18 replies to this topic

#1 Mok______

• Pip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:44 AM

To PGI staff.

Is there a way to see exactly how much money I have spent on this game without tracking down emails?

Mech packs.
Tons of Credits ( mainly to get new colors and cockpit items ).
Lots of gifts to other players.
Mechwarrior 5.

It all adds up.

I really would like to know.

Thank you.

#2 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 13 June 2019 - 02:01 AM

https://mwomercs.com/profile/preorders

well not so simple almost spend 1h searching throug my mails.

result: 1437.4 $ - now I'm highly depressive

Edited by Karl Streiger, 13 June 2019 - 02:58 AM.

#3 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:10 AM

Yes, I also went through my e-mails to give me a number. I seem to recall it was $993usd which means only one thing... that Grinner on the Resistance Heroes page is $7 during the sale which would put me up to an even grand :D.

You can search through your e-mails for 'MechWarrior Online Receipt' to filter to the relevant e-mails.

#4 lovely-alfajores-0acb13

• Pip
  • The Moonwalker
  • The Moonwalker
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:33 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 13 June 2019 - 02:01 AM, said:

https://mwomercs.com/profile/preorders

well not so simple almost spend 1h searching throug my mails.

result: 1437.4 $ - now I'm highly depressive

Sounds about right. I played WoW for 7 years and spent well over $1200. I’d say that’s money well spent if you’ve been playing since launch.

#5 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:11 AM

Well it's the player's responsibility to track their spending, not PGI's.

#6 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:35 AM

View PostMok______, on 13 June 2019 - 01:44 AM, said:

how much money I have spent on this game?

Mechwarrior 5.

With what logic you can count MW5 as a spending to MWO?

View PostKarl Streiger, on 13 June 2019 - 02:01 AM, said:

+ https://mwomercs.com/profile/credits

but yeah for me:
- 80 founders
~ 300 to MC
~ 900 to mechs

played for ~80 months
16$ a month... not that expensive hobby IMO, got others that cost way more.

#7 N a p e s

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:06 AM

I'm at around 1020USD... so more than 1300CAD. That's not counting the 6 or 7 mechs that I gifted to others when the big gift thread from 2015 was popular.

Been around since January of 2013 though, so I feel like I've had my money's worth.

#8 Christophe Ivanov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 385 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:14 AM

From someone who used to play PONG when it first came out, I still find paying as you play not a good thing. My best games I have (and still own) are from the days when you bought the game and then got updates and sequels which I also paid for.

This gave the designers time to listen to the players, come up with new content and get things right with few updates unlike this game which in my opinion is nothing like it was just 2 years ago. Playability had gone down making me feel like I'm fighting in a mech that was made by amateurs with problems and issues you would not see on real combat mechs.

#9 GuardDogg

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:49 PM

Reason why I only spent about $80 on this. I knew this day was coming. This is not like the old days, going into a game store and paying for one boxed full package, and the whole software program is there. Majority of companies do this now, not only for gaming, but also for wordprossing (fonts), paintshop/photoshop (tubes, paint brushes/clipart). Like wtf and people fall for it. Just think in a decade from now, is your money well spent on this MWO, going to be around to play on?..... Nope! It is like someone selling a car, but only the body is free. You want to drive it? Got to pay for the wheels of your kind and if you want extra, the engine, stereo, steering wheel. It is how people fall for these now a days. It is a business. Fell sorry for those who pay for break downs later. Yeah, I payed into MWO, but I got my best of it. Like going into a store and paid for the full program. But those who spent over hundreds, thousands.....Yikes..Just a caution for future. I recall a driving game, I paid $10, I thought it was a full program. Then after installing the company wanted so much $$ a month, and then to pay for vehicles, extra. Laughable, for $10, got my refund. The driving game didn't even last a year. Actually the game died in two years. I didn't read the box, that you had to pay per month.

https://en.wikipedia...tor_City_Online

Now if MWO had 4 legged mechs.

Edited by GuardDogg, 13 June 2019 - 02:59 PM.

#10 Mumuharra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:20 PM

Well, I spent about 400 $ over 5 years but counting the time I had fun with MWO it was worth the money.
For example, Battletech was a great game for 50 $ but after I did the campaign 3 times the fun was over.
So MWO delivered for the cash. Point.

#11 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:22 PM

View PostGuardDogg, on 13 June 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

Reason why I only spent about $80 on this.

I have zero regrets spending a grand on MWO. PGI earned my money and I bought plenty of mechs I didn't need and they'll still get my money if a future mech release piques my interest.

It's like $150 a year which isn't that much for the hours I've played and I've got a job where I can afford the expense. When I go to a movie I spend $45 or so and that's for 2 to 3 hours of entertainment plus a meal.

#12 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:35 PM

I haven't looked it up but the game has given me countless hours of fun esp the two years the warpigs unit was alive and active going fw casually. There's only 19 of us left now which sucks.

#13 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 327 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York, USA

Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:41 PM

I would guess I have spent, including the MW5 preorder, around $350 on this game over several years and I do not feel bad about it.

Based on cumulative experience and avg experience per match I figure I have played 39.5 DAYS of MWO. Those are 24 hour days meaning my expenditure comes out to $0.36 per hour played.

I think that is reasonable.

#14 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 02:06 PM

I have no regrets on any money spent . A 7 dollar hero mech lasts much longer than a cinema ticket of the same price .

#15 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:02 PM

i estimate ive spent about $185 on mech packs and about $150 on mc, plus $50 for the mw5 preorder. but i had to go 2 different places in the profile to figure this out, and the cost was based on the going rate since no cash value is listed on either of those places, so i may have gotten some stuff on sale.

for the preorders i just summed up the going rate of $20 since i only bought standard packs, and a $40 origins pack and a bunch of alacarte hero mechs, most of which were lights at $10 a pop and one $25 ultraviolet (which was arguably the best thing i ever bought). though i had to avoid adding the mad2 because that was part of the mw5 preorder.

the mc was a little bit more tedious. as the mechwarrior credits page lists everything including prize winnings and bonus content (12 pages of it!). its fairly easy to find the cash purchases as they are often 1250+ mc. though when mc goes on sale it usually means slightly more mc and the price staying constant. its usually 20% so 1250 becomes 1500 and so on. there were a few other large payouts that were similar, but these are usually tagged as such. though there are a couple oddball amounts that i cant explain and am not sure if that was mc purchase or some kind of prize (like i have one thats 1560 mc).

you can also rummage through bank and credit card statements i suppose and that would give you better results. it would be nice if pgi would show you a dollar amount on how much you spent compared to what the average player spends. sure that falls under player responsibility, but wheres corporate responsibility? obfuscating this information or make it hard to determine is kind of a **** move and should be regarded as such. $385 is more than enough to spend on this game imho, paying for myself and four and a half freeloaders at the going rate for a crappy arena shooter. makes me long for the days where you pay once and get a whole game and could do whatever you wanted with it. short of mw5 dlc, if mw5 is worth buying dlc for, i think im done with pgi at this point.

worth it, meh, that's debatable. the ultraviolet was the best thing i bought. most of the other stand alone hero mechs were ok, though heroes often tend to be underperformers with the possible exception of the k9 and ultraviolet. the mechpacks less so, aside from the premium time and bonus content. it would have been better if the paid mechs all had at least some bonus (even if its just 10%) going for them to differentiate them from the cbill variants. unless you are specifically after the other stuff you are better off buying mc, converting it to mechbays (on sale of course), and putting cbill mechs in there. grind should have been significantly less with how much i payed in, 2x premium time and extra bonuses would have been nice.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 June 2019 - 03:14 PM.

#16 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:44 PM

I think i got off easy. I stopped spending money on this game around the $500 mark.

I dont regret spending money on the game. The only thing I regret is that PGI has failed to make me want to spend more money on their game.

Edited by Khobai, 13 June 2019 - 03:44 PM.

#17 Mok______

• Pip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:56 PM

View PostCurccu, on 13 June 2019 - 08:35 AM, said:

With what logic you can count MW5 as a spending to MWO?

Because I bought that to get the special mechs for this game. I bought a game that I did not want until it was released so I could determine if I would want it or not. But, I had to buy it in order to get the special mechs for this game.

So, I spent that money for MWO.

Edited by Mok______, 13 June 2019 - 03:57 PM.

#18 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:46 PM

View PostMok______, on 13 June 2019 - 03:56 PM, said:

Because I bought that to get the special mechs for this game. I bought a game that I did not want until it was released so I could determine if I would want it or not. But, I had to buy it in order to get the special mechs for this game.

So, I spent that money for MWO.

i figured that the mw5 pre order was worth it just for the mwo content alone. with the standard pack, you get $82 worth of mwo content (mad2, mc, premium time), without counting the 4 free mechs we got and you get mw5 as well. it was a deal too sweet to pass up. i count it as an mwo purchase for that reason.

#19 Gladiolix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 103 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 14 June 2019 - 05:18 AM

Around 360USD spent if you count the MW5 pack bought for it's MWO goods. No regrets, since I have ranked 2000-3000 hours in this game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users