edited by The6thMessenger, 23 May 2019 - 05:44 AM.

#24 Dauntless Blint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 408 posts
  • LocationPlaying other games.

Posted 28 May 2019 - 12:54 AM

View PostGaius Julius Ceasar Augustus, on 21 May 2019 - 07:42 PM, said:

I found my way to this forum by finding an original BattleTech game box in a used book store back in '89.

I played some of the old MechWarrior games, and then spent a fair bit of time on MekWars servers. My favorite was the Clan Wars server which enforced RP and Zellbrigen. good times.

I've been playing MWO for a few months and building a stable of clan 'mechs.

Today I got an account injection of two IS 'mechs. a "gift"... I suppose. (note for any devs reading this, IS 'mechs/weapons/tech is like a gift a brown bag full of poo lit on fire and lovingly left on your doorstep. you don't want it and it stinks.)

Now, I know what to do with an IS 'mech. melt it for scrap metal. An I've sold every previous IS 'mech I've been "gifted". because... no. just... hell no.

but these two - a KGC-001(s)and a MAD-9M(s)… I can't sell. they do not appear in my "inventory" menu, but they do appear under my "select 'mech" menu.... much to my distaste.

They are the terds in my breakfast cereal. so... thanks... a bunch. please remove them from my inventory. pretty please. no really, just GET RID OF THEM.

cheers.

Is there a way you can gift the KGC-001 to me, It's my favorite bit of kit even if clams more OP.

#25 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 28 May 2019 - 10:13 AM

I'll assume this a poorly written troll or joke topic.

I guess you haven't realized that even the clans used (and do use) inner sphere mechs on non front line, garrison, security detail or homeworld duties etc and they even redesigned certain IS mechs. You know the IIC mechs. What do you think kerensky had in his exodus.

I guess we've spotted another Clan 'Crutch' mech pilot.

Edited by mad kat, 28 May 2019 - 01:53 PM.

#26 Achle

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 03:17 PM

Better then my account injection. I got a Centurion and Uziel. Centurion is fine but that Uziel!?! I mostly pilot assaults. I tried o uziel and I lasted like 15 seconds...think I got one volley off. LOL

#27 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,597 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:04 PM

Best way to pilot a Medium is to find one of the Assaults you used to drive and play Hunchbuddy. You stick with your Big, and shoot what he shoots: if he peeks, you peek behind him (don't block him, just move in a parallel line) and add your firepower to his while the enemy's weapons are cycling; if he leaves cover to advance, run through the enemy and sandwich them between you and your Big - in between, maul any Lights that come after your Assault Buddy.

It can take a little getting used to, but when you find a good Assault, a Hunchbuddy is tons of fun.

#28 shaytalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 271 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:40 PM

Call them Trophies instead of Mechs. Spoils of War. Give them backstories.

#29 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 11:47 AM

Posted Image

#30 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 06 June 2019 - 11:52 AM

The Clanners took K.Crabs and Marauders with them when the fled the Sphere, what's the problem....

#31 Pfuscher1

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 02:25 PM

Cauldron born...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users