67 replies to this topic

#41 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:25 AM

I was wondering why the Rocket Launcher 20 damage wasn't registering. I loaded up with 4 RL 20s, got into a range of amount 100m to an Annihilator and fired all of them at the same time. I checked the damage score on the website for RL20s after the match and it only 80 damage was recorded. And no, there wasn't any AMS eating up the damage.

#42 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:07 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 13 June 2019 - 06:57 AM, said:

The event is cancer. Never seen so many absolutely useless builds.

You really don't need to make useless builds to do the event. The 4xSSRM2 and 2xLPPC BJ-2 I mentioned earlier? I tweaked it a bit and dropped in two matches. The first was a pathetic 98 damage match where I got caught out while my team rotated away from me (doesn't matter what the build, a Blackjack will melt if focused on), but the second was an impressive 504 match score game that finished both the SSRM2 and LPPC damage requirements.

I was pleasantly surprised so I loaded up the BJ-2 with a dual ERPPC build and did about 280 damage to finish that requirement. I did a mid 400s match score game with my MW5 Marauder to do the LRM20 with Artemis damage requirement, and I just finished a 600 damage game in a Vindicator to do the MRM40 damage requirement.

It just requires common sense, matching weapons that go well together and using a mech that's built to use the weapons properly.

#43 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:13 AM

I'm currently watching the stream at NGNGTV and it was brought up that some people who don't have a lot of c-bills might be frustrated by the challenges if they can't afford the cost to buy a weapon to do the challenge.

I suggested that for future events there could be a longer challenge with an inexpensive weapon that gives as a reward a collection of weapons to do the other weapon challenges. For example 1,000 damage with an AC2 gets you one of each weapon to do the IS Ballistic Challenge, or at least the most expensive or two most expensive weapons. Or bundle in a variety of cheap energy, ballistic, and missile weapon challenges (one of each) with the most expensive ballistic, energy, and missile weapons that need to be completed in companion challenges as a reward.

#44 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 11:10 AM

Why clan ac/20?
UAC20 would make sense

#45 RobarGK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 183 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 13 June 2019 - 11:27 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 13 June 2019 - 08:25 AM, said:

I was wondering why the Rocket Launcher 20 damage wasn't registering. I loaded up with 4 RL 20s, got into a range of amount 100m to an Annihilator and fired all of them at the same time. I checked the damage score on the website for RL20s after the match and it only 80 damage was recorded. And no, there wasn't any AMS eating up the damage.

Last I checked 4 x 20 is 80.

Late edit: My mistake, I thought they were 1 damage per missile like classic battletech. Never really use them much and when I do it's always in the middle of a heavy brawl so it's rare for half to hit.

Edited by RobarGK, 20 June 2019 - 06:45 AM.

#46 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:01 PM

View PostRobarGK, on 13 June 2019 - 11:27 AM, said:

Nah did not check... 2 damage for a missile so 160. But RL hitreg is garbage

#47 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:27 PM

Personally, I thought using an lb2x Pirhana to get the lb2x part done in one match brought a certain unique flavor to that match. :D

#48 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:47 PM

View PostRuccus, on 13 June 2019 - 10:13 AM, said:

I'm currently watching the stream at NGNGTV and it was brought up that some people who don't have a lot of c-bills might be frustrated by the challenges if they can't afford the cost to buy a weapon to do the challenge.

I suggested that for future events there could be a longer challenge with an inexpensive weapon that gives as a reward a collection of weapons to do the other weapon challenges. For example 1,000 damage with an AC2 gets you one of each weapon to do the IS Ballistic Challenge, or at least the most expensive or two most expensive weapons. Or bundle in a variety of cheap energy, ballistic, and missile weapon challenges (one of each) with the most expensive ballistic, energy, and missile weapons that need to be completed in companion challenges as a reward.

If you play a couple games especially with a hero mech you can easily make enough cbills to afford any weapon needed .

#49 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 13 June 2019 - 02:24 PM

View PostPain G0D, on 13 June 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

If you play a couple games especially with a hero mech you can easily make enough cbills to afford any weapon needed .

To buy one of each weapon needed for just the Inner Sphere challenges you need 2.75 million c-bills for the ballistic weapons, 1,352,500 c-bills for the energy weapons, and 1.58 million c-bills for the missile weapons for a total of almost 5.7 million c-bills worth of weapons.

I'm fine (I have well over 150 million c-bills) and I've got plenty of spare weapons but when you're looking at 300k for a light PPC, 800k for an LB10X, or 700k for an MRM40 it adds up for the newer player.

#50 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 13 June 2019 - 02:54 PM

View Postkapusta11, on 13 June 2019 - 06:57 AM, said:

The event is cancer. Never seen so many absolutely useless builds.

It's temporary, take advantage of lackluster builds against you. So this "cancer" is benign and in remission.

#51 AUH20L

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:40 PM

I always enjoy events, they change things up enough to keep the game from being too repetitive... And this one, I even found a build I really enjoy but never would have tried otherwise.

#52 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:03 PM

View PostRobarGK, on 13 June 2019 - 11:27 AM, said:

Rockets do 2 Damage per missile. So, each RL 20 is doing 40 damage for a grand total of 160 damage.

#53 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:29 PM

I saw, and made, some... interesting builds. There were some odd weapon choices though. I am not even sure why I have a C-AC20 in stock.

As others have found, RL20 hitreg is utterly abysmal. It took 3 games with 5 of them on an Archer, all chain fired, at 200-300m range, to get the required damage amount. The last event with RL was not any better. I learnt the hard way not to group fire a lot of rockets, it is like they eat each other mid air.

The light PPCs are funny. I made a build with 5 of them and just chain fired away all match, saw plenty of others doing the same. They also seem to suffer from poor hitreg if you group fire them, I could eat the ghost heat and fire 5, but they did almost no damage.

#54 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 14 June 2019 - 05:10 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 12 June 2019 - 01:14 PM, said:

Excludes Champions and Sarah's Jenner as they boost XP

Sarah's Jenner boosts CBills, not XP. So it is the same as a Hero.

Thank you for the sales and event.

#55 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:06 PM

Don't know what's going on, I am firing 2xRL20s at around 230-270m range, either one at a time or both together, at assaults and heavies, and am tracking the event per match, and every time I am certain my rockets are hitting the enemy squarely, my rocket damage is ticking upwards 35-38 points per RL40 alpha.

Are half my rockets missing? Is the spread that bad? Or is there something wrong with the rocket damage?

#56 Craigieboy

Rookie

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 05:33 AM

I've been watching this thread for the past few days. Yep, there's some interesting weapon choices that we have to work with. Yep, there's the annoying fact you have to buy weapons you don't normally use.

But here's the thing. It's getting people to stop worrying about the ****ing meta. Getting people to just have a bit of fun and lighten up. Forget about your K:D ratio for once and enjoy it! I've just played two matches that I've done terribly in but I don't care. It's been bloody good fun watching people running around with a whole battery of rocket launchers, others kamakaziing across the field with micros, trying out builds that are completely useless, all for a bit of fun.

There's enough salt in this thread (and that's saying something for the MWO community) that I should be bringing fish and chips. Have some fun folks!

#57 CrustyMech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 148 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 June 2019 - 07:47 PM

Dunno if it has been mentioned (haven't checked the thread) but when PGI is pushing MC only purchases it would be prudent to also have some sort of deal on buying MC for real cash. That way the whales can pick and chose to buy several mechs and not a pre-made bundle.

Just my .02 MC worth....

#58 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 12:37 AM

View PostRuccus, on 13 June 2019 - 02:24 PM, said:

To buy one of each weapon needed for just the Inner Sphere challenges you need 2.75 million c-bills for the ballistic weapons, 1,352,500 c-bills for the energy weapons, and 1.58 million c-bills for the missile weapons for a total of almost 5.7 million c-bills worth of weapons.

I'm fine (I have well over 150 million c-bills) and I've got plenty of spare weapons but when you're looking at 300k for a light PPC, 800k for an LB10X, or 700k for an MRM40 it adds up for the newer player.

I'm all for more rewards, tho tbh if a newer player is struggling to have 5m cbills for the various aeapons, that player will have even bigger problems having the mechs to use them. Just buying one new mech to use on these challenges is 8-12m cbills easily.

The weapon costs aren't that egregious tbh, since you can work towards each one incrementally.

#59 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 09:33 AM

View Postarcana75, on 16 June 2019 - 12:37 AM, said:

tbh if a newer player is struggling to have 5m cbills for the various aeapons, that player will have even bigger problems having the mechs to use them.

Can't we use the Trial Mechs for this Event ?!

Usually PGI makes sure those will do the trick too! :)

#60 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 07:30 PM

View PostRoodkapje, on 16 June 2019 - 09:33 AM, said:

Can't we use the Trial Mechs for this Event ?!

Usually PGI makes sure those will do the trick too! Posted Image

If all the weapons listed are included in trials, then weapon and mech costs are moot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users