Why Did You Stop Buying Mech Packs?

BattleMechs Store

144 replies to this topic

#141 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:18 AM

Bcs. i did not play MWO for leveling up Mechs.

I have a few Mech-Chassis i am interested in, i own that ones PGI offers, no interest in buying others.

#142 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:37 AM

My reasons are like 3/4ths of all the posts made in the thread. What they did to the Night Gyr especially. And on the Blood Asp. Plus having too many mechs that are not really different from each other and/or just DOA. Nothing to differentiate or make you want the new ones from the ones you already have. Plus an increasing decline in the quality of the product, like the game randomly freezing my gaming notebook completely.

#143 Michal R

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 428 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:47 AM

They to expensive, they sell it for the price of new game.
Cyberpunk is AAA game and it only 47 euro.
New mech pack 70 USD for all.
Simple less price = more sell.
That how it works in real life.

#144 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 20 June 2019 - 06:10 AM

May as well put in my 2 cents:

I stopped buying mech packs for a lot of reasons but they all come down to the fact that I got tired of PGI's approach to the game and its population of players.

For about 2.5 years I was happy to spend copious amounts on mech packs for myself and others to the tune of several thousand dollars. I'd still be doing it too because I really enjoyed giving out mech packs and trying to make the community more fun, and yes, to support PGI's development of the game, even when I didn't agree with particular decisions of the day.

But then a lot of things just started to get to me:

- Russ and some of his conduct and comments.

- The clear realization that CW (the whole reason I started playing) was never going to be any better than it was in phase 2 (and in fact would just get worse).

- The constant efforts by the balance team to vanilify everything and by doing so gut build diversity and remove even the most niche variants from viability.

- The grind.

- The refusal of PGI to even bother to try and understand its various player populations and how they approach the game and the resultant lethal consequence to long term population stability (forget growth) by having a PSR and MM system that fails to take those approaches into account (e.g. Insisting on putting low skill lorenerds who just want to drop in their 5SL Chargers eventually into the same matches as dedicated high skill gamers, running optimized builds, is not going to encourage anyone to play your game. How can you not bother to even try to account for this?).

- The stupidity of the skill tree (and its awful UI), which from day 1 was obviously going to make good mechs better while limiting bad mechs further; and PGI's inability to even recognize that reality or make any effort other than to leave some quirks in the game to mitigate it.

-The removal of the rule of three, yet never providing ala carte pricing, and the coincidental trend of selling packs where often only 1-2 variants would be decent, and those 1-2 variants were often a reinforcement or hero.

- My own more personal irritation at the fact that most camo patterns look faded and washed out on my beloved Quickdraws, not to mention that stupid f***ing horned helmet of the FRR loyalty pattern.

I could go on. But really what's the point? I have 9000 posts since 2015 wherein I have tried to get PGI to address any of these things if they wanted me to keep throwing money at them. They aren't and weren't interested. And I'm too tired to keep trying.

#145 Orville Righteous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 127 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 June 2019 - 06:57 AM

I haven't stopped buying mech packs, but I've definitely slowed down buying mech packs. For me, these are the reasons:

1. Like Russ said, I have so many mechs now. It's really hard to find something new in a mech pack. I have mechs that I've bought and hardly ever played. I know I have over 200 mechs but I play with maybe 20.

2. I used to buy mechs packs for the Premium Time. Well, I bought a years worth of Premium Time during one of their sales so I don't need to buy mechs for Premium Time anymore.

3. PGI probably releases mechs for C-bills too quickly. If there is any doubt about the mech pack, I'll just wait for the C-bill release. If mechs weren't released for C-bills so quickly, I'd probably be more inclined to purchase a mech pack.

PGI should really start selling mechs as individual mechs. Maybe when you buy a mech, you get some free GXP to help skill it up part of the way too. Incentivize purchasing mechs with money vs C-bills. I have the C-bills to buy whatever mech I want so there isn't much incentive to use real money on mechs.

Me not buying mech packs is kind of sad. I actually like supporting the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users