179 replies to this topic

#41 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 01 June 2019 - 01:13 AM

I took a look again at the SSAO/SSDO effects (examples here https://www.tweakgui...Crysis3_15.html).
SSAO/SSDO is set by the ENVIRONMENT option ingame

On VERY HIGH, MWO and Original Cryengine use SSDO=2
On HIGH, MWO uses SSAO=2
On MEDIUM, MWO uses SSAO=1
On LOW, MWO uses SSAO=0.

The original Cryengine default is SSAO=5 for LOW / MEDIUM / HIGH.

Each of these values makes the game use a different SSAO technology. And from my tests SSA0=1 and SSAO=2 are the oldest and the most power hungry.

HIBERNAL RIFT training ground starting point (GPU auto power, freq=1126Mhz)
BASE :40%
SSAO1:62% SSAO2:62% SSAO3:50% SSAO4:50% SSAO5:54%
SSDO1:52% SSDO2:53%

If i'm not mistaken, without a user.cfg, people on ENVIRONMENT MEDIUM or HIGH loose a lot.

Edited by MrVaad, 02 June 2019 - 11:43 PM.

#42 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 03:52 AM

This sound quite insteresting. I will test it when I have the time to do it.
Also give that man a mechbay and MC for his work ^_^

#43 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 02 June 2019 - 11:43 PM

Ooops, i mixed things in my last post Posted Image
SAAO/SSD0 is set by the ENVIRONMENT setting ingame (and not SHADING which set shaders quality)

Although, if you set the ENVIRONMENT to LOW, you will loose terrain quality (e_TerrainLodRatio)
Terrain is only affected by the LOW setting.

Edited by MrVaad, 03 June 2019 - 12:04 AM.

#44 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 03 June 2019 - 01:14 AM

View PostMrVaad, on 01 June 2019 - 01:13 AM, said:

I took a look again at the SSAO/SSDO effects (examples here https://www.tweakgui...Crysis3_15.html). SSAO/SSDO is set by the ENVIRONMENT option ingame On VERY HIGH, MWO and Original Cryengine use SSDO=2 On HIGH, MWO uses SSAO=2 On MEDIUM, MWO uses SSAO=1 On LOW, MWO uses SSAO=0. The original Cryengine default is SSAO=5 for LOW / MEDIUM / HIGH. Each of these values makes the game use a different SSAO technology. And from my tests SSA0=1 and SSAO=2 are the oldest and the most power hungry.
HIBERNAL RIFT training ground starting point (GPU auto power, freq=1126Mhz) BASE :40% SSAO1:62% SSAO2:62% SSAO3:50% SSAO4:50% SSAO5:54% SSDO1:52% SSDO2:53%

If i'm not mistaken, without a user.cfg, people on ENVIRONMENT MEDIUM or HIGH loose a lot.

Lol. I just put my SSAO to 4, and my SSDO to 1, i got better FPS.

#45 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 03 June 2019 - 02:20 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 03 June 2019 - 01:14 AM, said:

Lol. I just put my SSAO to 4, and my SSDO to 1, i got better FPS.

I think there's one that has priority and disable the other. but i don't know which one Posted Image
I only found SSD0 in lumberyard, nothing about SSAO

Edited by MrVaad, 03 June 2019 - 02:20 AM.

#46 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 03:31 AM

I tried this briefly, and noticed some oddities with rounds acting as if there was invisible terrain in front of me. Note that this was only in testing grounds as I did not take it out live after seeing this.

PPCs would sometimes act as if they were splashing in front of the cockpit but ragdoll took damage, same for ACs.

I reverted back to normal instead of debugging simply due to time.

Cool idea though, menus loaded really fast Posted Image

Edited by McGoat, 03 June 2019 - 07:22 AM.

#47 Thiccacuga

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 04:08 AM

So here's the big question: Polar Highlands and the hills.

What value you think would work to keep let's say...hills from popping into proper shape within ~200 meters and making my merry *** think that I can hit a target when the top of the hill's actually blocking the shot?

#48 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 03 June 2019 - 05:54 AM

View PostMcGoat, on 03 June 2019 - 03:31 AM, said:

I tried this briefly, and noticed some oddities with rounds acting as if there was invisible terrain in front of me. Not that this was only in testing grounds as I did not take it out live after seeing this.
PPCs would sometimes act as if they were splashing in front of the cockpit but ragdoll took damage, same for ACs.

Hmmm, you're the second player to report this problem, can you tell me your system specs, MWO settings and if you changed anything in the user.cfg ?

View PostCuddlyZebesian, on 03 June 2019 - 04:08 AM, said:

What value you think would work to keep let's say...hills from popping into proper shape within ~200 meters and making my merry *** think that I can hit a target when the top of the hill's actually blocking the shot?

So Polar's Hills are purely terrain (whereas crystals from tourmaline are objects on the terrain).
Sadly, terrain's geometry is controlled by one variable locked by MWO. This variable is controlled by the ENVIRONMENT setting. On LOW, it's set to 3, and on all other settings, it's set to 2.

So the best you can do is using ENVIRONMENT ON MEDIUM minimum and OBJECT DETAIL on MEDIUM minimum.

Edited by MrVaad, 03 June 2019 - 09:08 AM.

#49 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:21 AM

View PostMrVaad, on 03 June 2019 - 05:54 AM, said:

Hmmm, you're the second player to report this problem, can you tell me you system specs, MWO settings and if you changed anything in the user.cfg ?

i7 6700k | 980ti | 32gb ram
IIRC particles are low, shadows high, rest medium: full windowed

I did not change anything from the files, just imported into applicable folders and went into testing grounds.

Edited by McGoat, 03 June 2019 - 07:22 AM.

#50 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:34 AM

Ok , can you find the line with e_ParticlesObjectCollision and set e_ParticlesObjectCollision=2 ?

This will re-enable dynamic collisions for particles (1 is collision with static objects). This would be strange as collisions should use the projectile (not the particle).

Edited by MrVaad, 03 June 2019 - 07:35 AM.

#51 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:47 AM

View PostMrVaad, on 03 June 2019 - 07:34 AM, said:

Ok , can you find the line with e_ParticlesObjectCollision and set e_ParticlesObjectCollision=2 ?

This will re-enable dynamic collisions for particles (1 is collision with static objects). This would be strange as collisions should use the projectile (not the particle).

Sure, i'll give that a shot this evening.

#52 Thiccacuga

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 11:41 AM

View PostMrVaad, on 03 June 2019 - 05:54 AM, said:

So Polar's Hills are purely terrain (whereas crystals from tourmaline are objects on the terrain).
Sadly, terrain's geometry is controlled by one variable locked by MWO. This variable is controlled by the ENVIRONMENT setting. On LOW, it's set to 3, and on all other settings, it's set to 2.

So the best you can do is using ENVIRONMENT ON MEDIUM minimum and OBJECT DETAIL on MEDIUM minimum.

And there lies the big fat stinky **** that I have to release: I got stuff on UH with your settings, and I have all the frames wew. But I'm STILL stuck with popping hills. If it is indeed MWO then well, poop.

#53 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 821 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 June 2019 - 11:52 AM

Interesting. ill have to check this out when I get the time. Any help against a terrible game engine like Cry Engine will go a long way.

#54 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 03 June 2019 - 02:37 PM

View PostCuddlyZebesian, on 03 June 2019 - 11:41 AM, said:

And there lies the big fat stinky **** that I have to release: I got stuff on UH with your settings, and I have all the frames wew. But I'm STILL stuck with popping hills. If it is indeed MWO then well, poop.

Yes, you can't make the terrain better because PGI locked this variable in matches. But you can test in the training grounds Posted Image
Try 1/0.5/0.1 for e_TerrainLodRatio (the lower, the better, this is the variable locked in matches)
In polar, if you see some rocks changing too close to you, try raising e_LodRatio.

The cryengine can do a lot more and better, it is sad to see it dragged through the mud.

Edited by MrVaad, 04 June 2019 - 03:36 AM.

#55 -FROST-

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 05:25 AM

I installed this, then made a change to a keyboard mapping in-game, which then crashed my game requiring running repair tool to delete game.cfg.

#56 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 04 June 2019 - 05:56 AM

View PostFrostM3, on 04 June 2019 - 05:25 AM, said:

I installed this, then made a change to a keyboard mapping in-game, which then crashed my game requiring running repair tool to delete game.cfg.

Can you tell me your system specs and what you installed ?
The game could not start after the crash ? I don't use game.cfg.

Also, if you can post the omicron.log of your crash ? (should be under \Saved Games\MechWarrior Online\Logs )

Edited by MrVaad, 04 June 2019 - 07:37 AM.

#57 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 12:33 PM

I have just taken the cfg and pak files and droped them in as instructed and have about 10-15 frames more.
You sir have done more for optimising the game then PGI did in 7 years it seams...except the last hotfix came with some optimizations.

Anyway works like charm for me.

#58 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 04 June 2019 - 09:24 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 04 June 2019 - 12:33 PM, said:

I have just taken the cfg and pak files and droped them in as instructed and have about 10-15 frames more.
You sir have done more for optimising the game then PGI did in 7 years it seams...except the last hotfix came with some optimizations.

Anyway works like charm for me.

I'm glad it helps you.
Just for info, can you tell me the performance you had before and your system specs ?

#59 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 05:47 AM

FPS: ~60 -> 70-90 @ 3440x1440
Settings Low except for :
- Object Detail+Textures = Very High
- Envoirment: High

No AA or motion blur

Specs:
Ryzen 7 1800X
GF 970
RAM 16 GB

Edited by Nesutizale, 05 June 2019 - 02:25 PM.

#60 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 07:50 PM

So I tried this out without the pak files and it seems to work some, but I still get frametime spikes and stutter. So the game might be running fine at times but then I'll get some frametime spikes of over 100ms, other times it will say its running 55-60fps but frametimes will be close to 30ms. I tried turning down the recommended user.cfg settings, and then tried turning down some extra things like particles, rain, snow, vegetation, also turned all the in game settings down. I find that limiting frametime or fps with rivatuner tends to help with the stutter since without a limiter even though I will get higher fps the frametime is often times higher.

With the frametime/fps limited I'm only using ~40% of any cpu core, gpu, half my ram, third of the vram.

Any recommendations on other things to change? I'm mostly concerned with fixing the stuttering and pausing, don't need the game to look pretty right now, though not having a lot of object/texture pop would be nice.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users