#61 Cazador88

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:24 AM

View PostRakia Time, on 29 May 2019 - 08:04 AM, said:

as someone who's primary weapons are AC and UAC 20's at this point i just stopped listening, you just want this game to die
im done here, bye

[redacted]

Edited by Tina Benoit, 31 May 2019 - 01:51 PM.
negative nonconstructive contribution to the conversation + insults

#62 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:39 AM

View Postoktocat, on 28 May 2019 - 06:44 PM, said:

Look... I haven't been on in a while, and I just got back into the game. I haven't played FP, so I don't know what the deal is with that. I really don't know what anyone's problem is. The game is fun to play, so why complain? "But muh $500 golden mech" Did anyone make you buy it? It was just there so people could support the game. I guess I'm just tired of people hating on PGI and other dev companies. Like I said, I don't really know what's going on, but don't get mad, that won't change anything.

Yo, oktocat. I wanted to explain this to you.

The reason why most people are angry with PGI is due to the FP changes. While the storytelling part is a step in the right direction, it is quickly shoved to the sidelines after Loyalists had their factions removed. On a mercenary mindset, who cares, but from a loyalist perspective they are taking away the only identity they tie with. To be honest, it is a legitimate reason on why people are upset if you come from a loyalist perspective or played that side before (like myself). After all, if something is messed up, it's messed up. The thing is FP was hyped up and as much as Paul communicated about his plans, it looked like this patch had severed any goodwill about the mode. Sure I'll admit that I'm disappointed on how things turned out, but I'm just going to wait and see about the podcast for Friday, so I'm not gonna sweat it.

#63 oktocat

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 24 posts
  • LocationIn a Mist Lynx?

Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:01 AM

View PostWill9761, on 29 May 2019 - 08:39 AM, said:

Yo, oktocat. I wanted to explain this to you.

The reason why most people are angry with PGI is due to the FP changes. While the storytelling part is a step in the right direction, it is quickly shoved to the sidelines after Loyalists had their factions removed. On a mercenary mindset, who cares, but from a loyalist perspective they are taking away the only identity they tie with. To be honest, it is a legitimate reason on why people are upset if you come from a loyalist perspective or played that side before (like myself). After all, if something is messed up, it's messed up. The thing is FP was hyped up and as much as Paul communicated about his plans, it looked like this patch had severed any goodwill about the mode. Sure I'll admit that I'm disappointed on how things turned out, but I'm just going to wait and see about the podcast for Friday, so I'm not gonna sweat it.

I see. Thank you for taking some time to explain this to me instead of telling me to "stfu", it helps me get a better idea of what people are going through, and gives me some faith in the community. Oh, denAirwalkerrr, if you want to make fun of someone for their K/D ratio, make fun of me. I'll spare you the trouble of going to my page. Here, .58. Yeah, basically 1/2. I might be a "potato" or whatever tollas would like to call me, but I still enjoy the game.

I'm not good at MWO, but does that give me any less of an opinion. Sure, PGI could do a better job. But PGI also has a whole bunch of really great people working for them.

Will, I've played TT Battletech so I know a bit about the lore, did they remove certain factions outright? If so, which ones? Sorry to bother you.

#64 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:18 AM

View Postoktocat, on 29 May 2019 - 09:01 AM, said:

I see. Thank you for taking some time to explain this to me instead of telling me to "stfu", it helps me get a better idea of what people are going through, and gives me some faith in the community. Oh, denAirwalkerrr, if you want to make fun of someone for their K/D ratio, make fun of me. I'll spare you the trouble of going to my page. Here, .58. Yeah, basically 1/2. I might be a "potato" or whatever tollas would like to call me, but I still enjoy the game.

I'm not good at MWO, but does that give me any less of an opinion. Sure, PGI could do a better job. But PGI also has a whole bunch of really great people working for them.

Will, I've played TT Battletech so I know a bit about the lore, did they remove certain factions outright? If so, which ones? Sorry to bother you.

You're very welcome. As far as I know, they didn't remove any factions outright, but they changed the loyalists system to where people will have to choose between two random factions for the storymode.

#65 Cazador88

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:47 AM

View Postoktocat, on 29 May 2019 - 09:01 AM, said:

I only call someone a potato for their mentality not their skill at the game and this "insult" would not even exist in this game if people of different skill were not forced fo play together by a totally meaningless tier/psr/mm system. Plus i only liked "that" post because if you don't know why the majority of people who only or mostly just play FP are upset then don't start defending a developer who asked for feedback and then totally ignored everyone.

Edited by tollas669, 29 May 2019 - 09:54 AM.

#66 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 10:02 AM

Maybe we'll get IS omnis...

#67 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 29 May 2019 - 10:44 AM

View PostMechaBattler, on 29 May 2019 - 10:02 AM, said:

I don't know dude, I'm getting increasingly pessimistic regarding mechpacks. It sure seems like they might be going away as we know them or something.... I can't believe they haven't announced one yet. Tells me there might now be one for a while.

#68 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 11:03 AM

Not happening.

#69 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 11:09 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 28 May 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

They are switching to the Unreal Engine, which will take time but they believe it will be worth the effort. The engine switch will also allow them to finally perform a technology/timeline leap which was previously difficult, with the rapid fire effect of some of the new weapons such as the HAG being an issue with the current engine. Due to ongoing work on MW5 plus the MWO upgrade, there won't be any new 'Mech packs for a while, but work will continue on FP and when the engine update launches, there will be a 4 'Mech pack dropping with a pricing strategy similar to the Phoenix pack. There won't be a Mechwarrior tournament this year, since almost nobody outside of OutrageHPG watches it anyway and those guys wouldn't know gratitude if it was released from a North Korean prison.

Also, Russ has chopped off 4 of Paul's fingers, one for each of the remaining FP players who were annoyed by that whole loyalist thingy.

I soo hope you are right!

Well... about the UnReal Engine part anyway... Posted Image Posted Image

Because I have tested another game that has been developed during the past 6 years with the CryTek Engine and is anything but playable called Star Citizen! Posted Image Posted Image

I would also like to suggest that everyone who only complains about PGI to take a look at that game and realize how well PGI has managed to give us a PLAYABLE game instead of some Alpha status piece of datacrap like that other developer... Posted Image Posted Image

So hereby I would like to say once again : THANK YOU PGI !!! Posted Image

P.S. : I really miss the All Chat and I hope it comes back very soon!

#70 Stargazzer811

• PipPipPip
  • The Moonwalker
  • The Moonwalker
  • 97 posts
  • LocationAn experimental SLDF McKenna class Battleship, waiting for Clan Nova Cat to return to the Inner Sphere in 3160

Posted 29 May 2019 - 11:28 AM

View PostRakia Time, on 29 May 2019 - 05:55 AM, said:

man seeing the majority of the people in this thread.....constantly negative is not a way to go trough life

I second this.

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 29 May 2019 - 07:13 AM, said:

Uhuh https://www.reddit.c...balance_update/

Listening to bottom 10% whining on LRMs non effectiveness and buffing them 3 patches in a row worked really well for MWO.

Posted Image

But you are free to praise every single PGI dicidion as you want.

Spoiler

My my all I see on that graph is a sharp decrease in salty Tier 1 players who don't need in our game. Because that's essentially all Tier 1 is, elitest salt. Its either their nascar meta way, or the highway. LRMs are a thing whether people like it or not, they are useful whether people like it or not, and they are gonna remain in the game whether people like it or not. Learn to live with it, or don't, your choice.

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 29 May 2019 - 08:15 AM, said:

You're quite good with them at 0.76 KD by the looks of it.

Also, KDR ain't everything, in fact its arguably the worst metric because it doesn't show how hard someone tried in an actual match. Head out of a$$ please.

View PostGas Guzzler, on 29 May 2019 - 10:44 AM, said:

I don't know dude, I'm getting increasingly pessimistic regarding mechpacks. It sure seems like they might be going away as we know them or something.... I can't believe they haven't announced one yet. Tells me there might now be one for a while.

Keep the faith my friend, its all we have.

Shout out to Tina for keeping the salt in check! Keep up the awesome work! Also, Save the Thunderbolt, Buy Armor Quirks!

Edited by Avalon91211, 29 May 2019 - 11:32 AM.

#71 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 29 May 2019 - 12:21 PM

My my all I see on that graph is a sharp decrease in salty Tier 1 players who don't need in our game. Because that's essentially all Tier 1 is, elitest salt. Its either their nascar meta way, or the highway. LRMs are a thing whether people like it or not, they are useful whether people like it or not, and they are gonna remain in the game whether people like it or not. Learn to live with it, or don't, your choice.

Also, KDR ain't everything, in fact its arguably the worst metric because it doesn't show how hard someone tried in an actual match. Head out of a$$ please.

First off, I'm frankly flabbergasted by the fact you think Tier 1 is 'elitist salt' when it (the tier) is so grossly overpopulated. The fact a player can, arrive in Tier 1 eventually on the back of their teams winning, regardless of how well they personally performed surely indicates something is wrong with the tier system itself to you (and that it is therefore not an accurate measure of 'elitism' whatsoever)?

Secondly, constant rotation is not something you actually see good players of this game calling for constantly. More often it's frustration that good trading positions are abandoned, that teams are too timid to take strong positions (such as theta on mining) and that instead people keep rotating because they're afraid to get shot at, or won't push as a group.

Thirdly, with regards to KDR - KDR alone isn't the be all end all of someone's stats - but someone who consistently has a KDR of less than 1 usually falls into one of three (edit: four) camps:

- Pushes too far in advance of their team, and thus dies isolated.
- tries to 'flank' but is too obvious in doing so.
- Doesn't know how to rotate out when being focused, and instead sees red and starts trying to tank even more damage.
- Stares too long/keeps using the same position repeatedly while lining up shots at range (too much facetime/poor trading)

They might be great at spreading damage, but be a poor shot - or be poor at target prioritization (which can be where to shoot a mech as well as which mech to shoot). In addition to KDR, a consistently low match score and sub 1.0 WLR shows that you are not in fact an asset to your team.

My own stats for example are certainly not impressive at all - but I'm not the one talking to players who not only understand how this game works, but have over the course of multiple years shown publicly that they can put that into practice, and care about making the game better for all, not just those at the highest levels of competitive play.

The changes Navid mentions were things aimed at promoting a wide variety of viable playstyles, rather than forcing people to focus on one to two things at most if they want to be truly effective in a match. Variety is good. It's fun. It keeps things from being stale if you want to win (and in a pvp game such as this, the name of the game is to win).

Also, ask Navid about his love for Mass Effect: Andromeda in a match. Trust me, he loves it.

Edited by Daidachi, 29 May 2019 - 12:24 PM.

#72 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 02:28 PM

The fact they keep toying with FP. Makes me think more of the same. But hopefully something different to just tease people into sticking around. IS Omni's seems like a low enough bar for them. While also being kind of different and new. Just slap some 15% quirks and any IS mech will have a niche.

Worst case scenario they're just biding time and they're gonna announce their license not renewed. Maybe Microsoft thinks MechAssault is better, so they should kill the competition. Sounds like Microsoft logic. But maybe PGI will discretely release server code to allow private servers as a final goodbye.

Or best case scenario they announce MWO2.0 and they're just stopping sales to transition to that.

Honestly I'm thinking more of the same.

#73 Aldodrem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 05:18 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 27 May 2019 - 12:21 PM, said:

Posted Image

Please say you going to Make PPC Great Again by adding in the pre/overcharger and/or capacitors

#74 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 29 May 2019 - 05:34 PM

View PostAvalon91211, on 29 May 2019 - 11:28 AM, said:

My my all I see on that graph is a sharp decrease in salty Tier 1 players who don't need in our game.

When the graph has no Tier listings on it. How have you been able to discern that, exactly?

I would really like to understand your method of interpreting data from graphs... Especially data that isn't on there to begin with.

KDR is the worst metric? Posted Image Its the 2nd more important after WLR because if you are having an impact in the matches you will win more often than you lose and that will lead to killing more than you are dying simply from a statistical standpoint.

#75 Rockcrusher

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 06:24 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 29 May 2019 - 05:34 PM, said:

KDR is the worst metric? Posted Image Its the 2nd more important after WLR because if you are having an impact in the matches you will win more often than you lose and that will lead to killing more than you are dying simply from a statistical standpoint.

How dare you to bring reason into an emotionaly loaded argument. Posted Image

Edited by Rockcrusher, 29 May 2019 - 06:24 PM.

#76 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 07:21 PM

Two words: LASER CIGAR

#77 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:12 PM

R A P T O R

Russ, I will pay moneyz for one. I need my tiny box with all the lasers!

#78 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:49 PM

If there was going to be more packs, they wouldn't go 2 months without selling one.

#79 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:20 AM

View PostNightbird, on 29 May 2019 - 09:49 PM, said:

If there was going to be more packs, they wouldn't go 2 months without selling one.

There's going to be more packs.

Amazingly, there was a time when we DIDN'T get a new mech every month. My god!

Edited by Arkhangel, 30 May 2019 - 06:20 AM.

#80 RakiaTime

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:42 AM

lol tossing around KDR, thanks for making my point that you're a cancer to this game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users