Game Searching..........

20 replies to this topic

#1 Davy J0nes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:53 AM

Trying to get some friends into the game, no joke cant get a game seem to only be able to drop solo but once you group with 2-3 impossible to get a game.

#2 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:01 AM

Yup. Group Q is pretty empty outside of NA primetime.

#3 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:32 AM

Been saying it forever. Can't play with friends that are new. That has probably done more to hurt the game's growth than anything else. But hey, E-sport, amirite?

#4 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:36 AM

View PostRoughneck45, on 11 July 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

Yup. Group Q is pretty empty outside of NA primetime.

had 8 pilots from my unit yesterday in NA Primetime .. couldn't find a match at all in group Q. We sink dropped like 3 times in solo Q then everyone went off and played different games. Its a real shame.

#5 Davy J0nes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:46 AM

View PostMechaBattler, on 11 July 2019 - 10:32 AM, said:

Been saying it forever. Can't play with friends that are new. That has probably done more to hurt the game's growth than anything else. But hey, E-sport, amirite?

this is it - my friends now most likely wont give the game a shot now after this.

and to be fair I cant blame them its a joke, the game is how old now and you cant even play with friends?
You have solo drops tho right...?

..bla sorry of the rant just sucks.

#6 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:53 AM

It's completely understandable. It's annoying that over the years I've seen threads just like this on a regular basis. And yet they were summarily ignored. PGI didn't think it was a priority enough to address this. And now the game is pretty much in maintenance mode.

The only thing I could suggest to you would be find a bigger group to play with your friends. Queue during NA primetime. Maybe see if Scouting in FP is still active? Though you'd need four people for that.

Edited by MechaBattler, 11 July 2019 - 10:53 AM.

#7 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:02 AM

It was more the crybabies that hated being beaten by teamwork they refused to do. Hence solo Q.

#8 OldSchoolCav

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 87 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:18 AM

Group Queue is really rough for new players because even if grouped there is no matchmaker, so you are likely to face players with a large skill differential. Mercstar (MS) is putting on a Faction Play LFG night, where we will be running pre-made 12 man groups consisting of at most 6 FP veterans and the rest new players. We only ask that you join our comms on teamspeak and that you aren't a ****. Feel free to drop by, the first one is July 17. Here is the linked forum post with more details: https://mwomercs.com...-fp-lfg-nights/

#9 Vincent DIFrancesco

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 167 posts
  • LocationHiding behind a rock, waiting for the "rain" to stop.

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:19 AM

Honestly, if I were coding this beast I'd just put two man groups into solo queue. It's not as if two people are going to stem the tide of QP silliness to the point of skewing the teams.

#10 Davy J0nes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:36 AM

Its just pug drops tho rank shouldn't matter... how about let people play the game.

#11 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 11 July 2019 - 12:34 PM

View PostVincent DIFrancesco, on 11 July 2019 - 11:19 AM, said:

It's not as if two people are going to stem the tide of QP silliness to the point of skewing the teams.

They can, which is why they don't allow it.

However, I fully support a single Q for group and solo now, the population is too low.

#12 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 11 July 2019 - 12:39 PM

Long ago I once tried getting my brother's kid into the game whith him being around 12 years old at the time. He did the tutorial (lol) and promptly died in a locust in solo q a few minutes later. My brother refuses to play the game as there are no story of any kind and you can't really co-op with family or friends.

This game has too many problems to get people who know nothing about it to play for any length of time to even remotely get into tier 4 or 3.

At least with mw5 we should have the co-op but we'll see. pgi gona pgi.

#13 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 01:05 PM

It would help recruit new players if you couldbring friends into qp. Hell i couldn't gdt one frind in a qp group the other day. I don't evenknow ifi can. Some tutorials would be nice too. Not everybody has been playing since 2012... Yoy want new players? Make the interface and queing more user friendly.

#14 Vorpal Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 04:18 PM

A forced mixing of the queues is not going to work. I play solo queue mostly. The majority of the folks in there dont want to be part of a team - they are doing their own thing. You start letting coordinate groups in and they will simply quit, and you will kill the only viable game mode left.
The change that needs to be made to help group queue is to allow those of us solo droppers who are willing to be used to fill out teams in either solo or group queue. I have limited playing time. I just want to get to shooting robots as quickly as possible. Put a financial incentive on checking the box to play either queue (maybe 25% more Cbills) and you will get some takers.

#15 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:12 PM

The lack of any viable skill based match maker in QP and no interest on PGI to correct that, combined with dwindling populations (I'm a Tier 1 on both accounts and I've solo queue sync dropped with friends who are tier 5 in recent weeks, during NA prime time) its probably high time to just do a randomized team selection of everyone in the solo queue regardless of tier, just so long as each side has the same # of each weight class of mechs.

#16 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,790 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:56 PM

an esport that cant generate enough income to fly the best players to mechcon.

#17 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:05 PM

What does EOL even have to do with E-sports?

What has PGI done to cater to E-sports other than hosting a world tournament a handful of times?

#18 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:11 PM

View PostDavy J0nes, on 11 July 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

Trying to get some friends into the game, no joke cant get a game seem to only be able to drop solo but once you group with 2-3 impossible to get a game.

It's been like that for a while..

Group Que is impossible to get a match in unless the group is 6+, and even with a 12-man, it takes a while, and then when you do get a match, it's usually a big stompy group on the other side..

#19 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:13 PM

You'd have more people to play with if you didn't insult anyone suggesting you ton out of that assault mech.

Edited by Prototelis, 11 July 2019 - 11:13 PM.

#20 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 12:04 PM

Merge the buckets and then mm like new faction, that trys to build same size premades.No group games means no long time fun.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 12 July 2019 - 12:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users