Rewards For Waiting In Queue For Hours?

21 replies to this topic

#1 shaytalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 271 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:23 AM

Could we start getting rewards based upon amount of time waiting in a FP queue? Folks who are sitting in queue trying to make FP happen are doing God's work and deserve a reward for it.

(Or alternative, some sort of a reward for folks who have at least tried to play the new FP? )

Edited by shaytalis, 31 May 2019 - 08:13 AM.

#2 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 511 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:27 AM

I'd prefer we got some actual games instead.

which would mean to fix the 1-3 OBVIOUS things that atm prevent that.
but.......... Posted Image

#3 shaytalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 271 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:30 AM

View PostCaptain Caveman DE, on 31 May 2019 - 05:27 AM, said:

Well yes games would be better, but some sort of consolation prize hotfix would be nice in the meantime X) The idea is to persuade folks to wait in the queue for the matches to happen, which would therefore increase the number of matches happening.

Edited by shaytalis, 31 May 2019 - 05:31 AM.

#4 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 511 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:52 AM

we're talking about the same thing here; difference is:
-you're trying to make the symptoms more tolerable.
-I'd like to get rid of the disease.

let us switch factions 'on the fly', and match is-group vs clangroup, is vs is, or clan vs clan. anything to avoid having large groups waiting for a match. just give us one. any match is better than no match.
well almost any Posted Image

personally, I wanna shoot mechs. I don't wanna get rewarded waiting for a match, staring at the mwo-washing-machine.

Edited by Captain Caveman DE, 31 May 2019 - 05:54 AM.

#5 shaytalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 271 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 06:32 AM

View PostCaptain Caveman DE, on 31 May 2019 - 05:52 AM, said:

we're talking about the same thing here; difference is:
-you're trying to make the symptoms more tolerable.
-I'd like to get rid of the disease.

let us switch factions 'on the fly', and match is-group vs clangroup, is vs is, or clan vs clan. anything to avoid having large groups waiting for a match. just give us one. any match is better than no match.
well almost any Posted Image

personally, I wanna shoot mechs. I don't wanna get rewarded waiting for a match, staring at the mwo-washing-machine.

I think it's possible to treat the symptoms with a hotfix while also treating the problem with a better long-term solution. I think in the short-term having some sort of a reward for waiting in the queue for long periods of time would help to build up the queue population and get more matches.

#6 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 31 May 2019 - 11:06 AM

View PostCaptain Caveman DE, on 31 May 2019 - 05:27 AM, said:

Goes beyond the expectations of a "minimally viable product," so....probably not.

Let's face it, the one "bonus" we did get is that technically.....there are fewer pugstomps per hour. Fewer games, fewer pugstomps. Hard to argue the math.

#7 Sneaky Ohgoorchik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 10:12 AM

I like the Idea of Captain Caveman DE. Some scheduling+playing the game may work.

Edited by Sneaky Ohgoorchik, 02 June 2019 - 10:13 AM.

#8 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 10:01 PM

So extra 1% to CB, LP and XP mulplier for each minute in queue.

#9 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 10:11 PM

If they let people switch factions on the fly it defeats the entire purpose of having factions.

I mean if they wanted to redesign FW to not have factions id be okay with that. But you couldnt call it faction warfare anymore.

You might piss off some loyalists but what else can PGI really do to combat low player population? Getting rid of factions seems necessary at this stage. the queue times will only keep getting worse as more people leave.

Edited by Khobai, 02 June 2019 - 10:18 PM.

#10 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 02 June 2019 - 10:24 PM

And yet people are leaving and annoyed because of the entire state of loyalists being broken in the first place a core part of the Lore and so on. So annoyed are people Paul even created a dedicated discussion ABOUT Loyalist because he has realised there is a fair issue there and a lot of people share that issue...

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 03 June 2019 - 02:10 PM.
unconstructive

#11 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 06:21 AM

View PostKhobai, on 02 June 2019 - 10:11 PM, said:

If they let people switch factions on the fly it defeats the entire purpose of having factions.

I mean if they wanted to redesign FW to not have factions id be okay with that. But you couldnt call it faction warfare anymore.

You might piss off some loyalists but what else can PGI really do to combat low player population? Getting rid of factions seems necessary at this stage. the queue times will only keep getting worse as more people leave.
all that would do is turn it into a GQ isk mode with zero depth. Faction Loyalists give it that depth and flavor. Remove that, and you get Fosters beer.... ;)

#12 Erikwa Kell

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 01:14 PM

How about remove the 24 players minimum to start a match and have a variable system that would creat 4V4, 8V8, 12V12 matches as available?
The longer the timer goes, the more likely it should switch down from 12 to 8 to 4. (with 12V12 being the weighted desired outcome)
Most of the modes and maps can still be played reasonably with as few as 4V4 (perhaps bar a few of the bigger ones for obvious reasons from being used for 4V4 and 8V8 respectively)

#13 Uakari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 02:38 PM

At least starting a game when there are more than 8 on each side with a 10 min Timer would help (like before).
Waiting fir 2 more minutes when the Timer says like 10 - 15 is a Bit too much.Feels like the solaris Timer.

Edited by Uakari, 06 June 2019 - 02:41 PM.

#14 Freund Hein

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 02:59 AM

Concerning the leak of patient players: smaller maps would be needed, to make a 8v8 or 5v5 not boring. But that would also need a kind of algorithm, that counts how many players are actually playing and will possibly join the queue...short: that estimates, if it's worthwhile to wait longer.
I'm sitting in a queue for almost 30 minutes by now and i see the folks passing by, which is no one's guilt. My first thought was on a different game-mode...something casual just until the queue has filled. But that's an *** full of work to realize.

One thing, that would shorten my time, is the opportunity to click around and built some of my mechs. But while i'm in queue, i am damned to watch the time go by. This one really sucks to me. Posted Image

Perhaps a little map, where all the waiting players join for a warm-up-skirmish would be some good invention. With some C-Bill-Rewards of course. But just not too big. Just a little warm-up with some pocket-money. Posted Image

Else the players get bored and will finally - and mostly sadly - abandon this game as a "dead game".

Edited by Freund Hein, 02 January 2020 - 03:08 AM.

#15 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 04 January 2020 - 06:59 AM

Hey, here's an idea.....how about if they add a new "achievement" tree that includes waiting for FP and being passed over? Cbills, GXP, etc.

#16 Freund Hein

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 09:30 PM

I don't want to get any *** achievements or refunds for waiting.

I don't want to be waiting!

And i don't want to post my boredness...just like "goddamn....once again 26 minutes 'till i had enough players on each side and then i got ripped out of queue...most certainly because i'm not teamed up with others. where's my **** sweet priority spot in that o'so lovely queue now?!"

What is it now about a waiting-skirmish-room or AT LEAST allowing to minimize the Launch Queue Window and allowing bored users - such as myself - to tinker a little bit with their mechs? I think, that's not too hard to get started.

I honestly like that game. I haven't played it for a while since my old PC couldn't rly get it running. And now, that i do have a machine suitable for mwo, i'm starting thinking 'bout deleting it.

AND I RLY RLY LIKE THAT GAME.

So pls make MWO survive - invent somethin' to shorten the queues!

Edited by Freund Hein, 07 January 2020 - 10:22 PM.

#17 Paul Meyers DEST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 539 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 12:31 AM

Hi Hein,

FP is for Groups, so get a Group and drop. If the Group leader did it Right you can even Play in the mechlab while waiting for a game.

#18 -Winter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 156 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 08:06 PM

View PostPaul Meyers DEST, on 08 January 2020 - 12:31 AM, said:

Hi Hein,

FP is for Groups, so get a Group and drop. If the Group leader did it Right you can even Play in the mechlab while waiting for a game.

LFG in game always seems dead when I join. Is there another location or site to use to group up easier?

#19 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:39 PM

Giving 20k cbills every 2 min cycle (equal to 300k every 30mins, the time of a typical match) would be a good idea.

Too bad MWO is in maintenance mode meaning 0 dev time.

#20 Paul Meyers DEST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 539 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 10:56 PM

View PostWinter VII, on 08 January 2020 - 08:06 PM, said:

LFG in game always seems dead when I join. Is there another location or site to use to group up easier?

No, i use to join lfg and than waiting for an invite while searching for a game. I often send friend invites after the match to Group up easier.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users