#21 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 18 July 2019 - 06:14 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 17 July 2019 - 08:45 PM, said:

The only way that I would not be upset if PGI decided to drop Steam support and move to the Epic Launcher is if they were planning on releasing MW5 on consoles and making the Co Op part of the game cross-play so then I could play it with my sons and get a new generation into MECHWARRIOR.

Last part with MW5 coming later to consoles Im totally in for, since Im a hybrid gamer. Also controller rumbling can make it more immersive. First part... No, I just dont get the exclusivity nonsense.

Heres an idea why not release it on ALL them PC game stores and then consoles. Sure it costs for console port and steam take a bit bigger cut for example.
BUT overall, in the long run PGI would gain much more profit and goodwill from new people interested and veterans to the Battletech franchise if releasing at LEAST for all them PC store and dont bend over for exclusivity mongering greedoos, in this case the sleazy, effed up "ePIC" store.
It pisses me off to no end!

Heres the main insane trends going on in the media industry among them, the gaming industry. Its a frigging disgrace and disregard of human dignity.

1: Forced politics with corrupt SJW on one side of the spectrum and facists supremacy undermining on the other side
2: Microtransaction mayhem, undermining and predatory practises.. Even Nintendo, one of the last bastions against such an infuriating trend have sniffed on opportunites for M$ in the new Doctor Mario...
3: Exclusivity nonsense!

Edited by Tordin, 19 July 2019 - 07:52 AM.

#22 Gorith

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 06:15 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 17 July 2019 - 08:45 PM, said:

The only way that I would not be upset if PGI decided to drop Steam support and move to the Epic Launcher is if they were planning on releasing MW5 on consoles and making the Co Op part of the game cross-play so then I could play it with my sons and get a new generation into MECHWARRIOR.

Even then It just means they will not be getting my money till after the exclusivity deal. I missed the community backer program (thought it was still open earlier when I posted something on YT) But I won't be pre-ordering until confirmation of non-exclusivity is given.

#23 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 18 July 2019 - 12:09 PM

View PostGorith, on 18 July 2019 - 06:15 AM, said:

I won't be pre-ordering until confirmation of non-exclusivity is given.

Spoiler

@6:00 "We're actually also planning on releasing it for GOG, I think this could be the official announcement for that"

THAT is the official announcement.... there's been no follow up since then, it's a literal throwaway comment.

Edited by VonBruinwald, 18 July 2019 - 12:09 PM.

#24 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 12:13 PM

If you can read this, you're an angry mechboi right now

#25 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 18 July 2019 - 01:42 PM

DELAYED

Well that didn't take long...

Edited by VonBruinwald, 18 July 2019 - 01:43 PM.

#26 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 02:14 PM

I bet he's at a hockey game...

#27 10thMD

• Pip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 16 posts
  • LocationHumble Tx

Posted 18 July 2019 - 03:27 PM

View PostTordin, on 18 July 2019 - 06:14 AM, said:

Last part with MW5 coming later to consoles Im totally in for, since Im a hybrid gamer. Also controller rumbling can make it more immersive. First part... No, I just dont get the exclusivity nonsense.

You do know you can use Xbox360 controllers and Xbox one controllers on PC right? With games that support it, the rumble does work. I regularly use a old USB 360 controller to play games like Mad Max and the Arkham Batman games.

#28 Akala Tanara

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNekonia Periphery

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:13 PM

Russ posted on twitter in response to all the paranoia about the removed FAQ details.

https://twitter.com/...180563895615488

#29 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 18 July 2019 - 05:09 PM

Would it be uncharitable to suggest PGI would struggle to organise a root in a brothel?

#30 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 18 July 2019 - 11:39 PM

View PostTordin, on 18 July 2019 - 06:14 AM, said:

1: Forced politics with corrupt SJW on one side of the spectrum and facists supremacy undermining on the other side
2: Microtransaction mayhem, undermining and predatory practises.. Even Nintendo, one of the last bastions of this infuriating trend have sniffed on opportunites for M$ in the new Doctor Mario...
3: Exclusivity nonsense!

I will just summarize this part.......People are just insane.

#31 BEARDOOM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 19 July 2019 - 02:02 AM

Guy's...
Say open what we gone except, MWO is on ranimation more than 2 years.
For me best game that I hooked and YOU left to dye, with my few cemetery visits once pre month.
I love my favorite mechs to ride. Manifold an few small maps are my enjoy.
Everything other is waist of energy.

Say open and quick. Don't delay bullockshit. Do you fight without weapons?
I gave enough money and realy lot time. This was very mature game platform. Better than WOT. But somethings went wrong.

#32 BEARDOOM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 19 July 2019 - 03:25 AM

I don't see bad sideos of Epic Store. They give benefits dto developers.
This game need to be alive, and after to be upgraded to MWO in unral engine.

#33 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 04:25 AM

Actually, it would be more immersive and more Sim alike if you had no mouseaim.

I dont think in modern Tanks you aim manually with a mouse - you Designate Targets via Stick or Trackball on a Screen and the Computer computes a Fire-solution for it.

Manual aiming is so yesterday….the last of the last resort measures to hit a target.

A console Controller would be ideal for that way of gaming...

#34 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 19 July 2019 - 09:25 AM

View PostK19, on 18 July 2019 - 05:38 AM, said:

Quando tens uma companhia como PGI que nunca quis saber do jogo, só money money. Nunca parou de mentir sobre que ai fazer o jogo, que no fim destruíram simplesmente kill game. MW5 é mesma situação o jogo não passa de uma treta. Os gráficos estão maus mesmo num motor gráfico novo não são capazes de fazer melhor. Quê se lixem é fiquem com dinheiro. GO GT Posted Image Posted Image

***** eihän tosta jörpötyksestä tajunnu erkki yhtään mitään. Mitäs jos vaihat takas kansainväliseen??

#35 Dran Dragore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 143 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 10:15 AM

it would be nice to know if the game is released on Steam or on this .... Epic. And it would round up my picture if it will released on Epic.

#36 BEARDOOM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 19 July 2019 - 03:08 PM

Guy...
You are so far from youre Galaxy.

Maybe real joystick's fom MWO. But precision is always with mouse

#37 BEARDOOM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 19 July 2019 - 03:27 PM

If MWO was made in UR engine, and you gave yor riders of the Mech new effects, and listened you're population.
You would had you're game with money.
Many of us would give money for transformation of regular mech to CUSTOM class. 10,20,30% for c-bills, GXP for skilling.
More expensive than Hero's. Customization of Hero gives more but you need to buy more.
Give and take!

And for that you give us more effects, and more Manifold maps, not ******** Alphibes nad biggest Polarshit.

We like to ride oure Mechs, but give us glory. Name on first page name of best destructor of day, week, best gameplay videos...

That is wrecking and Marketing.

This is a wrecking game, not some ***** shooter. I need to hear ballistic very realistic.
Man you need a best TEAM. Developing. You cant be one man show.

You are great becouse you made it so far with this gamplay.
I congrats you for that very much.

I hope that shiny plates of oure rides will be scratched, shooted, blowed away long, long time from now.
No Guts no Mech's! Rule with you're Demons and Angels!

#38 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 11:04 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 19 July 2019 - 04:25 AM, said:

I dont think in modern Tanks you aim manually with a mouse - you Designate Targets via Stick or Trackball on a Screen and the Computer computes a Fire-solution for it.

Manual aiming is so yesterday….the last of the last resort measures to hit a target.

Yeah, to be honest, when I was last in a modern tank controlling the turret and firing the 120mm... pretty sure I was holding a very clearly joystick like control. But hey, maybe the Soviets do it different.

I have a nice little HOTAS for MW5. I don't use it for MWO for the sake of my team, but for single player, for sure.

#39 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 12:23 AM

i dont usually care about these things. but at this rate beta will start after christmas.

#40 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 12:32 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 19 July 2019 - 11:04 PM, said:

Yeah, to be honest, when I was last in a modern tank controlling the turret and firing the 120mm... pretty sure I was holding a very clearly joystick like control. But hey, maybe the Soviets do it different.

I have a nice little HOTAS for MW5. I don't use it for MWO for the sake of my team, but for single player, for sure.

i think mice are overrated. they are great for controlling shooters. but when you introduce real physics and the limits of control systems joysticks still reign supreme. try playing a flight sim with a mouse. i certainly hope mw5 is going the sim route. i can dust off the ch fighterstick and put it to work.

Edited by LordNothing, 20 July 2019 - 12:34 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users