What New Mech Is Going To Be Released?

77 replies to this topic

#21 Rosh87

• PipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 01:21 PM

Yeah - the amount of dreary over-despondent people in regards to the game's future is mildly amusing, to a newish player like myself (started in earnest in early April, of this year). Posted Image

I recall someone in a match just a few days ago saying "Might as well enjoy it while you can - this game is ending real soon".

To which some people were like "wait, really ? When, next week or something ?"

-----

The guy didn't have any clue, of course - and AT WORST we've heard from them that it would be End of this Year...meaning 5-Months from now, that we'd still be able to play the game, etc. So the idea that "this game is ending real soon" - even under that extreme / worst scenario, you'd still get nearly 1/2 a year of more fun with MWO.

I'm strongly with TTB and a few other big gamers / promoters of the product, in saying that I'll keep playing it happily, till the day the Servers literally are turned off for the last time. No reason to be overly fatalistic at this point though - with months (at least) to still enjoy things // Just my IMHO

#22 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 01:22 PM

if they ever introduce a new mech

I don't know it's name, but I have an idea of its quirk: right leg is slightly longer than the left leg.
just so that running in circles is easier for everybody:

Posted Image

#23 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 13 July 2019 - 03:33 PM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 13 July 2019 - 08:38 AM, said:

Prediction: Next release will be a 4-pack of Inner Sphere Omnimechs.

Raptor
Men Shen
Black Hawk-KU
Sunder

Well... THAT would be the ace in their card deck. A last ditch content release with IS omnis and even new tech additions could slingshot MWO into some degree of real relevance until MW5 release. I on the other hand ITCH to start the beta soon..
Also I agree on those mechs choosen, except... Sunder?? I would say Hauptmann instead, time will tell.. Templar would be nice, but Sunder more propable.

#24 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 03:45 PM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 13 July 2019 - 08:38 AM, said:

Prediction: Next release will be a 4-pack of Inner Sphere Omnimechs.

Raptor
Men Shen
Black Hawk-KU
Sunder

I'd still prefer a Templar over a Sunder, but even the Hauptmann could be good. The Light/Medium/Heavy choices are clear winners, however

#25 Davy J0nes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 139 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 07:31 AM

Release the Brigand please.

#26 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,949 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 14 July 2019 - 06:37 PM

View PostDavy J0nes, on 14 July 2019 - 07:31 AM, said:

Release the Brigand please.

Nexus would be better because it's not yet 3065 and it would be a better choice for players.

#27 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 07:05 AM

View PostArmored Yokai, on 14 July 2019 - 06:37 PM, said:

Nexus would be better because it's not yet 3065 and it would be a better choice for players.

First, the game is set in the FCCW-era. Nobody cares about the '3058'-thing, not even PGI who frequently release Mechs from the 60ies. Also, we have all the weapons of the FCCW-era, including the HPPC which was introduced in 3067.

Second, the Nexus is a good Mech. Unfortunately, only one variant comes without the iC3 which is integral to this Mech's design. It is rather pointless to release Mech centered on a piece of equipment which we don't have in MWO. Also, I doubt it would be better than the Brigand anyway. Geometry and hardpoint distribution give the Brigand a slight advantage.

I discussed this a lot with TheArisen and we both like the Nexus. In fact, we would love to see a Jackrabbit/Nexus pack, but the Brigand is just the overall better package.

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 13 July 2019 - 11:02 AM, said:

Releasing mechs which the community can easily forecast as mediocre to trash has certainly been an interesting business strategy.

However, there are those in the community who will ignore all the flaws and weaknesses of a Mech, telling you how PGI will quirk them properly. Of course, those people also ignore the empircal evidence of hundreds of Mechs and their quirks, pointing to the UrbanMech instead.

Also, many are plain incapable of analysing the potential of a Mech. I remember too well how people told me the Hellspawn would be great, ECM and all...
(The Hero is actually a solid laserboat but the PXH-2 does the same and better).

View PostJackal Noble, on 13 July 2019 - 11:44 AM, said:

Well let's see, from that list the trashiest to mediocre would be as follows;

Incubus
WHIIC
Hellspawn
Hellfire
Corsair
Marauder II

The Black Lanner did not make the list? Posted Image

#28 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 09:53 AM

They should just ignore some of the 'mech scaling' stuff. Try to actually make the hitboxes good. But judging by recent patch notes. They're not even making an effort to improve on existing designs. So, yeah...

#29 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 15 July 2019 - 01:00 PM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 13 July 2019 - 01:22 PM, said:

if they ever introduce a new mech

I don't know it's name, but I have an idea of its quirk: right leg is slightly longer than the left leg.
just so that running in circles is easier for everybody:

Posted Image

Great idea TMNU, however far to difficult. We have to give props to mech designers, they do great work. Sure, not every mech is not the exact same as we remember from decades past, but damn, they do good work. They move and look great!

To achieve what you want we should go about it slightly differently. Make it so when you press A to turn left, your turn quickly. When you press D to turn right you actually turn left too. Make it easy on the mech designers and the [Redacted]. Now they can only go forward and back for peek a boo and only turn left for nascar.

Posted Image

Edited by draiocht, 16 July 2019 - 06:36 AM.
inappropriate language

#30 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 15 July 2019 - 01:21 PM

View PostReposter, on 12 July 2019 - 07:34 AM, said:

Hi guys, just wondering what Mech is going to be released in August 2019?

I'm still expecting the PGI Original Clan Battlemech to make an appearance......

#31 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 15 July 2019 - 01:40 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 15 July 2019 - 07:05 AM, said:

Also, many are plain incapable of analysing the potential of a Mech. I remember too well how people told me the Hellspawn would be great, ECM and all...
(The Hero is actually a solid laserboat but the PXH-2 does the same and better).

The Hellspawn actually was looking decent, right up until we found out that the missile boxes on the arms remained even if the hardpoints were empty. It immediately flew into the DOA bin.

Nice completely unnecessary sabotage by Chris and Paul.

#32 Foxwalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 962 posts
  • LocationLost on Thunder Rift

Posted 16 July 2019 - 10:19 AM

View PostBlaizerP, on 12 July 2019 - 07:53 AM, said:

No more new mechs pal.

I would hope that would not be true. Since anyone that invested in MW5 got a bunch of MC for MWO. So you have just cashed out from the Confederacy. Here is your 10,000 dollars in Confederate money.

#33 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 10:22 AM

View PostFoxwalker, on 16 July 2019 - 10:19 AM, said:

I would hope that would not be true. Since anyone that invested in MW5 got a bunch of MC for MWO. So you have just cashed out from the Confederacy. Here is your 10,000 dollars in Confederate money.

At this point I hope I am hoping there putting extra effort in to finishing MW5 and if that's what they are up too I am fine with no new mechs right now.

#34 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 10:46 AM

View PostSirSmokes, on 16 July 2019 - 10:22 AM, said:

At this point I hope I am hoping there putting extra effort .."

dude.. how do I put this ..

you have seen how they work, right? Posted Image

#35 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:32 AM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 16 July 2019 - 10:46 AM, said:

dude.. how do I put this ..

you have seen how they work, right? Posted Image

Do you see the legendary founders next to my name yea I know note the word hope!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hope

#36 Vincent DIFrancesco

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 167 posts
  • LocationHiding behind a rock, waiting for the "rain" to stop.

Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:41 AM

Urbanmech IIc :D

Knowing my luck, though, they'd make it an omnimech. :P

#37 ackstorm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 164 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 29 July 2019 - 03:24 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 13 July 2019 - 12:25 PM, said:

I think we all worry to much
its now obvious they needed to move people over to meet the MW5
deadline

once MW5 gets released new Mechs will come out again

Yep, plenty of new mechs coming for MW5 Online.

FYI - You'll need to buy MW5 in order to get the MW5 Online DLC.

#38 Ilfi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 03:31 PM

I can't remember the last Mech release that was actually worth the money... maybe the Vapor Eagle ATM yeet-machine, or the Piranha to feast on potatoes, or the Clan+IS tech enhancement patch. At least 85% of everything else was hot garbage.

As others have said, the game's in maintenance mode. Don't expect improvements in the foreseeable future, or ever.

#39 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 11:56 PM

new mechs will prolly go back into development around late winter or spring.. Basically when MW5 lands and PGI needs monies when they dont get the expected sales due to the EPIC dumpster fire and their history with the community..

#40 Palor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 372 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationManitowoc WI

Posted 30 July 2019 - 09:10 AM

I really hope to see the Crusader before PGI goes belly up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users