Pgi: No More Solo Kill Challenges Please

57 replies to this topic

#21 Vincent DIFrancesco

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 167 posts
  • LocationHiding behind a rock, waiting for the "rain" to stop.

Posted 14 July 2019 - 06:33 PM

View PostRogueDK, on 14 July 2019 - 08:53 AM, said:

I talked to a few people in game and they pretty much all told me that they either dont do the challenges at all or they did not know there was one.
Meanwhile in forums everybodys an expert that can do everything with their eyes closed.

This is the problem PGI is faced with: People that spend their time posting in forum, and people that actually play the game.
Unless you have something constructive to say on forum subjects, you should not even bother typing it in. Play the game and give us your informed opinion, or stop wasting everyones time with your meaningless white Knight or trolish posts. They get skimmed over anyway and dismissed for what they are.

Getting a solo kill with a damn medium or light can be really hard to pull off. You would all know that if you actually played the game.

PGI Please start listening to active players where most will be casual players like myself. They are your bread and butter and we deserve a say in how you manage your game. The challenges are fun and a good way to work towards something as your playing. Just try and think a bit about what you put into the challenges. If you want people to get X-amount of kills / assists, with a specific mech or weapon, then make sure you put in a trial mech that will people complete the challenge for full duration of the challenge.
Dont duplicate colors with different names and don't make solo kill challenges.

Thank you.

So... if we don't agree with you, we're people who don't play much that are experts at everything. And we're not being constructive. Got it.

Seriously, it's not that hard to get solos in lights and mediums. And I say this as the very definition of a mediocre pilot. I got the light solo in my first try. Which wasn't much of a try, since I picked a mech to match what a friend was driving. Hell, I hadn't even put a warhorn in it, making me miss the fact that I got the kill. And no, it wasn't a fluke. Solos in mediums? Get those all the time. And remember: mediocre pilot here.

I like the events that make you try stuff out you're not comfortable with. Makes you think outside your normal box. But hey, if you don't like it, don't do them. It's not like the prizes are something massive.

#22 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 14 July 2019 - 06:51 PM

PGI Please start listening to active players where most will be casual players like myself. They are your bread and butter and we deserve a say in how you manage your game.

You've played 178 matches in June. I've played 341. I'm casual and mostly active and I don't agree with you. I deserve to be heard more by PGI than you by your logic.

#23 Faithsfall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 363 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 July 2019 - 11:54 PM

I talked to a few people in game and they pretty much all told me that they either dont do the challenges at all or they did not know there was one.
Meanwhile in forums everybodys an expert that can do everything with their eyes closed.

This is the problem PGI is faced with: People that spend their time posting in forum, and people that actually play the game.
Unless you have something constructive to say on forum subjects, you should not even bother typing it in. Play the game and give us your informed opinion, or stop wasting everyones time with your meaningless white Knight or trolish posts. They get skimmed over anyway and dismissed for what they are.

Getting a solo kill with a damn medium or light can be really hard to pull off. You would all know that if you actually played the game.

PGI Please start listening to active players where most will be casual players like myself. They are your bread and butter and we deserve a say in how you manage your game. The challenges are fun and a good way to work towards something as your playing. Just try and think a bit about what you put into the challenges. If you want people to get X-amount of kills / assists, with a specific mech or weapon, then make sure you put in a trial mech that will people complete the challenge for full duration of the challenge.

Thank you.

I would like to thankyou for your fantastic insight into my playing habits, you're correct all those matches I have played have obviously been a dream and I just spend my time on the forums.

While you are on your crusade to make this game easier for you rather than actually trying to improve yourself, plz let me continue having challenges that are actually challenges and not just being given items directly into my account because I am a special snowflake that needs everything just given to me because I turn up.

#24 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 July 2019 - 01:27 AM

View PostFrith, on 14 July 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

Occasionally they'll put something in a challenge that I'm unable to complete, like the recent head shot, but I'm nearly always able to complete all the different challenge events. I may not be able to complete the solo kill in my light and medium mechs for this one because similar to someone else who commented, I don't play them as well as I play heavies and assaults. But I appreciate these challenges as an extra incentive to play mechs and weapons that I don't play very often.
IMO it's always down to picking the right mech for the job.
If solo kills are the goal, the most brutal mid-to-short range build you can muster will do. KFX-D is that for me, and the medium range has plenty of options .

Casuals don't pay attention to the announcements.

Hardly. We just pick the right tool for the job and persevere until we succeed. Getting headshots when some event called for one was PITA, but Flamers helped.

Evidence says otherwise.

Nobody's telling you to get that solo with a Locust or an Uziel - any light or medium is fair game, and there are mechs in both categories that punch dramatically above their weight.

View PostVincent DIFrancesco, on 13 July 2019 - 09:28 AM, said:

Light solos are a crapshoot? lol Play a Piranha and go for back shots.
Play a KFX-D armed with 4xASRM-6 and you're hitting with the punch of a medium at half the size. I suck with most lights - especially with Piranhas - but in the Fox I can carry harder than assault mechs.

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 14 July 2019 - 05:02 AM, said:

now if only we had more than zero people playing solaris, this could be done way more easy, quickly, and with more fun - but people just wanna hide it out behind their teammates, I guess. too bad there's 24 of these with the same idea each match.. Posted Image Posted Image
That is true... want a solo kill, just win a Solaris match - and Div 7 is mostly lights, too.

Edited by Horseman, 15 July 2019 - 02:46 AM.

#25 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 01:38 AM

View PostHorseman, on 15 July 2019 - 01:27 AM, said:

Play a KFX-D armed with 4xASRM-6 and you're hitting with the punch of a medium at half the size. I suck with most lights - especially with Piranhas - but in the Fox I can carry harder than assault mechs.

You're clearly a man of culture.

#26 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 15 July 2019 - 03:02 AM

Thank you.

I did the everything but the cumulative 4000 matchscore in 5 games. Won all 5, played each class once and solo killed each match, got 10 assists each of those games except assaults which I had to repeat cause I killed too many mechs. Damage was easy, finished those in 3 matches (Dakka Assault for 1K ballistic, Laser Vom Heavy for 1K energy, ATM Medium for 1K missiles).

Mechs I used:

Light: Incubus 4 with 6ERML XL 210 + 17 double heatsinks. 39 damage alpha with cockpit level peeking mounts, was 800 damage match, 2 kills 10 assists I think.

Medium: Vapor Eagle 3 with 2xATM-12, 1xATM-9. 1300 damage, 2 kills 10 assists.

Heavy: Hellbringer with 2 HLL 4 ERML, 25 double heatsinks, ECM. Just broke the 1K mark at like 1031 or something, 1 kills, 10 assist. I think there was an afk at spawn that I didn't get to shoot.

Assault: Blood Asp A with 3xUAC5 1xUAC10 ECM 4 kills, 7 assists, 1250ish damage. Had to repeat a second game where I switched to another assault cause all my weapon damage was done at that point to get 3 more assists. Swapped to a Warhawk Prime with 4 ERPPC.

4000 Cumulative Match score took me 9 games to complete.

Obviously my results are not "normal", but unless you are absolutely terribad, there's no reason that this event couldn't be reasonably completed in 20 games for an average player. That's 6.67 games per each weapon damage, and 5 games each for each weight class, to average only 200 match score to hit 4000.

Edited by Vxheous, 15 July 2019 - 03:05 AM.

#27 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 15 July 2019 - 03:38 AM

View PostVxheous, on 15 July 2019 - 03:02 AM, said:

...but unless you are absolutely terribad, there's no reason that this event couldn't be reasonably completed in 20 games for an average player.

As a terribad (statistically “average” but c’mon), I did it to near completion in 12, just playing normal and without realizing the requirements of the event. Then when I checked progress all I was missing was 6 assists in lights, and finished it off in a Commando (which admittedly took me 2 matches, so 14 total). Ran a Jester for the majority, 2 matches in a Night Gyr, 1 match in a a Battlemaster, a couple in a Bushwacker, I think a couple in a Grinner and rest in aforementioned Commando. This was not so much an event as it was “play normal and get a free color and some premium time”.

Edited by Bud Crue, 15 July 2019 - 03:39 AM.

#28 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 04:11 AM

I don't know how many matches it took because I legit only just today rotated mechs to get it.

Been playing mostly the 2mpl+4sml fle-17

#29 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 15 July 2019 - 04:18 AM

View PostVincent DIFrancesco, on 13 July 2019 - 09:28 AM, said:

Light solos are a crapshoot? lol Play a Piranha and go for back shots.

Lights are easiest SK to get due to the potato proliferation matrix.

#30 Christophe Ivanov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 385 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 15 July 2019 - 05:31 AM

How about events that PROMOTE TEAM WORK! Posted Image

I can say that right?

#31 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 05:50 AM

How about some events that reward how much I need to turn left?

Edited by Prototelis, 15 July 2019 - 05:51 AM.

#32 Fae Puka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 06:12 AM

Start to finish, including a 25 min stop for lunch, completed in less than 1hr 50m; not sure what the issue is with solo kills . . . my biggest gripe tends to be the 500+ match score which really is dependant on what variety of vegetables have logged in to play :)

#33 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 15 July 2019 - 08:10 AM

Thank you.

Or you could learn to play? Maybe look up some 'Mech builds instead of whinging? Getting solo kills in Lights and Mediums is easy, especially in Mediums some of which can carry the loadout of a Heavy. The real problem is people thinking they deserve something for nothing, who flat out refuse to get good at the game, who hide behind the "casual" monicker, and who then come to the forums to try and get the developers to take pity on them and dumb the game down even further.

Edit: So I checked the event to see if maybe there was something challenging about it, like an Ace of Spades or something. It's ONE kill. One flipping kill. I was going to post a couple of builds that might help the OP but honestly, you don't deserve it. If you cry about having to actually not be a burden to your team then I doubt anything is going to help you.

Edited by RickySpanish, 15 July 2019 - 08:13 AM.

#34 RogueDK

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 67 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 15 July 2019 - 03:54 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 14 July 2019 - 06:51 PM, said:

You've played 178 matches in June. I've played 341. I'm casual and mostly active and I don't agree with you. I deserve to be heard more by PGI than you by your logic.

Spoken like someone that spends more time on the forums than in game. Check your own stats there and you'll see that I have only played 6 more games than you and I have better K/D but lower average match score. If your gonna recite stats at least stick to the whole truth buddy. Number of forum posts also kinda proves my point here... Good job.

#35 RogueDK

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 67 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 15 July 2019 - 04:04 PM

View PostFaithsfall, on 14 July 2019 - 11:54 PM, said:

I would like to thankyou for your fantastic insight into my playing habits, you're correct all those matches I have played have obviously been a dream and I just spend my time on the forums.

While you are on your crusade to make this game easier for you rather than actually trying to improve yourself, plz let me continue having challenges that are actually challenges and not just being given items directly into my account because I am a special snowflake that needs everything just given to me because I turn up.

Your quite good at playing the game. Good for you. But why should I get locked out from doing events just because I dont play as well as you ? If you want rewards for playing at high tier, shouldent you be focusing on things like Faction Warfare? The Quick Que is populated primarily by casuals like myself who arent part of a clan and for the most part play for fun. Quite arrogant.

#36 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 04:05 PM

they should just have a locust event... Id like to see what you people can really do

everyone is a fk'n pilot till you put them a 20 ton fly'n razor blade

#37 RogueDK

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 67 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 15 July 2019 - 04:07 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 15 July 2019 - 08:10 AM, said:

Or you could learn to play? Maybe look up some 'Mech builds instead of whinging? Getting solo kills in Lights and Mediums is easy, especially in Mediums some of which can carry the loadout of a Heavy. The real problem is people thinking they deserve something for nothing, who flat out refuse to get good at the game, who hide behind the "casual" monicker, and who then come to the forums to try and get the developers to take pity on them and dumb the game down even further.

Edit: So I checked the event to see if maybe there was something challenging about it, like an Ace of Spades or something. It's ONE kill. One flipping kill. I was going to post a couple of builds that might help the OP but honestly, you don't deserve it. If you cry about having to actually not be a burden to your team then I doubt anything is going to help you.

At least I play the game. You have ZERO stats for this season. Thank you for proving my point.

Edited by RogueDK, 15 July 2019 - 04:11 PM.

#38 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 04:52 PM

View PostRogueDK, on 15 July 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

But why should I get locked out from doing events just because I dont play as well as you ?

Why should a challenge give you participation rewards?

#39 Azhrael

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 06:17 PM

Lol, some replies got me rofling.

But on a serious note : How does the Game categorizes a Solo Kill?

Its true that by definition appears almost impossible, no way you could get a 100% damage kill when there are 11 other dmg sources and Weapons that can easily hit your target from nowhere.

Experience tells me that this not the case. It is some damage percentage? You need the Last hit AND the most dmg done on said target?

Clarification on this could reduce the amount of ******* waiting for a last hit the whole game. Wich i agree are detrimental to the Team.

#40 BCAW

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 07:13 PM

View PostAzhrael, on 15 July 2019 - 06:17 PM, said:

Lol, some replies got me rofling.

But on a serious note : How does the Game categorizes a Solo Kill?

Its true that by definition appears almost impossible, no way you could get a 100% damage kill when there are 11 other dmg sources and Weapons that can easily hit your target from nowhere.

Experience tells me that this not the case. It is some damage percentage? You need the Last hit AND the most dmg done on said target?

Clarification on this could reduce the amount of ******* waiting for a last hit the whole game. Wich i agree are detrimental to the Team.

A "Solo Kill" is a combination of "Kill Most Damage Dealt" and "Killing Blow". Meaning, you dealt the killing blow to the mech, in addition to being the one that dealt the most overall damage to it. Dealing all of the damage is not necessary, though that would definitely guarantee you'll get the Solo Kill, heh.

As to responding to the OP, I'm not that good of a pilot myself, but my advice would be to play like how you usually play. That is, focus on dealing damage and focusing down wounded enemies to get them and their guns off the field. If you haven't made those two objectives your goal every time you get into a match, start by changing your mindset. Remember, passive gameplay and being overly cautious does not win games, or net you event rewards. MWO is a game about taking calculated risks based on the information you have, using all of your resources (heat, ammo, hitpoints) to get **** done in the process.

Good luck mate. There is still plenty of time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users