272 replies to this topic

#81 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:43 AM

View PostRakia Time, on 30 May 2019 - 06:42 AM, said:

lol tossing around KDR, thanks for making my point that you're a cancer to this game

If you want I can also throw in that you're performing worse then 3/5 players in this game. Which is quite an achievement!

#82 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:44 AM

View PostRakia Time, on 30 May 2019 - 06:42 AM, said:

lol tossing around KDR, thanks for making my point that you're a cancer to this game

I mean this AC20 thing is like standing up and saying "cheeseburgers and french fries are one of my primary food groups and I'm fine therefore they are totally fine so how dare you question their health" when in fact you have 95% blocked arteries, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes.

#83 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStuck somewhere between a Fantasy and Reality

Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:45 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 30 May 2019 - 07:16 AM, said:

When it comes to in game behavior, I'd rather have a toxic player that can carry half the team in my games rather than a very nice person who drags the team down by being useless.
This game definitely needs more good players, it has enough "nice" but bad players.
Toxicity in this game is a result of lack of performance by 99% of the community.

I have to call BS on this one Sir.

Toxicity is not the result of a lack of performance by 99% of the community.
Toxicity is the result of someone who does not play the GAME as YOU think they should.
We have a small enough population in this game, we don't need Toxic players dragging down those of us who enjoy the game.
And I must stress that word, GAME.
It's no small wonder that new players (and some older players) don't stay with this community as your Toxic team carriers belittle and degrade those that are trying to learn and/or enjoy the GAME.
Not everyone who playes this GAME, picks up on all of the tricks and tips as fast as you must have.
I for one am far from a good player (as I am sure someone will point out quickly enough).
But I will not put someone down for how they play the GAME.
To them, they maybe having the best match of the day, or the worst.
That does not give you, or anyone the right to dictate how they play the GAME.

GealicWolf
GhostBear
ARC07

#84 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:52 AM

View PostGaelicWolf, on 30 May 2019 - 07:45 AM, said:

Toxicity is the result of someone who does not play the GAME as YOU think they should.
We have a small enough population in this game, we don't need Toxic players dragging down those of us who enjoy the game.
It's no small wonder that new players (and some older players) don't stay with this community as your Toxic team carriers belittle and degrade those that are trying to learn and/or enjoy the GAME.
Not everyone who playes this GAME, picks up on all of the tricks and tips as fast as you must have.
I for one am far from a good player (as I am sure someone will point out quickly enough).

GealicWolf
GhostBear
ARC07

Please show where any of us said we don't like how someone plays. I'm not calling him out for playing on AC/UAC20. I'm calling him out for saying that he thinks he's doing well when he can't even secure 1 kill per game with them and the fact that it's again objectively two worst ACs in game after completely useless LBX5 which correlates with his stats. Regardless toxicity I have question. Who is more toxic: guy posting numbers or guys calling out his age and saying that he's cancer oif this game? Posted Image

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 30 May 2019 - 07:59 AM.

#85 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:09 AM

View PostGaelicWolf, on 30 May 2019 - 07:45 AM, said:

GealicWolf
GhostBear
ARC07

I don't condone toxic behavior.

But I expect people to understand the concept of a PvP game. Everything you do in the game affects the gameplay experience of people you are playing with.

By your logic, I can equip a flamer on my mech, drop in a match and run around and expect to hear nice things from my team because I'm having fun and it's "my game"?!

There is a report option in the game called "assisting the enemy"
Which means that if you are a detriment to your team, you are assisting the enemy and can be reported.

Let me give you an example
I'm playing in a solo q where a group of "positive" and "nice" players are also sync dropped in. I'm working my a$$ off to offset and compensate their "fun gameplay" to win the match.
I bring a 1-6 loss to a 11-12 loss, doing more damage in a light mech brawling with the whole enemy team than 8 people combined, while those "positive" players who died in the first 2 minutes doing back seat driving on their streams.

I then ask people on voip to "stop being useless and carry your weight" (exact quote)
And I'm being called an a$$ hole by 3-4 "positive" players on stream.

I'm sorry guys... I'm sorry I tried to force a win on you.

It's funny since the same guys who play the game for "fun" get pissed off when they are steam-rolled.... I thought you were playing for fun!!!... what happened to all that positive attitude?!!!

Edited by Navid A1, 30 May 2019 - 08:14 AM.

#86 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:12 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 30 May 2019 - 07:52 AM, said:

Please show where any of us said we don't like how someone plays. I'm not calling him out for playing on AC/UAC20. I'm calling him out for saying that he thinks he's doing well when he can't even secure 1 kill per game with them and the fact that it's again objectively two worst ACs in game after completely useless LBX5. Regardless toxicity I have question. Who is more toxic: guy posting numbers or guys calling out his age and saying that he's cancer oif this game? Posted Image

The point I am trying to make (and evidently failing) is based on his one statement....

When it comes to in game behavior, I'd rather have a toxic player that can carry half the team in my games rather than a very nice person who drags the team down by being useless.
This game definitely needs more good players, it has enough "nice" but bad players.
Toxicity in this game is a result of lack of performance by 99% of the community.

THAT, right there is what we DON'T need.
THAT, right there is what is driving away new players
Instead of putting down someone, help them out.

He even says...

With regards to the person (denAirwalker) you were addressing,... so far he has done more than you can think of in terms of teaching new players and creating informative content and guides.

So even he and you understands that we have to help those that may need it. (and brother do i need it)

GealicWolf
GhostBear
ARC07

#87 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:15 AM

View PostGaelicWolf, on 30 May 2019 - 08:12 AM, said:

The point I am trying to make (and evidently failing) is based on his one statement....

He even says...

So even he and you understands that we have to help those that may need it. (and brother do i need it)

GealicWolf
GhostBear
ARC07

Just FYI

Posted Image

But naah dude. Me and Navid are cancer of this game because we call out 'positive players' for their BS.

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 30 May 2019 - 08:19 AM.

#88 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:29 AM

He even says...

With regards to the person (denAirwalker) you were addressing,... so far he has done more than you can think of in terms of teaching new players and creating informative content and guides.

The problem runs deeper than you think.

Three years ago, Paul (lead game designer) decided to introduce a PSR system and a matchmaker that increasingly pushed people towards Tier 1, regardless of how they play.

As Tier 1 to 3 got filled with new and clueless players, the more skilled part of the player-base got tired of match quality going down the toilet.
People told PGI what is going to happen with that system. (seriously, the posts are still there)

After 3 years, pls understand that it has become torture.
I'm a pretty calm person, yet 10 solo q matches is enough for me to decide to log off and hang myself.

Also, I can compare the things I've done to bring forth the underlying mechanics of this game (something PGI should do) to benefit both new and experience players, reporting bugs, finding problems, etc. against anyone.

There are two types of new players... The ones who try to search for advice on well-known community hubs... and the ones who think everyone giving them advice (in whatever form) is an a$$ hole.

#89 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:34 AM

He even says...

GealicWolf
GhostBear
ARC07

I'll jump on tonight and share a few more direct fire builds I'd like you to start using.

Edited by Grus, 30 May 2019 - 08:46 AM.

#90 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:48 AM

So,
Now I'M the bad guy.
And I never once called either one of you A$$holes.
I even stated that you both have helped in the past.

Wow, and people wonder why players don't ask for help.

#91 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:57 AM

View PostGaelicWolf, on 30 May 2019 - 08:48 AM, said:

So,
Now I'M the bad guy.

Only one calling you a bad guy is you.

I find it hard to find a single new player who has been treated badly when asked for help.
If you want advice, I can direct you to places where you not only get advice, but occasional training from true top players as well.

Edited by Navid A1, 30 May 2019 - 08:58 AM.

#92 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 09:19 AM

So,
Now I'M the bad guy.

Who's calling you bad?

#93 Stargazzer811

• PipPipPip
  • The Moonwalker
  • The Moonwalker
  • 97 posts
  • LocationAn experimental SLDF McKenna class Battleship, waiting for Clan Nova Cat to return to the Inner Sphere in 3160

Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:08 AM

So,
Now I'M the bad guy.

You and me both friend, you and me both. Some people just don't get it, and that's ok. Just ignore them. They aren't worth your time.

#94 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:37 AM

Hello Den and Navid,

I think the two of you have done more for the game than it deserves. You are to be held up as shining examples of what good gamers should be.

The issue you have is bad players in your tier. It's not the fault of the bad players that they are grouped with you. It's the fault of the low population and bad skill metric. The low population can be blamed on any one of a thousand things. The bad skill metric is a choice PGI made.

Imagine if a high school baseball pitcher was required to play in the major leagues because there weren't enough baseball players. His stats would be the worst in history. I'm sure almost every batter at Major League level would get hits on him and many many home runs.

Not everyone has amazing hand eye coordination. Not everyone has hyper-fast synapses. 100 is the average IQ, half of the people on the planet are above and half below. You can't just assume that since you are good that every player should be able to be good. There are such things as physical and mental limitations.

That's why there are leagues. These are formed to identify a player's skill level and group them accordingly. We don't have that in MWO so we have to live with less skilled players being matched with high skilled players. Placing blame or shame on the less skilled players is unjust and immoral. The blame and shame lie with PGI.

I think all players would like to be grouped with people reasonably close to their skill level. There just aren't enough players to do that. I wish it were different but it's not.

You probably feel as though the huge contributions you have made to the game were wasted efforts in light of the mass exoduses that have occurred. You made content for the masses and the masses have moved on. Your content is awesome and deserves to be looked at and praised and used. It's not likely to get the attention is deserves as this is a dying game. I'm sorry it played out that way for you. I'm sure many people have benefited and you should be proud of that.

In short, take it easy on the less skilled they didn't choose their mental or physical abilities. You didn't choose yours either, they were given to you. If you were blessed than be thankful and please continue to use your blessings to help those that weren't.

*edited for typo

Edited by Eatit, 30 May 2019 - 10:40 AM.

#95 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 30 May 2019 - 02:09 PM

Good thing the expert of misinformation has now arrived and given his over qualified view of matters...

Edited by justcallme A S H, 30 May 2019 - 02:10 PM.

#96 Stargazzer811

• PipPipPip
  • The Moonwalker
  • The Moonwalker
  • 97 posts
  • LocationAn experimental SLDF McKenna class Battleship, waiting for Clan Nova Cat to return to the Inner Sphere in 3160

Posted 30 May 2019 - 05:20 PM

View PostEatit, on 30 May 2019 - 10:37 AM, said:

Hello Den and Navid,

I think the two of you have done more for the game than it deserves. You are to be held up as shining examples of what good gamers should be.

The issue you have is bad players in your tier. It's not the fault of the bad players that they are grouped with you. It's the fault of the low population and bad skill metric. The low population can be blamed on any one of a thousand things. The bad skill metric is a choice PGI made.

Imagine if a high school baseball pitcher was required to play in the major leagues because there weren't enough baseball players. His stats would be the worst in history. I'm sure almost every batter at Major League level would get hits on him and many many home runs.

Not everyone has amazing hand eye coordination. Not everyone has hyper-fast synapses. 100 is the average IQ, half of the people on the planet are above and half below. You can't just assume that since you are good that every player should be able to be good. There are such things as physical and mental limitations.

That's why there are leagues. These are formed to identify a player's skill level and group them accordingly. We don't have that in MWO so we have to live with less skilled players being matched with high skilled players. Placing blame or shame on the less skilled players is unjust and immoral. The blame and shame lie with PGI.

I think all players would like to be grouped with people reasonably close to their skill level. There just aren't enough players to do that. I wish it were different but it's not.

You probably feel as though the huge contributions you have made to the game were wasted efforts in light of the mass exoduses that have occurred. You made content for the masses and the masses have moved on. Your content is awesome and deserves to be looked at and praised and used. It's not likely to get the attention is deserves as this is a dying game. I'm sorry it played out that way for you. I'm sure many people have benefited and you should be proud of that.

In short, take it easy on the less skilled they didn't choose their mental or physical abilities. You didn't choose yours either, they were given to you. If you were blessed than be thankful and please continue to use your blessings to help those that weren't.

*edited for typo

Well hell, another tier 1 player I can respect! I'll be damned. Thank you for your insight into all of this Eatit, truly. (No sarcasm here, I really mean it, thank you)

#97 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:04 PM

I just gotta...

#98 Punkarelli

• Pip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 04:46 AM

Player statistics are HATE SPEECH!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#99 RakiaTime

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 55 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:48 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 30 May 2019 - 07:43 AM, said:

If you want I can also throw in that you're performing worse then 3/5 players in this game. Which is quite an achievement!

i will have you know that i am performing worse than 4/5 of the players in this game, thank you very much

Edited by Rakia Time, 31 May 2019 - 05:48 AM.

#100 Unconstructive Waste of Time

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 31 May 2019 - 07:27 AM

I've spent many years on MWO, buiding mechs, fighting to win and improving skills.
I think MWO is unique and great and I hope it all will keep going.
So thanks fellow MWs and also thank PGI but just try to "repair" the faction thing...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users