143 replies to this topic

#61 Sabertooth1966

• PipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 92 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 July 2019 - 08:18 AM

If you look over in the loyalist thread in FP Paul said they had several people fall out do to illness. This may be the reason for the micro patch that this month has. At least I hope that's the reason. Posted Image

#62 Chiasson Brinker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ace
  • The Ace
  • 260 posts
  • LocationWayside V

Posted 13 July 2019 - 10:24 AM

View Posttacorodwarrior, on 13 July 2019 - 05:25 AM, said:

This from a 20% Jarl's list player who has played 133 games and who has been part of the community for 5 months now.

I think you'll find by looking at my actual profile that I've been part of this community since 2012. 5 months since a profile name change maybe, but I'm by no means new. It's funny how suddenly the Jarl's List is the be all end all talking point. It wasn't even a year ago that mentioning someone's stats from that site instantly got dismissed as irrelevant.

Edited by Chiasson Brinker, 13 July 2019 - 10:27 AM.

#63 Alvar Von Kenesthor

• PipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 13 July 2019 - 11:12 AM

I hope MechWarrior 5 end's up being worth MWO's sacrifice...

#64 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 12:08 PM

so... a bunch of cosmetics and things to the online-store,
adressing exactly -zero- things that bug this game at it's core..

color me impressed.

even by pgi-standards, this is.. Posted Image

#65 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 13 July 2019 - 12:40 PM

View Posttacorodwarrior, on 13 July 2019 - 05:25 AM, said:

This from a 20% Jarl's list player who has played 133 games and who has been part of the community for 5 months now.

View PostChiasson Brinker, on 13 July 2019 - 10:24 AM, said:

I think you'll find by looking at my actual profile that I've been part of this community since 2012. 5 months since a profile name change maybe, but I'm by no means new. It's funny how suddenly the Jarl's List is the be all end all talking point. It wasn't even a year ago that mentioning someone's stats from that site instantly got dismissed as irrelevant.

Correct, he failed to take into account all of the information. And the ranking is based on Adjusted MS, and as noted below, does not go into full effect until around 500 games. Your current MS is 206 MS after the name change. And if you have been playing since 2012 you are like Tier 2, if not Tier 1 (dependent on the number of games played since PSR went live). And with the default setup for Ranking/Adjusted MS, it currently has it set at 118 MS.

And based on your retired name stats, you would be in the middle of the road, but currently not dropping lots in QP, same for many here..

How Adjusted Score Formula is calculated: ((Season Average Match Score)*((Season#+1)^1.8))*(-(1.007^(-TotalGamesPlayed)-1))*(ClassMultiplier)

T

his will give full score around 500 games and each new season is weighed higher than the last. After this, the score is adjusted based on classes played.

I do want to reiterate, stats mean crap if a player is currently only dropping under 100 games/month. That amounts to 3-4 games/day.....

Jarl's list has the columns sortable. Sort by games dropped in QP.... The scary thing is that PSR movement is setup to force upward movement, and the more games played the quicker one moves up, with an average MS 170ish... they will eventually be Tier 1...place players in a pile just as if there was no real MM except to make sure each side has the same weight class....And if the MM is slow creating a match, it is likely more related to not having the right weight class to match up with what has been selected.

Only PGI really has the stats but even their stats are not broken up enough, ie not broken up into time periods. How much of the population is Tier 1 and 2 vs 3-4-5? And of those in Tier 1 and Tier 2, what are the percentage of the MS groupings? Then correlate that to how many games are being played then show that percentage? ...

#66 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 13 July 2019 - 02:08 PM

View PostSabertooth1966, on 13 July 2019 - 08:18 AM, said:

If you look over in the loyalist thread in FP Paul said they had several people fall out do to illness. This may be the reason for the micro patch that this month has. At least I hope that's the reason. Posted Image

someone is always sick when there is work that was never done, look back over the patches.
usually everyone is too sick to mention that they are sick and there will be no work done.
at least you can trust that PGI have created MW5 using their own brilliance and they have not listened to a single person for any advice and this is good news because if they actually had listened then there would be no MW5 at all because someone somewhere would be testing how LuRMs behave vs tanks or buildings etc and the testing would never, ever, ever end. ...ever.

personally I am looking forward to the influx of fresh players who try MW5 and then want some PvP and end up here, on the forums, talking about LuRMs ;)

#67 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 02:42 PM

Then they should turn around and say "yeah sorry guys we've been undermanned due to illness" even if it was a lie.

#68 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 13 July 2019 - 04:25 PM

RIP MWO

have they been sick for over a year?

Edited by Monkey Lover, 18 July 2019 - 01:03 PM.

#69 Tsula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 516 posts
  • LocationNew Alavon

Posted 14 July 2019 - 05:03 AM

So it begins the lack of work is now in effect. Sad sad state of a game that has filled your wallets and kept your doors open. Hope to hell your MW5 lives up to hype.

#70 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 July 2019 - 05:32 AM

View PostChiasson Brinker, on 13 July 2019 - 10:24 AM, said:

It's funny how suddenly the Jarl's List is the be all end all talking point. It wasn't even a year ago that mentioning someone's stats from that site instantly got dismissed as irrelevant.
It wasn't. The only people trying to dismiss it as irrelevant were the ones who were unaware that the data aggregated on Jarl's came from PGI's own leaderboards and assumed it was collected throughless reliable means such as player submissions.

#71 Pihoqahiak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 359 posts
  • LocationU.S.A., West Coast

Posted 14 July 2019 - 05:41 AM

View PostTsula, on 14 July 2019 - 05:03 AM, said:

So it begins the lack of work is now in effect. Sad sad state of a game that has filled your wallets and kept your doors open. Hope to hell your MW5 lives up to hype.

There hasn't been any real hype for MW:5 overall though. Very little in the way of reveals or any sort of meaningful media coverage, especially for a game that was originally supposed to release around 9 months ago and now is scheduled to release in a couple months.

#72 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 06:08 AM

View PostPassword1234, on 12 July 2019 - 04:16 PM, said:

That is a lot of nothing... Is anyone doing anything?

yes, fixing the game crippling bugs in mechwarrior 5 (i don't expect the release/beta period to be on time). but seriously this is disappointing. all i really want to see from pgi with regards to mwo at this point is a statement on what the end of life of the game will look like. permagamedeath, releasing server side to community, mwo2, etc.

Edited by LordNothing, 14 July 2019 - 06:10 AM.

#73 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 06:16 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 12 July 2019 - 04:47 PM, said:

Swear to god, Patch ForumWarriors...

string people along for 6 years, break every promise, break the game, and then claim its end of life. sounds like a recipe for salt if you ask me. in a just universe, people at pgi should be locked in a room until they have read every single forum post on this board.

#74 tacorodwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWexford, Ireland

Posted 14 July 2019 - 06:57 AM

I remember when MWO was coming out, I was complaining about only 1 screen shot per week for 5 months. People called me "Entitled" and what not. Here they are doing same crap again with MW5. It is painful.

#75 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 08:31 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 14 July 2019 - 06:16 AM, said:

string people along for 6 years, break every promise, break the game, and then claim its end of life. sounds like a recipe for salt if you ask me. in a just universe, people at pgi should be locked in a room until they have read every single forum post on this board.

It can be a lot worse!

Look at the whole Star Citizen drama : Developed for 6 years and still a game that isn't worth playing! :D

Must be a CryTek engine thing... LOL! Posted Image

#76 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 10:17 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 14 July 2019 - 08:31 AM, said:

It can be a lot worse!

Look at the whole Star Citizen drama : Developed for 6 years and still a game that isn't worth playing! Posted Image

Must be a CryTek engine thing... LOL! Posted Image

the living legends people never had any problems with it.

#77 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 326 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 14 July 2019 - 01:00 PM

The negativity is astounding. I see why they call this the brown sea.

#78 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 02:12 PM

First 2019 patch that doesn't do more harm then good, no idea why players are complaining about it.

#79 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 14 July 2019 - 05:04 PM

View Posttacorodwarrior, on 12 July 2019 - 04:56 PM, said:

And this from the 45% guy on Jarl's list lol.

Yeah, how DARE he have an opinion!!!!

******* clown.

#80 YakkSlapper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 175 posts
  • Locationoregon city

Posted 14 July 2019 - 05:56 PM

View PostFATA13RR0R, on 12 July 2019 - 02:58 PM, said:

no clan nerf? is this game really dead?

yes actually, i basicaly refused to play anymore since back when they removed mods and put in the [Redacted] mess they call "skill tree' and im a psycho diehard fan since originals, but now, i log and play a match ones in a few month maybe IF that much so yeah, from my perspective and others i know yep 90% dead *this is the 1st i even heard of 'bolt on's' like wtf that?

Edited by draiocht, 15 July 2019 - 04:31 AM.
inappropriate language

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users