#41 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 15 June 2019 - 06:47 PM

View PostRosh87, on 15 June 2019 - 02:51 PM, said:

Wow ! I love the behind-the-scenes rationale / formulations you (Dev Teams) use, in terms of how you translate things into MWO - very cool to hear snippets like this. Thanks Chris !

This is pretty good information and timely that I stumbled upon it because I was looking up the Dire Wolf on Sarna and I was kind of wondering why it has a speed of 54Kph in Sarna, but just over 48Kph (without Speed Tweek) in MWO.

#42 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 07:13 PM

View PostSteve Pryde, on 15 June 2019 - 12:41 PM, said:

You're very optimistic. PGI fu.cked up the hitboxes from the last two mechs and there is a big chance that this can happen again.

The geometry looks fine, the hardpoints are good, and the mobility is very good (which is basically a quirk, too), so I can understand PGI hesitating to give it better quirks. I don't think the Dervish will beat a Bushwacker or a Vapor Eagle, but it looks like it will be better than most 55t Mechs.
(And yes, I know, many 55t Mechs are criminally neglected by PGI).

This forum just likes to think in extremes: a Mech is either "DoA" or "OP". The Dervish will be neither. It will be serviceable, good enough for some rounds in QP, and enjoyable for the fans. That is more than I can say about my favourite medium Mech, the Griffin.

PS: the Steiner faction camo preview is missing!

_

Edited by FLG 01, 15 June 2019 - 07:19 PM.

#43 TorinZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:29 PM

Seeing the Dervish next to the Centurion reminds me how off the poor Centurion came out from the concept.
And if they could go back and redo the model and use the Dervish missile doors on the Cent. Missile racks never really looked that great after they redid them.

https://mwomercs.com...dpost__p__95617

#44 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:16 PM

View PostTorinZ, on 15 June 2019 - 08:29 PM, said:

Seeing the Dervish next to the Centurion reminds me how off the poor Centurion came out from the concept.
And if they could go back and redo the model and use the Dervish missile doors on the Cent. Missile racks never really looked that great after they redid them.

https://mwomercs.com...dpost__p__95617

The Centurion looks pretty good, in MWO, but is way too bulky, it looked better before the rescale.

#45 TorinZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 10:23 PM

Yeah, a little more lean is what I would have liked, but otherwise I would agree the design is the best Cent in MW games.

#46 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 16 June 2019 - 06:51 AM

Lot smaller than I would have expected, I don't see it replacing my Kintaro but it looks to be the IS take on the arctic wolf and with typically be run with a massive engine (340 or so) to take advantage of its size and help compensate for the lack of significant defensive quirks.

Edited by Xeno Phalcon, 16 June 2019 - 06:52 AM.

#47 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 16 June 2019 - 09:06 AM

Those scale screenshots are almost troll worthy, if I didn't know better I'd say PGI did it just to poke the people who complain each release that the comparisons aren't particularly useful.

#48 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 09:12 AM

Scaled like a 50 tonner which explains the lack of survival quirks... I hope you guys know how to torso twist.

People that buy mech packs expect good mechs, when they get average mechs, they become disappointed. Prepare for another month of fallout...

Edited by Nightbird, 16 June 2019 - 09:25 AM.

#49 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 16 June 2019 - 10:05 AM

View PostAvalon91211, on 14 June 2019 - 07:46 AM, said:

Seems all the woe is us, the game is dying, last mechpack BS has found a new home. Ok time for round two and I'm gonna start off blunt.

Get your heads out of your a$$es. If the game was dying it'd take longer then 6 months to shut it down, PGI can't just flick a switch next week and turn it off, they would lack a revenue stream to pay their employees and keep the company going until MW5 goes on sale, for one. Two, MW5 will probably succeed, maybe not 2 million copies in the first 48 hrs succeed, but it will succeed, turn a profit, and provide for MWO's future.

Three and the most pressing point of all, and this is directed at you NAVID, no this is not the last MWO mech. As Russ stated during the dev update, their is in fact another mechpack coming, just not right now. We will be getting mechpacks quarterly, that means ever 3 months, which translates to 4 mechpacks a year. He also said the community might get a say in which mechs get released. And if PGI is smart, they will do 4 mechs per pack, 1 of each weight class, to maximize profits. So you see, this is not the last MWO mech, its merely the last one until the next fiscal quarter, which is the fall. Russ stated that the next one will be special, so chances are we may see a mech the community has been wanting, or even an IS Omnimech or Quad, anything is possible.

Your optimism is commendable.

#50 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,185 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 16 June 2019 - 05:29 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 16 June 2019 - 10:05 AM, said:

Your optimism is commendable.

He's actually being a realist.

lot of you folks who THINK you are've been cynics for frigging years now. Hell, I'm pretty sure there's a few guys who frequent the forum that've been saying the same crap all the way back to closed beta.

#51 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 10:36 PM

the only useful comparison picture is the one with the Centurion. Every other image has the mechs out of plane with each other, rendering them useless.

If this is a troll attempt, good job, you succeeded.

#52 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 05:59 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 15 June 2019 - 09:16 PM, said:

The Centurion looks pretty good, in MWO, but is way too bulky, it looked better before the rescale.

I don't hate that the Centurion is W I D E in MWO (though I wouldn't mind it being slim like the concept art), but I will never forgive PGI for taking my missile bay doors away! Never! Unless they add them back, of course.

#53 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,185 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 17 June 2019 - 12:15 PM

View PostAncientRaig, on 17 June 2019 - 05:59 AM, said:

I don't hate that the Centurion is W I D E in MWO (though I wouldn't mind it being slim like the concept art), but I will never forgive PGI for taking my missile bay doors away! Never! Unless they add them back, of course.

this is why i just use my Yen-lo. it never had missile doors in the first place :D

#54 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:58 PM

Nice little detail with the missile doors - the variant with the 2 missile hardpoints in each side torso open up more panels of the doors compared to the ones with only a single hardpoint per side torso

#55 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 19 June 2019 - 12:04 PM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 18 June 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

Nice little detail with the missile doors - the variant with the 2 missile hardpoints in each side torso open up more panels of the doors compared to the ones with only a single hardpoint per side torso

Yup, that's why I have quad MRM10s in my DV-8D; it looks cool with the triple missile doors on each side.

Another cool thing is that if you put one missile in one torso and two in the other, each torso will open differently. The one with two missile weapons will completely open while the one with one weapon will only open the middle door.

#56 Davy J0nes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 139 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 04:47 AM

Did the Treb hit the gym?

#57 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 12:05 PM

View PostAncientRaig, on 17 June 2019 - 05:59 AM, said:

I am glad they removed the missile doors because that makes Centurions much better in Solaris, where a fraction of a second could make the difference between winning and losing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users