Trial Loadouts Need Upgrade Up-To-Tech

1 reply to this topic

#1 Strength Damage Cliff Racer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 11:24 AM

If you played this game for quite a while, you will have a lot of good memories looking at loadouts of trial mechs.
However, PGI introduced a lot of tech in one big package: Rotary Autocannons, Non-large ER lasers, SSRM4/6 for IS, Null Signature system and, last but far from being least Light Fusion Engines. Quite a few of them became big game-changers. But trial mechs stayed the same, never adjusted for all the toys. Big chunk of possibilities can't be tapped by new players at all till they grind their own mechs.

I don't really see the reason why said players should be kept in the dark, never witnessing the RAC/Stealth builds and tasting LFE engine, providing mix of extra arms and speed with no insta-death on loss of single torso.

TL;DR version: PGI, give us RAC/Stealth/LFE/ER/ laser/Heavy streak trial mechs.

#2 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:45 PM

I see your point of view. I guess though that the idea could be that new pilots typically get the bottom of the stock pile because factions/units want to sponsor bigger known pilots. However, the cadet bonus really helps make up for it. I dunno, just be rambling on a bit.........

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users