#41 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 15 July 2019 - 07:33 PM

View PostRogueDK, on 15 July 2019 - 03:54 PM, said:

Spoken like someone that spends more time on the forums than in game. Check your own stats there and you'll see that I have only played 6 more games than you and I have better K/D but lower average match score. If your gonna recite stats at least stick to the whole truth buddy. Number of forum posts also kinda proves my point here... Good job.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Unless I'm missing something, you're lying. Or you play in your alt account that you're not disclosing.

If anything, that shows that I'm more active than you on the battlefield and off it.

Edited by FRAGTAST1C, 15 July 2019 - 07:36 PM.

#42 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 15 July 2019 - 09:18 PM

View PostRogueDK, on 15 July 2019 - 04:07 PM, said:

At least I play the game. You have ZERO stats for this season. Thank you for proving my point.

Yeah but do you actually? If one has trouble getting a single wee solo kill, would it perhaps be prudent to wonder if one should, in fact, continue playing?

#43 Faithsfall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 363 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 July 2019 - 09:56 PM

View PostRogueDK, on 15 July 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

Your quite good at playing the game. Good for you. But why should I get locked out from doing events just because I dont play as well as you ? If you want rewards for playing at high tier, shouldent you be focusing on things like Faction Warfare? The Quick Que is populated primarily by casuals like myself who arent part of a clan and for the most part play for fun. Quite arrogant.

Seriously what, I'm an average pilot, I know some ppl run rings around me in matches.

I'm a casual who doesn't belong to any clan and run solo, I jump on for a bit of fun and when we have these kind of events I like to challenge myself with mechs that I struggle with, the only difference is I will study builds others have had success with and will then adapt those mechs for my playstyle to do said challenges.

Unfortunately your whole attitude is the same as my daughters primary school sports day, there's no losers everyone is special for taking part so they all get rewarded, instead of crying on the forum that you are a special snowflake that deserves everything given to you for showing up how about trying some of these builds that others have already mentioned.

#44 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 09:58 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 15 July 2019 - 09:18 PM, said:

Yeah but do you actually? If one has trouble getting a single wee solo kill, would it perhaps be prudent to wonder if one should, in fact, continue playing?

Nah dude, some are role playing it so hard they see the need to fill the role of cannon fodder.

#45 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 July 2019 - 10:54 PM

Good for you. But why should I get locked out from doing events just because I dont play as well as you ?
You're not locked out from doing events. The only way you can be "locked out" is by locking yourself out through choosing the wrong mechs and builds for the task.

If you want rewards for playing at high tier, shouldent you be focusing on things like Faction Warfare? The Quick Que is populated primarily by casuals like myself who arent part of a clan and for the most part play for fun.
Your argument is faulty simply because getting a solo kill isn't "high tier". It's something that, if you're doing your job in the match, will come by naturally without particular effort.

Getting an Ace of Spades would be high tier - a single solo kill just takes using a mech with semi-decent armament (so no 1xERLL lights) and staying on target until the target is dead.

View PostAzhrael, on 15 July 2019 - 06:17 PM, said:

Its true that by definition appears almost impossible, no way you could get a 100% damage kill when there are 11 other dmg sources and Weapons that can easily hit your target from nowhere
You may very well be in a situation where you engage a distracted or isolated opponent. If he's running LRMs or ATMs and you underrun his minimum range it's a VERY easy kill.
And, of course, just because your teammates are there doesn't mean they're all following your target.

Edited by Horseman, 15 July 2019 - 11:03 PM.

#46 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 12:10 AM

*razor blade runs thru the room.... multiply units bleed form the rear legs and shoulders

#47 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 16 July 2019 - 02:52 AM

Your quite good at playing the game. Good for you. But why should I get locked out from doing events just because I dont play as well as you ? If you want rewards for playing at high tier, shouldent you be focusing on things like Faction Warfare? The Quick Que is populated primarily by casuals like myself who arent part of a clan and for the most part play for fun. Quite arrogant.

Before talking about "arrogant" I would look up the word "challenge" in dictionary if I were you. And if you "play for fun" as you claim then I am rather suprised you care so much about any sort of events, since MWO events don't add any "fun" to the game, but rather do the opposite. And don't even make me started on your assumptions about what queue is populated by who and how hard exactly is it to do solo kills in lights and mediums, because otherwise you'll need to look up "entitled", "biased", "clueless" and other more "arrogant" words as well. You are a founder dude ... if you are unable to do solo kills after playing this game for 7 years then you don't deserve any rewards whatsoever. End of story.

#48 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 16 July 2019 - 03:57 AM

View PostFaithsfall, on 15 July 2019 - 09:56 PM, said:

Seriously what, I'm an average pilot, I know some ppl run rings around me in matches.

I'm a casual who doesn't belong to any clan and run solo, I jump on for a bit of fun and when we have these kind of events I like to challenge myself with mechs that I struggle with, the only difference is I will study builds others have had success with and will then adapt those mechs for my playstyle to do said challenges.

Same here, I know I'm not some great pilot but I am mostly competent. I didn't even bother working at the solo kill as I concentrated on the other parts of the challenge. When I had completed everything else I saw I'd also gotten my 4 solo kills. Be smart and aggressive and it isn't hard at all. If you prefer to sit way back and snipe or LRM them you probably will have trouble but that is then down to your choices instead of an event issue. I wouldn't expect to take my Kit Fox-C with ECM/triple AMS meant to protect out assaults and achieve solo kills because it is not well suited to the task. I mean in one match with my MCII I got 3 solo kills without any attempt to do so. You shouldn't get rewards just for showing up.

#49 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 July 2019 - 04:15 AM

View PostKodan Black, on 16 July 2019 - 03:57 AM, said:

I wouldn't expect to take my Kit Fox-C with ECM/triple AMS meant to protect out assaults and achieve solo kills because it is not well suited to the task.
-G side torsos and -D left arm give you hardpoints for 4xSRM-6. 2xAMS, 1xLAMS, ECM and it can work but ammo will be tight.

#50 Vincent DIFrancesco

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 167 posts
  • LocationHiding behind a rock, waiting for the "rain" to stop.

Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:12 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 15 July 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

[Screenshots of Frag's and Rogue's stats.]

Great. Even Rogue has a better K/D ratio than me. Now I get to be depressed all day. Thanks, Frag. :D

#51 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:16 AM

K/D is kind of meaningless in this game.

There is of course a correlation between a high W/L and a high K/D because you die less when you win more (usually).

Either way, its not something I would worry about. Keep an eye on your AMS and W/L to track your progress.

#52 Vincent DIFrancesco

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 167 posts
  • LocationHiding behind a rock, waiting for the "rain" to stop.

Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:23 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 16 July 2019 - 05:16 AM, said:

K/D is kind of meaningless in this game.

There is of course a correlation between a high W/L and a high K/D because you die less when you win more (usually).

Either way, its not something I would worry about. Keep an eye on your AMS and W/L to track your progress.

All tongue-in-cheek, man. While I strive to improve, I lose no sleep over my suckage. :)

#53 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:08 AM

[mod]Due to off-topic or otherwise unconstructive discussion,
this thread has been moved to Kaetetôã.

Constructive discussion on strategies and 'mech builds may be moved to other relevant threads.

Feedback on events may be submitted via https://mwomercs.com/support/feedback[/mod]

#54 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:09 AM

View PostVincent DIFrancesco, on 16 July 2019 - 05:12 AM, said:

Great. Even Rogue has a better K/D ratio than me. Now I get to be depressed all day. Thanks, Frag. Posted Image

That may be but have you ever done 0 damage with a Cipher but dealt 140 team damage with perfectly placed Arti-strike? Posted Image

#55 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:38 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 16 July 2019 - 07:09 AM, said:

That may be but have you ever done 0 damage with a Cipher but dealt 140 team damage with perfectly placed Arti-strike? Posted Image

We've all been there. The important thing is to own the screw up and have a giggle about it ;) Come to think of it, that's probably more of a contribution to the match than the OP apparently makes. Zing!

Edited by RickySpanish, 16 July 2019 - 07:39 AM.

#56 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:39 AM

View Postdraiocht, on 16 July 2019 - 07:08 AM, said:

[mod]Due to off-topic or otherwise unconstructive discussion,
this thread has been moved to Kaetetôã.

Constructive discussion on strategies and 'mech builds may be moved to other relevant threads.

Feedback on events may be submitted via https://mwomercs.com/support/feedback[/mod]

Posted Image

was this thread really this offensive..?

*sigh*

off to another lurm-thread, I guess ;)

#57 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:44 AM

This thread is off topic and toxic but both of 6th threads are on rails, pleasant, and constructive.

#58 Xiphias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 10:59 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 14 July 2019 - 06:51 PM, said:

You've played 178 matches in June. I've played 341. I'm casual and mostly active and I don't agree with you. I deserve to be heard more by PGI than you by your logic.

View PostRogueDK, on 15 July 2019 - 03:54 PM, said:

Spoken like someone that spends more time on the forums than in game. Check your own stats there and you'll see that I have only played 6 more games than you and I have better K/D but lower average match score. If your gonna recite stats at least stick to the whole truth buddy. Number of forum posts also kinda proves my point here... Good job.

Reading comprehension, he's talking about June stats.

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 15 July 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

Unless I'm missing something, you're lying. Or you play in your alt account that you're not disclosing.

If anything, that shows that I'm more active than you on the battlefield and off it.

RogueDK is talking about (I assume) current July stats. You have similar matches there and he has a higher KDR.

Either way, my advice to the OP is just to play for fun like you usually would and the results will tend to come naturally. Trying to play for the rewards tents to just make you frustrated. A solo kill in a light or medium really isn't that hard to do. If you're having a lot of trouble with it I suggest looking into builds that are better suited so that you can achieve it more easily.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users