77 replies to this topic

#61 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 05:46 PM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 01 August 2019 - 09:33 AM, said:

I did a post about one mech here.
I'll see about putting something together for the topic in general when I find some time for it.

IS omni's my dude.

Probably the only thing that would bring in the numbers you'd need to make it worth your while.

If it were possible or set up I'd pledge money to get it going, a non refundable but counting towards a preorder sort of deal. Bet others would too if you had some sort of community fund raiser to get us interesting stuff like IS omni.

#62 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 01 August 2019 - 06:24 PM

Pgi could do fully flying and transforming stinger/wasp lams in mwo and I wouldn't pre-order,kick balls or crowd surff or whatever. The day of them being patched into the live game I'd go find some you tube videos of them and decide if it would be worth a burger or just wait six plus months and c-bill them.

#63 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 07:25 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 01 August 2019 - 06:24 PM, said:

Pgi could do fully flying and transforming stinger/wasp lams in mwo and I wouldn't pre-order,kick balls or crowd surff or whatever. The day of them being patched into the live game I'd go find some you tube videos of them and decide if it would be worth a burger or just wait six plus months and c-bill them.

That would be a balancing nightmare. Imagine with the yaw we have now, mechs flying overhead that could shoot you but you could not shoot back. I can imagine just how cancerous a flying Veagle would be as well.

Willing to bet there would be issues with how the maps were designed, like on crimson the high perch they made off limits (which I disagree with them doing at all) would probably be able to be hovered over, but then what?

#64 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 02 August 2019 - 01:16 PM

View PostFeral Clown, on 01 August 2019 - 07:25 PM, said:

That would be a balancing nightmare. Imagine with the yaw we have now, mechs flying overhead that could shoot you but you could not shoot back. I can imagine just how cancerous a flying Veagle would be as well.

Willing to bet there would be issues with how the maps were designed, like on crimson the high perch they made off limits (which I disagree with them doing at all) would probably be able to be hovered over, but then what?

People would have to learn things like:
1. Arm lock
2. Aiming
3. Team work
4. Using more than torso mounted weapon hard points

Pgi is dam good at making crapy mech hard point locations so even if they did manage a fully working lam imagine all the "suicides" from crashing into non destructible environments and team mates trying to get an attack angle because those lams only have ct torso or arm mounted mounted weapons akin to the spider 5v or commandos.

I'd still get one for the lol. I mean it's the only reason I never sold my 5v. It's fun to jj hover and die wishing you had a single arm hard point to snipe with using maybe an lppc.

#65 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 01:55 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 02 August 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

People would have to learn things like:
1. Arm lock
2. Aiming
3. Team work
4. Using more than torso mounted weapon hard points

Pgi is dam good at making crapy mech hard point locations so even if they did manage a fully working lam imagine all the "suicides" from crashing into non destructible environments and team mates trying to get an attack angle because those lams only have ct torso or arm mounted mounted weapons akin to the spider 5v or commandos.

I'd still get one for the lol. I mean it's the only reason I never sold my 5v. It's fun to jj hover and die wishing you had a single arm hard point to snipe with using maybe an lppc.

1. I don't use arm lock much and by default I let them swing free.
2. I aim better than you do and I am saying it's not the problem, no matter how good a fella's aim is if your mech can't physically look upwards there's a problem.
3. In quick play? lul just lul
4. How about no? Those two laser hard points in my beloved Whammy wouldn't make a lick of difference. Doesn't address how utterly messed up it'd be having flying Veagles or taking your point into consideration it would make a lot of mechs suck that have a good deal of arm weapons.

Maybe it'd be nice to have a game with LAMS but that game would have to be designed having them in there from the start. If introduced into this game it'd be a nightmare.

#66 Insignus

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 07:51 AM

What are y'alls thoughts about a new hero mech based off the CDA-3M, re-quirked to favor MPL's and stealth armor playstyle?

Because from what I'm seeing there is no mech that does stealth mech as a suggested loadout, and while 3M has a good arrangement for Stealth, it usually means dropping the ballistic weapon, making half its quirks (UAC based) irrelevant.

So something like

Energy Range -10%
Cooldown +20%
IS Pulse Laser Duration -40-50%
Sensor Range -60%
Seismic Sensor Range +50%
ECM Target Range Reduction -80%

#67 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 03 August 2019 - 09:32 AM

View PostInsignus, on 03 August 2019 - 07:51 AM, said:

What are y'alls thoughts about a new hero mech based off the CDA-3M, re-quirked to favor MPL's and stealth armor playstyle?

Because from what I'm seeing there is no mech that does stealth mech as a suggested loadout, and while 3M has a good arrangement for Stealth, it usually means dropping the ballistic weapon, making half its quirks (UAC based) irrelevant.

So something like

Energy Range -10%
Cooldown +20%
IS Pulse Laser Duration -40-50%
Sensor Range -60%
Seismic Sensor Range +50%
ECM Target Range Reduction -80%

Given how often pgi changes quirks or limits what on paper are god level quirks you should never get a mech just because it has a paper tiger quirk. The pnt-kk has a 40% ppc velocity quirk. Sounds great right? Limited to a 250 engine cap and speed of 115kph. If you're use to the 'slow' light mechs where 115 is really fast and not 130-160 such as the fla,lcts etc you could do fine with that speed.

The mech with ppc is a second line mech and can't out brawl any enemy light with a ppc. Teamwork doesn't exist in mwo and you'll have to brawl to win. I've never seen a ppc sniper win a match when out numbered with the rest of the friendly team dead.

#68 Insignus

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 01:51 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 03 August 2019 - 09:32 AM, said:

Given how often pgi changes quirks or limits what on paper are god level quirks you should never get a mech just because it has a paper tiger quirk. The pnt-kk has a 40% ppc velocity quirk. Sounds great right? Limited to a 250 engine cap and speed of 115kph. If you're use to the 'slow' light mechs where 115 is really fast and not 130-160 such as the fla,lcts etc you could do fine with that speed.

The mech with ppc is a second line mech and can't out brawl any enemy light with a ppc. Teamwork doesn't exist in mwo and you'll have to brawl to win. I've never seen a ppc sniper win a match when out numbered with the rest of the friendly team dead.

Aye, I've seen plenty of PPC poptarts in my day. But this would be encouraging a stealth mech with MPLs, basically, so it'd be a dash and run knife fight or a sneaking squirrel gameplay set with a mech (CDA-3M) that has a top speed of 137, and which most often runs at 121.5). The laser duration is meant to make it harder to see the laser shot, as well as making peeking shots and anti-light combat more effective. The sensor and range/cooldown adjustments would serve to disincentivize sniping, while the seismo boost would make ambushes and evasions more effectual.

The whole set is intended to enhance stealth play to a level that other mechs don't rise to.

#69 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 30 August 2019 - 08:47 AM

Bandersnatch

Even has an ECM variant. Hero too.

#70 Lance McRaven

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 167 posts
  • LocationMentor, Ohio

Posted 12 January 2020 - 07:59 AM

I still play a lot of tabletop. What I would love to see would be the Grand Titan, Caesar and Lynx Battlemechs, Inner Sphere. And, a a cross over, how about Phelan Kell's Clan built Wolfhound?

#71 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 12 January 2020 - 08:03 AM

The new Mech is Morgan Kell's fabled "ghost Mech".

That's why noone can see it.

#72 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 12 January 2020 - 08:38 AM

Next mech will be a PGI designed Clan Battlemech...

#73 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 08:44 AM

View PostLance McRaven, on 12 January 2020 - 07:59 AM, said:

I still play a lot of tabletop. What I would love to see would be the Grand Titan, Caesar and Lynx Battlemechs, Inner Sphere.

I would guess that the Grand Titan would quickly disappear - you do not see many Atlases in the game. People like to boat a large number of direct fire energy or ballistic weapons (in high mounts, if possible), while the Grand Titan would offer a hodge-podge of laser and missile hardpoints. Note that the Grand Titan would have a full set of arm actuators, so people would complain that they can not install the largest weapons in arms.

As for the Caesar, this is simple: You already have the Cataphract in the game - and it is mostly unused.

The Lynx ... well, the Uziel is already in the game. The Uziel has a similar shape as the Lynx, boats similar assortment of energy weapons. Some Lynx variants have missile hardpoints ... exactly as the Uziel.

View PostLance McRaven, on 12 January 2020 - 07:59 AM, said:

And, a a cross over, how about Phelan Kell's Clan built Wolfhound?

I do not think that there is a 'Mech in MWO combining Inner Sphere and Clan technology bases.

#74 Lance McRaven

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 167 posts
  • LocationMentor, Ohio

Posted 12 January 2020 - 08:47 AM

Wasn't Morgan Kell's "Ghost Mech" an Archer? Stealth build a Tempest, right?

#75 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 08:56 AM

View PostLance McRaven, on 12 January 2020 - 08:47 AM, said:

Wasn't Morgan Kell's "Ghost Mech" an Archer? Stealth build a Tempest, right?

Morgan Kell's Mech was a stock Archer.

PGI created "Tempest" to make money on a Hero 'Mech with ECM hardpoint.

Edited by martian, 12 January 2020 - 08:56 AM.

#76 Boldkill

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:41 PM

I wouldn't mind a StarSlayer

#77 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades