#181 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 17 July 2019 - 01:53 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 17 July 2019 - 12:20 AM, said:

It is different when a new player can look at his 11 other teammates and either win by getting carried or win by luck initially. In Solaris, when a newbie, speaking from experience, uses a trial Bushwhacker and goes up against a Banshee 1-vs-1, then Solaris isn't a mode they're going to visit anytime soon. Or ever.

Thats true, but things just don't add up ... IF there was a supposed influx of new players, then for each "veteran Banshee" a new player will play against in his trial Bushwacker he will meet the similar trial Bushwacker as his next opponent. And the more losses from Banshees he will take the more often he'll be meeting trial Bushwackers rather than Banshees.

I mean ... this is plain and simple an open PvP environment without any safezones. If a new player comes to PvP and expects to be winning right away, well ... the problem isn't the environment at all. Somehow if I decide to go and do a ladder in SC2 and end up playing against current world-top-50 player on a newly made barcode account I don't expect myself to have anything but my butt handled to me 5 mins into the match. But we aren't gonna argue that SC2 failed too, are we?

#182 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,873 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 17 July 2019 - 02:06 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 17 July 2019 - 01:53 AM, said:

I mean ... this is plain and simple an open PvP environment without any safezones. If a new player comes to PvP and expects to be winning right away, well ... the problem isn't the environment at all.

That concept of open PVP environment would work if the population was large, like say, the current Battle Royale games or how it was back in the days of Quake 3, UT, CS 1.6. It would also work if basic concepts like "Being-able-to-play-with-friends" was ingrained into the system in MWO. But it isn't. Even around 2013, there was a massive shift into how online multiplayer FPS games were being designed. It wasn't just "go there and kill someone". There was a beginning of a Buddy System, exp system, rewards, match making, etc., Does Solaris have a MM? Does Solaris help the new players gradually get exp or does it just chew them up and spit them out?

To make Solaris the way it was made and during the times when things were changing would only result in failure. Usually, the failure would take a while but after reading what's said about the population deterioration in MWO, it was rather fast due it the above problems. My reply was to yours asking how losing badly in Solaris is any different to QP. QP is different 'cause it isn't 1vs1.

#183 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 02:25 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 17 July 2019 - 02:06 AM, said:

That concept of open PVP environment would work if the population was large. Does Solaris have a MM? Does Solaris help the new players gradually get exp or does it just chew them up and spit them out?

To make Solaris the way it was made and during the times when things were changing would only result in failure. Usually, the failure would take a while but after reading what's said about the population deterioration in MWO, it was rather fast due it the above problems. My reply was to yours asking how losing badly in Solaris is any different to QP. QP is different 'cause it isn't 1vs1.

Solaris does have a MM. Even when its just me and 3 other people in the queue I know that I will always be matched against the better of them. And the thing is, when Solaris just came out its queues were actually populated and the whole PvP environment worked exactly like is was supposed to. Its just 90% of people weren't ready to face the reality, but is has nothing to do with Solaris.

And the only difference between being hopelessly outplayed in Solaris vs being hopelessly outplayed in QP is that the critical amount of losses that forces rage quit happens faster in Solaris because matches happen faster in Solaris. The only reason Solaris is hated that much by lots of people is because it leaves no room for excuses. If you lose in Solaris it is your fault and your fault only, and unlike QP everyone can actually see exactly how much you lose.

#184 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,873 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 17 July 2019 - 02:37 AM

Ok, well, I stand corrected then. Thanks.

#185 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 03:07 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 17 July 2019 - 02:25 AM, said:

Solaris does have a MM. Even when its just me and 3 other people in the queue I know that I will always be matched against the better of them. And the thing is, when Solaris just came out its queues were actually populated and the whole PvP environment worked exactly like is was supposed to. Its just 90% of people weren't ready to face the reality, but is has nothing to do with Solaris.

And the only difference between being hopelessly outplayed in Solaris vs being hopelessly outplayed in QP is that the critical amount of losses that forces rage quit happens faster in Solaris because matches happen faster in Solaris. The only reason Solaris is hated that much by lots of people is because it leaves no room for excuses. If you lose in Solaris it is your fault and your fault only, and unlike QP everyone can actually see exactly how much you lose.

the thing is: the MM in solaris doesn't follow a hard rule like "don't EVER match a %20 guy against a %95 guy".

in the wasteland that is solaris, they ARE dropping the "fresh install beginner" against the "top 10 last season" guy - and they do it over and over and over, until the beginner has enough and quits/uninstalls.
-the queues are -that- empty that this matchup happens all the time.

it is just bad implemented by pgi.
yes, it would work if the queues were full with 20+ people each, but it is not the case. and them not following any hard match-up rules is maybe the main reason for that.

i'm not arguing people and their egos. yes, a lot can't handle to lose over, and over again; it still is PGIs fault to not see that basic principle of human nature and do what ANY other game does: match folks according to some skill-o-meter.
nah, pgi are smarter than that...
and because of that, there's that billion people playing the successful s7 mode each day.. oh wait Posted Image

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 17 July 2019 - 03:14 AM.

#186 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 03:34 AM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 17 July 2019 - 03:07 AM, said:

the thing is: the MM in solaris doesn't follow a hard rule like "don't EVER match a %20 guy against a %95 guy".

in the wasteland that is solaris, they ARE dropping the "fresh install beginner" against the "top 10 last season" guy - and they do it over and over and over, until the beginner has enough and quits/uninstalls.
-the queues are -that- empty that this matchup happens all the time.

Right now, yes, sure. But it wasn't the case when Solaris just came out.

it is just bad implemented by pgi.
yes, it would work if the queues were full with 20+ people each, but it is not the case. and them not following any hard match-up rules is maybe the main reason for that.

So? What do you suggest? ... That 2000 elo guy wait for days before another 2000 elo guy shows up? Again, this is a PvP environment. There are no safe zones. Gitgud or gitrekt, its simple. If smb doesn't understand that then its his problem, not the problem of the environment. When there are several people in the queue they are matched properly. When there aren't, it is what it is and there is nothing you can do about it.

i'm not arguing people and their egos. yes, a lot can't handle to lose over, and over again; it still is PGIs fault to not see that basic principle of human nature and do what ANY other game does: match folks according to some skill-o-meter.
nah, pgi are smarter than that...

WTF? ... Again, Solaris MM DOES match people according to the skill-o-meter when there are people. It did match all those new players whom Solaris was supposedly advertised to at launch according to the skill-o-meter. But when there is no people, then no MM, nor ANY other game can do anything about it.

#187 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 03:36 AM

Its just 90% of people weren't ready to face the reality, but is has nothing to do with Solaris.

I think that there are a subset of people who couldn't handle not being competitive in Solaris. That doesn't really paint the whole picture though.

One thing, although a lot of people did indeed want Solaris, I never read any of them that wanted anything close to PGI's implementation and overall design of it. Good deal of people including myself, wanted 24 man free for all like MW4 had.

Then it is revealed and it's 1v1 and 2v2. Cool, I thought great scouting is a complete right off of a mode, finally there will be a place for fast dynamic light fights, right? Wrong we get these weird mixed weight divisions. Then it turns out the divisions all have very clear and hard meta with not much in the way of variety and interesting stuff. Not only then did the potato's make a mass exodus, a lot folks felt it was boring af left as well. As you know some of the top end guys are only playing the minimum matches required to get stuff and won't bother playing a bunch just to face a bunch of folks who won't do anything for their elo. If the mode was more interesting, more of those guys would do it for fun instead of just farming rewards cause they are good enough to do so.

The design also has little appeal as far as game play goes for a lot of people. Legging, NSRing, AC2 plinking... Add on top of that, you need set up mechs pretty much for Solaris only. Since I am a CW nerd and have mechs just for that already, I certainly wasn't going to invest any energy going through figuring out what was good and having a whole other subset of mechs for that.

Of coarse then, all the lore build enthusiasts, lurm aficionados, and other generally under performing groups of players have no where to really go in this implementation, especially in such a low pop game.

Edited by Feral Clown, 17 July 2019 - 03:38 AM.

#188 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 03:55 AM

Solaris is opaque at best to get into. I made the effort several times, before I realised there really was literally not a single other people in any of the queues. I gave up. I came back on the weekend when I could play in different time zones prime. I got wrecked by someone with thousands of Solaris matches. He followed me around a couple of divisions. I couldn't even see his loadout I was dying that fast.

I tried a third time.during one of the events. I made the effort of vaguely meta loadout. After a number of tries getting matches up against people with hundreds of matches, I got a handful of of matches against some dude with a lot more matches than me, but similar actual skill. Event completed, never looked back.

If the answer to why almost no one plays Solaris is we all just need to "git gud", well, yeah, you can keep your "good". I hate even accidentally clicking the button. I'd never voluntarily choose to put my 15 or so matches and non-meta loadout against the 3 people that turn up to farm scrubs like me for whatever it offers.

#189 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 04:16 AM

View PostFeral Clown, on 17 July 2019 - 03:36 AM, said:

One thing, although a lot of people did indeed want Solaris, I never read any of them that wanted anything close to PGI's implementation and overall design of it. Good deal of people including myself, wanted 24 man free for all like MW4 had.

And there was a good deal that wanted 1v1 and 2v2. And tbh its better to begin with because we all know how 24 man free for all would play out, i.e. everyone tryes to hide until everyone else is dead or nearly dead.

Then it is revealed and it's 1v1 and 2v2. Cool, I thought great scouting is a complete right off of a mode, finally there will be a place for fast dynamic light fights, right? Wrong we get these weird mixed weight divisions. Then it turns out the divisions all have very clear and hard meta with not much in the way of variety and interesting stuff.

And you think there would have been variety if all lights were in the same division? ... Oh please. Mechs aren't born equal and there will always be specific meta for specific task like Solaris matches. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way a fan of PGI's dumb arbitrary divisions, but there simply has to be some sort of separation among mechs so that more mechs overall are viable for something. And it has to be balanced vs the amount of "buckits", because too many "buckits" means too few people queueing up in each.

Not only then did the potato's make a mass exodus, a lot folks felt it was boring af left as well. As you know some of the top end guys are only playing the minimum matches required to get stuff and won't bother playing a bunch just to face a bunch of folks who won't do anything for their elo. If the mode was more interesting, more of those guys would do it for fun instead of just farming rewards cause they are good enough to do so.

This is true, but how do you make it "interesting"? ... Its been discussed over and over among us here on the forum and there is no clear solution. Everything gets repetitive at some point. And there are still plenty guys who play Solaris exclusively and play way way more than 25 minimum required matches, and regardless of being good/bad at it.

I mean, I'm playing this game for 7 years or so. It is ALL boring to me, regardless of any kind of modes, events and whatnot. The only "interest" that any kind of game can offer in long perspective is the interest of self-improvement. But when 90% of player population can't be bothered with self-improvement then they won't stay in the game for long regardless of how "interesting" it might be. And quite frankly no game in the world can give you even a year worth of different content.

The design also has little appeal as far as game play goes for a lot of people. Legging, NSRing, AC2 plinking... Add on top of that, you need set up mechs pretty much for Solaris only. Since I am a CW nerd and have mechs just for that already, I certainly wasn't going to invest any energy going through figuring out what was good and having a whole other subset of mechs for that.

Sorry, but this is laughable. For bads there is ALWAYS something wrong with how OTHER guy playes the game. Always. There is nothing wrong with leggig, AC2'ing, ATM'ing, Lurming and whatever else you can think of. And there is always a counter to each. As for building mech ... how is creating more variety in mech builds compared to your regular QP meta a bad thing? Listen to yourself ... "I can't be bothered to mechlab but I still wanna win in Solaris" ... just LOL. It takes like 1 min to rebuild a mech from FP mode to Solaris mode. You don't even need to do anything anymore, just copy-paste loadout and skilltree. But nooooooo, we can't be bothered ... jeez.

Of coarse then, all the lore build enthusiasts, lurm aficionados, and other generally under performing groups of players have no where to really go in this implementation, especially in such a low pop game.

What do you mean nowhere to go? ... They can still play Solaris and any other game mode. It is their choice to bring whatever builds they want and if they play for "fun", "lore", "honor" or whatnot instead of playing for the win, then why the hell a gamemode should guarantee them any wins?

I keep repeating this over the years ... IF your "lore" type player population is any noticable % then surely there is no trouble finding such like-minded people, gathering them up in a private lobby and doing whatever "lore" shenenegans you dream of there. The fact that this doesn't happen, and instead "lore" players spend much more effort whining here on the forum, kinda says it all.

Its not "lore" crowd, its actually just bads trying to excuse their inability to mechlab or inability to figure out how to play different builds and strats. Plain and simple. And no, very special snowflakes, you are not gonna get anything for just showing up.

#190 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 04:23 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 17 July 2019 - 03:55 AM, said:

If the answer to why almost no one plays Solaris is we all just need to "git gud", well, yeah, you can keep your "good".

Do you have to gitgud to play it? ... No, you still played it, didn't you? ... Do you have to gitgud to constantly win there? ... Why, yes! It is as it should be.

#191 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 04:31 AM

dude, I get where you come from.
I can even symphatise.

but:
when you do a mode for the ultra-competative, you shouldn't be surprised that THE REST has no fun there and hence stays the heck away. which was the direct prelude to the wasteland we got there.

it's not about the terribads who can't handle a beating; it's about the casual masses that don't wanna lose EVERY SINGLE MATCH they get dropped into.
there is (was?) A LOT of people dropping in "bad (solaris) mechs", and you just hand them their asses over, and over, and over.
and I honestly feel bad about it. heck, even when dropping in fun-mechs, with 0 skillpoints, you can run miles around them all, before delivering the mercy-kill. and I'm _far_ from the best to do that.

yes, we can ofc go with your attitude of "git gud" and blame the casuals for being so dumb to drop into a non-casual mode. or we could blame pgi for catering an entire playmode to the top 5%, while souring it to the other 95%. entirely up to you.

in my personal opinion, it is/was a terrible waste of recources to invest into a mode that 95% of your customers are gonna hate.

other games (read: the rest of the world) are smarter than that and separate people with hard barriers, but pgi just. knows. better.

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 17 July 2019 - 04:33 AM.

#192 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 17 July 2019 - 05:19 AM

when has pgi ever implemented their version of some thing in mwo and have most of mwo community like it? Escort vip ai atlas? Long tom any one? FP? Snore-laris? They are good at train wrecking. Their entire pre-mwo work shows how good.

#193 Azhrael

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 05:58 AM

This is going to be a long rant, apologies in advance.

View PostJediPanther, on 17 July 2019 - 05:19 AM, said:

when has pgi ever implemented their version of some thing in mwo and have most of mwo community like it? Escort vip ai atlas? Long tom any one? FP? Snore-laris? They are good at train wrecking. Their entire pre-mwo work shows how good.

Sadly this is mostly the case. Although most of us just cant help but try our best to " help " sharing our opinions and voices about what we would like or not, PGI have been always deaf and mute to the community.

Now i come straight back from the Pre-order thread for MW5, and it "looks like " what i was hoping for when i helped found MWO...did you guys saw it?

They are including like 50k MC and chassis for MWO...and i dont know if its just insulting at this point. Whats the idea?

Old players like me already have what we want after like 7 years of the game, and there's little new added to buy. Why would i help?

New players will get enough to buy almost everything they could possibly want, but for a game arguably dying with no official voices trying to deny it...there is just no value on that. If they are half smart, why would they jump in? Its like pay to win with no actual opponents.

There are no physical goodies to cater for the odd collector, the MW5 Web is deserted and the few things it has are detrimental : Poor quality UI screenshots, fancy vistas, some art, and little more. Not a good image for a mildly curious casual gamer.

When you consider all of these facts, no matter if you are good, bad, salty, whiny or whatever label you prefer...if you are a Player, a Gamer, the conclusion is only one:

Screw this until PGI wakes up.

PS : When most of us find more fun arguing on the forums than playing the game....lol

Edited by Azhrael, 17 July 2019 - 06:14 AM.

#194 Marquis De Lafayette

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 17 July 2019 - 06:22 AM

One add on to what is being said about the failings of Solaris was how they handled the first season of rewards. Where it was basically better to get 249th than like 11th. As the GXP payouts were relatively huge for those who didn’t make the top 100, but the MC rewards got small once you got outside the top 10. PGI’s heart might have been in the right place as they said it was so less experienced players could skill their mechs (so they could compete better), but their brain wasn’t.....in that it did them no favors with those who were “good, but not elite” Solaris players. That has been remedied, but it did diminish confidence in the idea that the effort required to be good at solaris would pay off and that cost the mode some players as well.

Plus isn’t the ELO set to make the most equal matchups first? So for example....if the queue was 4 deep and one player had a super-high ELO, one a super-low ELO and 2 middle of the road (but nearly equal ELO’s) the two middle guys get paired and the high and low guy get paired. I think that is how it was set up to work, but can’t remember for sure....so i might well be wrong on that.

#195 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 06:23 AM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 17 July 2019 - 04:31 AM, said:

when you do a mode for the ultra-competative, you shouldn't be surprised that THE REST has no fun there and hence stays the heck away. which was the direct prelude to the wasteland we got there.

it's not about the terribads who can't handle a beating; it's about the casual masses that don't wanna lose EVERY SINGLE MATCH they get dropped into.

And again ...The thing is, it was the casual masses who were asking for this mode. They did so without realizing what it'll actually mean for them because their wishes were based on the wrong perception of their own skill. The ultra-competitive crowd wasn't asking for Solaris because we already had our own player-run leagues and tournaments and whatnot, and unlike Solaris, those are actually team-oriented (a shock, in a supposedly team-based game, I know).

Also you somehow seem to be missing the point over and over. When there were masses of casual players at Solaris launch, they simply couldn't all lose every single match in a row, because the number of elite ultra-competitive players is surely less than the casual mass, and hence for every drop vs a really good player, each casual will do about a dozen more vs exact same casuals.

yes, we can ofc go with your attitude of "git gud" and blame the casuals for being so dumb to drop into a non-casual mode. or we could blame pgi for catering an entire playmode to the top 5%, while souring it to the other 95%. entirely up to you.

Oh please, PGI catering to top players ... This joke stopped being funny about 5 years ago.

in my personal opinion, it is/was a terrible waste of recources to invest into a mode that 95% of your customers are gonna hate.

Its a thinking person shooter, is it not? ... Its a shame 95% of people on Earth having hard time thinking in the first place. So pretty much everything intelligent is a terrible waste of resources.

other games (read: the rest of the world) are smarter than that and separate people with hard barriers, but pgi just. knows. better.

LOL ... hard barriers? ... Nobody forces anyone into Solaris. Any player can play any gamemode he wants. Again, all the hate is coming from the fact that bads can't win any goodies in Solaris or even pad their stats there by exploiting their teammates. Of course they "hate" the gamemode.

#196 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 06:50 AM

Catering to the casuals means crafting experiences that they enjoy, neither Solaris nor comp does that. PGI spent most of their resources the last 3 years catering to less than 5% of the players, it's a failure of a company to do so. They could have spend 10k $ per year sponsoring player run events from 1v1 to 8v8 and had the same effect, and dedicated the rest of that wasted budget to delivering promised content and implementing mechanics that allow the average pug to have a good time = spend money to support the game.

Edited by Nightbird, 17 July 2019 - 06:52 AM.

#197 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 06:52 AM

dude - whatever.
you're right, I'm wrong, and I leave it at that.

hf in solaris with the countless other folks, having great matches ;)

#198 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:18 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 17 July 2019 - 04:23 AM, said:

Do you have to gitgud to play it? ... No, you still played it, didn't you? ... Do you have to gitgud to constantly win there? ... Why, yes! It is as it should be.

A deserted wasteland, that even though they changed the name of the whole game to include it, is played by a fraction of a percent of players? Okay...

#199 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:16 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 17 July 2019 - 04:16 AM, said:

And there was a good deal that wanted 1v1 and 2v2. And tbh its better to begin with because we all know how 24 man free for all would play out, i.e. everyone tryes to hide until everyone else is dead or nearly dead.

And you think there would have been variety if all lights were in the same division? ... Oh please. Mechs aren't born equal and there will always be specific meta for specific task like Solaris matches. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way a fan of PGI's dumb arbitrary divisions, but there simply has to be some sort of separation among mechs so that more mechs overall are viable for something. And it has to be balanced vs the amount of "buckits", because too many "buckits" means too few people queueing up in each.

This is true, but how do you make it "interesting"? ... Its been discussed over and over among us here on the forum and there is no clear solution. Everything gets repetitive at some point. And there are still plenty guys who play Solaris exclusively and play way way more than 25 minimum required matches, and regardless of being good/bad at it.

I mean, I'm playing this game for 7 years or so. It is ALL boring to me, regardless of any kind of modes, events and whatnot. The only "interest" that any kind of game can offer in long perspective is the interest of self-improvement. But when 90% of player population can't be bothered with self-improvement then they won't stay in the game for long regardless of how "interesting" it might be. And quite frankly no game in the world can give you even a year worth of different content.

Sorry, but this is laughable. For bads there is ALWAYS something wrong with how OTHER guy playes the game. Always. There is nothing wrong with leggig, AC2'ing, ATM'ing, Lurming and whatever else you can think of. And there is always a counter to each. As for building mech ... how is creating more variety in mech builds compared to your regular QP meta a bad thing? Listen to yourself ... "I can't be bothered to mechlab but I still wanna win in Solaris" ... just LOL. It takes like 1 min to rebuild a mech from FP mode to Solaris mode. You don't even need to do anything anymore, just copy-paste loadout and skilltree. But nooooooo, we can't be bothered ... jeez.

What do you mean nowhere to go? ... They can still play Solaris and any other game mode. It is their choice to bring whatever builds they want and if they play for "fun", "lore", "honor" or whatnot instead of playing for the win, then why the hell a gamemode should guarantee them any wins?

I keep repeating this over the years ... IF your "lore" type player population is any noticable % then surely there is no trouble finding such like-minded people, gathering them up in a private lobby and doing whatever "lore" shenenegans you dream of there. The fact that this doesn't happen, and instead "lore" players spend much more effort whining here on the forum, kinda says it all.

Its not "lore" crowd, its actually just bads trying to excuse their inability to mechlab or inability to figure out how to play different builds and strats. Plain and simple. And no, very special snowflakes, you are not gonna get anything for just showing up.

I appreciate what you are saying but I am not quite sure you took it the way I intended. More I am pointing out that there are more reason than 'it's the baddies'.

As far as a light division not having a real diversity, I don't disagree at all. My point is there is no where in the game where hot light on light action is really promoted. I watch comp, I don't play it. Even see you play so I know I am actually talking to someone with infinite more experience in this area. Watching comp however, I have got to see light battles with guys like Queenblade and Celyth to name a couple. Personally wished that there was a place for pure light, fast, dynamic light fights. As I said scouting is a total right off bring four on four medium low skill nsr'ing. Also working out with a Div B team from one of the leagues earlier this year I participated in private lobby light battles and loved it. Think this game should have had some spot where more of this could happen is all. Think there'd be a lot of light pilots that would have enjoyed a pure mode to battle in, instead of the rare time it happens in quick play. Lights being a counter to slow or isolated assaults is great, just wanted more.

Then the playstyle, thing sure. Some people like brawling, and legging is at times very effective and zero doubt to its legitimacy. It's appeal however is not for everyone playing. I am one of those players. Either I am in lights or even more frequently fast mediums skirmishing, or I am in bigger mechs trading. I am very, very familiar with Solaris and have seen hundreds of matches cause Dionnsai is my broski and I hang out with him all the time when he is strimmin. He's bugged me to play but I am just not interested, but I do possess enough knowledge and have at least solid enough skill set that I have little doubt I wouldn't be terrible at it. Considering my quick play accounts put me in the 98/97th percentile, I couldn't see myself dropping below 60 or 70 at the very worst and am sure I could get some help improving and do wellish. I play with a bunch of dudes like me all the time that are in the same boat. We're not afraid, just it doesn't have a real draw for us.

Also won't debate you about your lore crowd comments. I agree it's generally weaksauce excuse. Excuse or not, these dudes are out there and are not going to risk running their nonsense when they know they'll get owned. They'll continue to mix in and be useless without any spotlight shining a light on how terrible their approach to the game is.

So yeah, even though I could easily get build codes from a bunch of discords, I can't be bothered. I can't be bothered to set up those mechs. Oh and I have them all, and I have over a billion space bucks to it with, 39 free mechbays, 9000 general skill points left from the skillmaze drop, 3 000 000gxp... If I were to do it, honestly I'd buy duplicates and set up permanent for that purpose only (seen my dudes accidentally drop Solaris mechs in cw and it's kinda funny). It just doesn't have any appeal. And while I am undoubtedly not as good at the game as you are, I doubt too many would call me a baddie.

So back to my point, I am not really trying to debate you outside from saying it's not just bad players that are not interested and there are piles of reasons why it didn't work. As well I'd point out the timing also seemed kinda off to me and probably would have had more success if introduced earlier on, but that's just me speculating.

#200 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 03:14 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 17 July 2019 - 07:18 PM, said:

A deserted wasteland, that even though they changed the name of the whole game to include it, is played by a fraction of a percent of players? Okay...

1455 players qualified for minimal 25 Solaris matches last season. And ~21.000 players registered playing the game at all at the same time. That is ~7% of the total population. So please, spread your lies somewhere else.

Edited by PhoenixFire55, 18 July 2019 - 03:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users