Suggestion

5 replies to this topic

#1 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 27 May 2019 - 03:32 AM

As of right now there are a lot of assault mechs in QP. There are usually more than 4 assaults on each team and the remaining assaults that don't fit into the Charlie lance are put into Bravo lance.
"What's the problem with that?" -you might ask. The problem is that the Bravo lance's spawn is located on the far left relative to everyone else, which often results in slow assaults struggling to join their team and getting killed by the nascaring enemy lights, moreover, on one of the sides of the map Bravo lance is dropped into a crater which slows assaults down and makes joining their team even more difficult.
This spawnpoint layout made sense when there was no middle gate and lights from Alpha lance didn't have that many problems getting to one of the two gates but now that there is a gate in the middle and with the nascar fashion this spawnpoint layout is causing problems listed above.
If the Bravo lance and the Alpha lance swapped their drop points it would allow all assaults to easily group up while the lights from Alpha lance would still be able to join the rest of the team using their high mobility.

Edited by admiralbenbow123, 27 May 2019 - 03:32 AM.

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:13 PM

View Postadmiralbenbow123, on 27 May 2019 - 03:32 AM, said:

As of right now there are a lot of assault mechs in QP. There are usually more than 4 assaults on each team and the remaining assaults that don't fit into the Charlie lance are put into Bravo lance.
"What's the problem with that?" -you might ask. The problem is that the Bravo lance's spawn is located on the far left relative to everyone else, which often results in slow assaults struggling to join their team and getting killed by the nascaring enemy lights, moreover, on one of the sides of the map Bravo lance is dropped into a crater which slows assaults down and makes joining their team even more difficult.
This spawnpoint layout made sense when there was no middle gate and lights from Alpha lance didn't have that many problems getting to one of the two gates but now that there is a gate in the middle and with the nascar fashion this spawnpoint layout is causing problems listed above.
If the Bravo lance and the Alpha lance swapped their drop points it would allow all assaults to easily group up while the lights from Alpha lance would still be able to join the rest of the team using their high mobility.

You should also keep in mind drop points in relation to GP, where any weight class mech can (and often do) drop at any point. I would just completely suggest the drop point that lands you inside a crater be moved to along side the wall nearby. Same gate could be used to progress into the main map, but it would let assaults group up faster if they drop there simply because they don't have to make a 90 degree turn upon spawn to get out of the crater walls... or some of them try to go over the crater edge, only to get stuck and having to back out and go around anyway...

I think the spawn you are referring to just needs to be outright shifted over by a single grid. (Ignore me if I've got the incorrect spot. Hard to say without maps...)

#3 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 29 May 2019 - 01:17 AM

View PostTesunie, on 28 May 2019 - 09:13 PM, said:

You should also keep in mind drop points in relation to GP, where any weight class mech can (and often do) drop at any point. I would just completely suggest the drop point that lands you inside a crater be moved to along side the wall nearby. Same gate could be used to progress into the main map, but it would let assaults group up faster if they drop there simply because they don't have to make a 90 degree turn upon spawn to get out of the crater walls... or some of them try to go over the crater edge, only to get stuck and having to back out and go around anyway...

I think the spawn you are referring to just needs to be outright shifted over by a single grid. (Ignore me if I've got the incorrect spot. Hard to say without maps...)

Yeah, the slight spawn shift would be nice. I remember having 3 matches in a row where I spawned in that crater in my Fafnir and when I got out of the gate I instantly got swarmed by nascaring enemy lights.

#4 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:29 AM

View Postadmiralbenbow123, on 29 May 2019 - 01:17 AM, said:

Yeah, the slight spawn shift would be nice. I remember having 3 matches in a row where I spawned in that crater in my Fafnir and when I got out of the gate I instantly got swarmed by nascaring enemy lights.

Nothing can really be done map design for NASCaring if that's what the teams are determined to do. However, trying to get your team to cover allies and counter NASCar is the trick (which can be some trick sometimes). However, moving spawns to better locations for moving to the fight would be a bonus. Having to turn around and go backwards (slight extreme) to get onto the "main map" isn't exactly ideal. People want to drop and then head straight to where they need to go, either with their team or into a forward position. It's a hassell to be dropped with a wall right in front of your face...

Many spawns just need minor adjustments, nothing too extreme of a change. In this case, a side movement one grid maintains distance to primary objectives, while opening pathways to promote a more natural flow.

(In not so many words, I agree with you.)

#5 xX Befallen Xx

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 06:25 PM

If you don't have a 300+ rating engine you are pretty much dead as a heavy mech spawning there too. I've started just shutting down my mech when I spawn in that crap hole and waiting for one rotation to occur just so I can make it out of the gate with out getting swarmed by 3 lights.

#6 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 09:31 AM

pgi hates trading. In old times all mech started together. But that was to static for pgi.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users