Hibernal Rift

5 replies to this topic

#1 Foxtwat

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 08:50 AM

There was no feedback topic for Hibernal Rift so I made this one. Sorry (not sorry) that I beat you to it Tina.

Hibernal Rift is a good reskin. It feels like a new map. With fine tuning it could be the next G.Plex.

Brightness adjustment was good. But it needs something else...

I suggest adding a Night version of H. Rift. I believe the playerbase would lose alot of its saltiness about this map if it were just a bit easier on the eyes and this adjustment is simple and would do that.

Please consider it PGI

#2 Pfuscher1

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 02:30 PM

Linebacker Cockpit invulnerable bug

There was an afk Linebacker today.
Gave him a 3xatm9 volley from range and he was yellow pretty much everywhere, including the head.
Shot him a few times in the torso, just to be save, if he maybe comes back. (6 c spl at ~100m range)
Shot him in the cockpit, no dmg. Strange.
Did it 3 more times, aiming new each time. No damage. At least I thought I would do torso dmg. But he got no dmg at all.
Killed him with torso hits.

#3 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:23 PM

View PostPfuscher1, on 05 August 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

Linebacker Cockpit invulnerable bug There was an afk Linebacker today. Gave him a 3xatm9 volley from range and he was yellow pretty much everywhere, including the head. Shot him a few times in the torso, just to be save, if he maybe comes back. (6 c spl at ~100m range) Shot him in the cockpit, no dmg. Strange. Did it 3 more times, aiming new each time. No damage. At least I thought I would do torso dmg. But he got no dmg at all. Killed him with torso hits.

A: Relevance to this thread?

B. Mechs that have disconnect are known to have wonky hit boxes, and often don't even seem to have a head hit box component. Never-connected mechs never seem to have a head hit box at all from my experience.

Not sure how you manage to damage the head, but if he was freshly disconnected, it may have wonked the head hit box after he was damaged there earlier in the match at some point.

#4 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 05 November 2019 - 04:25 AM

small like a solaris Arena and bright as Hell

#5 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 05 November 2019 - 06:36 AM

View PostMW Waldorf Statler, on 05 November 2019 - 04:25 AM, said:

small like a solaris Arena and bright as Hell

A way to reduce the brightness on the brighter maps (Polar Highlands, Alpine Peaks and Hibernal Rift primarily) is to actually zoom in by a single setting. It seems to cut down on the brightness when you do, but it will also limit your side views a little as well.

Another option on these maps for closer ranged engagements (500m or closer typically, which falls well with Hibernal) is to use thermal vision (H by default). This will limit your vision range and maybe some visual on terrain, but it should cut down on the map's brightness.

Since they adjusted the brightness of the map down some, I feel it's still bright without being too bright. Just like how a snow field looks where I live in the winter on a bright sunny day. Dynamic weather would be interesting on this map, with passing clouds to darken and then brighten the map over time...

#6 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 06 November 2019 - 11:35 AM

Yes ,most play the map in Thermal View , bad ist the limited range , otherside , im hate small cluastophobic Areas, with no place for tactical Movement...im never a arena warrior ;) im love Polar with his open field ,with many options for Tactics and Flanking from each position

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users