Conquest

29 replies to this topic

#21 dario03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 06:21 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 29 June 2019 - 10:08 PM, said:

Dude conquest is actually pretty legit in faction.

It is, but a higher ticket count to win would be good. Game is set for 25 minutes but is often over in half that by caps without even needing one team dominating the cap points. I don't think it should go up so much that ignoring the caps becomes the norm but an increase to 1500-2000 should be fine. I would probably start at 1750.

I think possibly adding 2 capture points on bigger maps and an even higher point requirement might be good in faction play too.

But more importantly I also think the capture points should have their neutral time increased. Used to be uncapping a point and then running off was a strategy because you might get jumped if you stayed to long and the neutral time was longer. But now going from enemy sliver cap to friendly sliver cap is so short you might as well stay until it gets capped. Points are almost always capped by one team or the other instead of neutral which removes some strategy from the game. Or maybe make it so there are multiple levels of capped, slight cap 1 point, half cap 2, full cap 3. (more of a comp thing but still).

Edited by dario03, 30 June 2019 - 06:23 AM.

#22 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 10:48 PM

I can grok that.

Increase neutral time and maybe bump the cap to 1400.

#23 tacorodwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWexford, Ireland

Posted 01 July 2019 - 09:34 AM

Hi just wondering if you have seen any of my other forum posts regarding Conquest and Incursion. they are appearing rather frequently and I was wondering if you could decrease the frequency of them and increase the frequency of Siege mode? Also can you increase the ticket count in Conquest mode?

Thanks

#24 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 02 July 2019 - 02:31 AM

Siege is absolutely the worst, lopsided, unfair mode in the game, always favoring the defenders. Depending on the map, you can tell how most matches are gonna end just by looking at weather you're attacking or defending, and who your enemies are.

It needs dire reworks and should be removed until those reworks are done.

So HELL NO to removing incursion and making it all about siege.

Introducing QP modes into FP was one of the best things to ever happen in FP..

Also your "yes or yes" pole is just wasting internet space OP..

Edited by Vellron2005, 02 July 2019 - 02:32 AM.

#25 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 02 July 2019 - 04:35 AM

View Posttacorodwarrior, on 01 July 2019 - 09:34 AM, said:

Hi just wondering if you have seen any of my other forum posts regarding Conquest and Incursion. they are appearing rather frequently and I was wondering if you could decrease the frequency of them and increase the frequency of Siege mode? Also can you increase the ticket count in Conquest mode?

I have closely examined the interwebs and I can confirm that this revealed several threads in which it appears that you and many other paying customers of MWO would indeed prefer to see more of Siege mode and less of the Quick Play modes.

I have further uncovered that increasing the ticket count in FP Conquest was on the list of 'low effort fixes' committed to, oh, 9 months or so ago.

All of the above seems relevant in this, designated as it was "The Year of Faction Play".

Edited by Appogee, 02 July 2019 - 04:37 AM.

#26 tacorodwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWexford, Ireland

Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:18 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 02 July 2019 - 02:31 AM, said:

Also your "yes or yes" pole is just wasting internet space OP..

Wha? What pole? What are you talking about? If they will not Increase ticket count in Conquest they should remove it (in my opinion) I want to have more Siege in Faction play, you do not, I make a post and you..... oh yea should make a post. Thanks.

Oh also you are able to predict what team will win a match by seeing who is playing on both sides and the map and the victory conditions. Of course you can anyone can lol. But that is an issue of low population and a lack of a match maker and a complete ignoring of this gamemode by the devs in favor of them working on the fantastic addition that was Solaris or some other COMPLETE waste of time. Anywho I am off to make another Post requesting the increase of Conquest ticket count and the increase in chances of getting a siege map.

#27 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 02:04 PM

[mod]Several threads with the same or similar topic have been merged.
Several unconstructive posts have been removed.[/mod]

#28 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 02 July 2019 - 02:41 PM

Conquest is pretty dreadful. I can stand it once in a while but on a regular basis -- yikes.

The thing is... it was originally not part of FP. I think was a good decision by PGI not to include it. Scouting kinda fills that type of game play for those who enjoy it and in some ways (smoke diving excluded) does it better.

#29 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 05:11 AM

id say make it 1500. i think one of the charms of fp conquest is that it puts you into a time crunch where doing objectives is slightly more important than keeping your mech alive, and the result is more aggressive than usual gameplay. i just love the faster than usual pace of the mode.

making the objective too high might just devolve the mode into another form of skirmish, or make it play too much like qp conquest where you just kill everyone and cap the bases uncontested to end the match. 1500 seems like a happy medium, as 1250 seems a little quick. ideally you would be on your 3rd mech when you reach the cap goal while holding 3 caps. feels like im currently on my second mech when that happens.

Edited by LordNothing, 03 July 2019 - 05:12 AM.

#30 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:49 PM

Personally, I like conquest because of emphasis on map control.

The little fights that break out everywhere can also be pretty fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users