Posted 19 July 2019 - 09:23 AM

FIRST!

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 09:56 AM

ooh looks like i can get that cougar hero after all.

#4 Paladin IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 01:47 PM

Does anyone actually play this mode aside from when these events start? I'm always finding the same 3 people running the same meta crap.

#5 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 02:28 PM

Soo... uhm... How are we supposed to ask other people to join the 2 vs. 2 Solaris Queue when the "All Chat" isn't working at all at the moment because of the FW issues ?! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Anyway... Thanks for another Event with MC Awards Posted Image

Edited by Roodkapje, 19 July 2019 - 02:29 PM.

#6 LilMissWiz

Rookie

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 02:40 PM

Last time I tried Solaris no one was on, I am definitely going to give it a try again. Also...what are good meta mechs?

#7 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 19 July 2019 - 02:54 PM

I said to someone just the other day: re Solaris - I'm food to you people. But I still play it.

#8 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 19 July 2019 - 02:57 PM

Edited by HammerMaster, 19 July 2019 - 02:58 PM.

#9 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 03:58 PM

Sale on the Solaris mechs? Posted Image

#10 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 19 July 2019 - 10:39 PM

I will give it a try, but if I end up playing the same person three times and then not finding another match for over 20 minutes, I will go back to playing something else (started a new Ironman playthrough in BATTELTECH again).

#11 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 11:07 PM

1) Allow players to enable/disable each division, so they can queue up for every division they want at the same time. The single queue would make it 7 times faster to find a match, would provide the MatchMaker 7 times more players to match against each other, and combined that would make Solaris 49 times more enjoyable then it is now, where you have to wait a long time to fight an incredibly one-sided match against the only other available guy.

2) Allow players to enable/disable 2vs2 matches, and if 2vs2 is enabled, then when the MatchMaker finds 4 players it automatically launches a 2vs2 (no manual group creation, no premades...), which would potentially be the most fun and balanced form of Solaris match as long as the MatchMaker is allowed to create each group of 2 players itself.

3) I understand you don't have the ressources to program that now : Instead, just enable ONE DIVISION PER DAY. So Monday is only for Division 1, and Sunday is only for Division 7. This would achieve the same kind of effect as replacing 7 players queues with one single queue, but would require a really minimal development resource.

4) Solaris Supply Cache content is mostly uninspiring (to put it politely) : The Solaris Supply Cache bolt-ons should always belong to the Mech selected for that Solaris Division. Not only this could greatly boost player motivation to go play Solaris for the sake of earning bolt-ons for a specific mech that you do own and that you are interested in... but it might also boost the popularity of bolt-ons throughout MWO. And with over 100 bolt-ons per mech available, might even encourage players to purchase additional bolt-ons with MC to complete a set once they've won the first part(s).

5) Do change the color of the Solaris Season 5 Warhorn to anything but the same purple color from Season 4 : Red, Green, Blue... literally any color will do.

Again my main idea : Limit Solaris to ONE DIVISION PER DAY, meaning Monday is only for Division 1 and Sunday is only for Division 7. This incredibly simple to implement change would significantly improve both the speed and quality of the Solaris MatchMaking.

#12 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 July 2019 - 03:40 AM

View PostLilMissWiz, on 19 July 2019 - 02:40 PM, said:

Last time I tried Solaris no one was on, I am definitely going to give it a try again.
Typically it takes queueing for a few minutes.

Also...what are good meta mechs?
Check the leaderboards, you can click on the top players and see what they're using. Usually there will be a few build variations, so screenshot the builds and then see what works for you.

View PostPaladin IIC, on 19 July 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

Does anyone actually play this mode aside from when these events start? I'm always finding the same 3 people running the same meta crap.
Yes, people play it. And no, not everyone is running meta.

View PostRoodkapje, on 19 July 2019 - 02:28 PM, said:

Soo... uhm... How are we supposed to ask other people to join the 2 vs. 2 Solaris Queue when the "All Chat" isn't working at all at the moment because of the FW issues ?! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Use out-of-game comm hubs - there are several Discord and Teamspeak servers up.

#13 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 20 July 2019 - 05:29 AM

Best I've found is ask in Twitch streams if anybody up for grouping for 2v2

#14 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 July 2019 - 06:35 AM

View PostCycKath, on 20 July 2019 - 05:29 AM, said:

Best I've found is ask in Twitch streams if anybody up for grouping for 2v2

MJ12 and ICOB are both interested in 2v2, worth getting in touch with them: https://mwomercs.com...-community-day/

#15 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 06:57 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 19 July 2019 - 11:07 PM, said:

1) Allow players to enable/disable each division, so they can queue up for every division they want at the same time. The single queue would make it 7 times faster to find a match, would provide the MatchMaker 7 times more players to match against each other, and combined that would make Solaris 49 times more enjoyable then it is now, where you have to wait a long time to fight an incredibly one-sided match against the only other available guy.

2) Allow players to enable/disable 2vs2 matches, and if 2vs2 is enabled, then when the MatchMaker finds 4 players it automatically launches a 2vs2 (no manual group creation, no premades...), which would potentially be the most fun and balanced form of Solaris match as long as the MatchMaker is allowed to create each group of 2 players itself.

Totally agree! Posted Image Posted Image

3) I understand you don't have the ressources to program that now : Instead, just enable ONE DIVISION PER DAY. So Monday is only for Division 1, and Sunday is only for Division 7. This would achieve the same kind of effect as replacing 7 players queues with one single queue, but would require a really minimal development resource.

Again my main idea : Limit Solaris to ONE DIVISION PER DAY, meaning Monday is only for Division 1 and Sunday is only for Division 7. This incredibly simple to implement change would significantly improve both the speed and quality of the Solaris MatchMaking.

Posted Image Posted Image

4) Solaris Supply Cache content is mostly uninspiring (to put it politely) : The Solaris Supply Cache bolt-ons should always belong to the Mech selected for that Solaris Division. Not only this could greatly boost player motivation to go play Solaris for the sake of earning bolt-ons for a specific mech that you do own and that you are interested in... but it might also boost the popularity of bolt-ons throughout MWO. And with over 100 bolt-ons per mech available, might even encourage players to purchase additional bolt-ons with MC to complete a set once they've won the first part(s).

5) Do change the color of the Solaris Season 5 Warhorn to anything but the same purple color from Season 4 : Red, Green, Blue... literally any color will do.

Agree! :)

#16 His Mistress Voice

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 08:34 AM

Saw a lot of MJ12 players, did only the 1 vs 1 thing to grab all prices there.
Solaris done for this season.
I don't think i will bother to get the 25 matches in each div. for the season end event.

#17 V O L T R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 318 posts
  • LocationThe Flat and Motionless Earth

Posted 20 July 2019 - 02:53 PM

Be nice if there was an ALL MECH division... Any mech, vs any mech. Instead of selection.

#18 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 July 2019 - 03:35 PM

View PostV O L T R O N, on 20 July 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

Be nice if there was an ALL MECH division... Any mech, vs any mech. Instead of selection.
... yes, let's put Cougars against Annihilators, I'm sure it will be a fair match.

#19 Paladin IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:11 PM

View PostHorseman, on 20 July 2019 - 03:35 PM, said:

... yes, let's put Cougars against Annihilators, I'm sure it will be a fair match.

Considering a Flea can come up to any Assault and hump its legs with the Assault pilot being unable to hit it because he's unable to look or shoot that low, I'd say it would be a fair match.

Edited by Paladin IIC, 21 July 2019 - 03:11 PM.

#20 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 21 July 2019 - 10:49 PM

Yeah, Solaris where champs drop vs. noops. Great game mode! No match making at all. For the sake of the event I hope to drop against a non-skilled mech which is not meta. Don't have the resources to build mechs just for Solaris.

Best would be unskilled stock mechs for this mode.lt is just a farming platform for the pros. Good luck with that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users