Advice For Getting A Friend Into The Game?

25 replies to this topic

#21 Vadhalla

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 02:22 AM

I'm always for fresh meat.

In all seriousness It's easy to say "read this", "do this" and "do that" but they won't get it until you do it aka "trial by fire" but it does help if you have a buddy which you can tag team (Join a clan! and yes co-operation group play is op)

Quick Play on MWO as every one know is kind of busted (Most matches are mostly lopsided, even more so when you keep recognizing the names on the other team). But the biggest issue the player pool is shrinking so good, bad and the stupid are effectively mixed in else you going to get longer match making games (Lets not talk about tier it has no meaning)

If they can get pass that and just enjoy the game, you definately got a buddy (Hint get a wolf pack group in Quick play and pick a target)

#22 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:45 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 23 June 2019 - 08:35 AM, said:

My advice is not to even waste your time. The "buddy" game is MW5 against braindead A.I., not MWO.

If you want social interaction join an existing unit and make new friends. There is no place for duos.

Well, having over 1000 games in WOWS COOP and 5000+ in Armored Warfare PVE, I can assure you, the players are just as braindead. Never mind my 4606 PVP games in WOT and like 8 years in various PVP shooters.....

For all their braindeadness, AI sure seem to spank the players pretty well.

#23 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,652 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 24 June 2019 - 06:32 PM

Have you gotten your friend to start the game yet? What has been done and what roadblocks have you two run into, and is he still playing?

#24 o0m9

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 04:55 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 24 June 2019 - 06:32 PM, said:

Have you gotten your friend to start the game yet? What has been done and what roadblocks have you two run into, and is he still playing?

His off day isn't until tomorrow, so we haven't had time. If the thread is still active by then I'll post an update on how things went.

#25 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,652 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 25 June 2019 - 02:36 PM

Active is subjective...:) Post Wednesday or Thursday, it will still be here :)

#26 scadateck

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 55 posts
  • LocationIn the NOC

Posted 26 June 2019 - 06:31 PM

Someone has to post the Tactics 101 comics...

https://mwomercs.com...ics-101-comics/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users