39 replies to this topic

#21 MurghSharduk

• PipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 01:40 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 19 July 2019 - 11:07 PM, said:

1) Allow players to enable/disable each division, so they can queue up for every division they want at the same time. The single queue would make it 7 times faster to find a match, would provide the MatchMaker 7 times more players to match against each other, and combined that would make Solaris 49 times more enjoyable then it is now, where you have to wait a long time to fight an incredibly one-sided match against the only other available guy.

2) Allow players to enable/disable 2vs2 matches, and if 2vs2 is enabled, then when the MatchMaker finds 4 players it automatically launches a 2vs2 (no manual group creation, no premades...), which would potentially be the most fun and balanced form of Solaris match as long as the MatchMaker is allowed to create each group of 2 players itself.

3) I understand you don't have the ressources to program that now : Instead, just enable ONE DIVISION PER DAY. So Monday is only for Division 1, and Sunday is only for Division 7. This would achieve the same kind of effect as replacing 7 players queues with one single queue, but would require a really minimal development resource.

4) Solaris Supply Cache content is mostly uninspiring (to put it politely) : The Solaris Supply Cache bolt-ons should always belong to the Mech selected for that Solaris Division. Not only this could greatly boost player motivation to go play Solaris for the sake of earning bolt-ons for a specific mech that you do own and that you are interested in... but it might also boost the popularity of bolt-ons throughout MWO. And with over 100 bolt-ons per mech available, might even encourage players to purchase additional bolt-ons with MC to complete a set once they've won the first part(s).

5) Do change the color of the Solaris Season 5 Warhorn to anything but the same purple color from Season 4 : Red, Green, Blue... literally any color will do.

Again my main idea : Limit Solaris to ONE DIVISION PER DAY, meaning Monday is only for Division 1 and Sunday is only for Division 7. This incredibly simple to implement change would significantly improve both the speed and quality of the Solaris MatchMaking.

Just adding my support: These ideas are excellent and probably even not that difficult to do.

#22 Lexandro Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 108 posts
  • LocationHungary, Budapest

Posted 22 July 2019 - 04:39 AM

Dear PGI!

Please finish the 'Mech replacement in the divisions...
What was a problem with Yen Lo Wang???

#23 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 July 2019 - 04:59 AM

View PostPaladin IIC, on 21 July 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

Considering a Flea can come up to any Assault and hump its legs with the Assault pilot being unable to hit it because he's unable to look or shoot that low, I'd say it would be a fair match.
You're missing the entire point and you fail to notice that your specific example depends on the Flea's extremely small model and hitboxes.

View PostDeadWeight18, on 21 July 2019 - 10:49 PM, said:

Great game mode! No match making at all.
For matchmaking to work in Solaris you'd have to have 6+ players queued in simultaneously. That's not happening in a 1v1 mode.

Best would be unskilled stock mechs for this mode.
No, this genius idea would just make sure most mechs are non-viable for the mode (SHS, ISXL, poorly optimized loadouts).

lt is just a farming platform for the pros.
It's not. The sooner you get out of that defeatist mentality the better for you.

#24 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 10:33 AM

View PostHorseman, on 20 July 2019 - 03:35 PM, said:

... yes, let's put Cougars against Annihilators, I'm sure it will be a fair match.

Depends on the map IMHO and how good/bad the pilots of both are! :)

#25 Paladin IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 04:40 PM

View PostHorseman, on 22 July 2019 - 04:59 AM, said:

You're missing the entire point and you fail to notice that your specific example depends on the Flea's extremely small model and hitboxes.

I was referring to light mechs in general. Let people use what they want at their own risk. Restricting everything has slowed down matchmaking and really does nothing to "balance" matchmaking at all.

#26 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 22 July 2019 - 10:28 PM

lol zero effotr post, just posting a deadline because they said they would.

#27 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 22 July 2019 - 10:44 PM

No, this genius idea would just make sure most mechs are non-viable for the mode (SHS, ISXL, poorly optimized loadouts).

Well, that is the at least equal. And a challenge for the pros!

It's not. The sooner you get out of that defeatist mentality the better for you.

One should only pick battles one can win. Repeating the same again and gain hoping for a different outcome is Einstein's definition of madness.

Meeting the same guy 3 rounds in a row with a mech where I know I am 60 GSP short and 1000h of practice I think to invest my time in more productive gaming.

#28 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 July 2019 - 11:20 PM

View PostDeadWeight18, on 22 July 2019 - 10:44 PM, said:

Well, that is the at least equal.
No, it just means you will get tired sick of seeing the exact same chassis and build over and over again.

Since engine types and ammo locations and armor will all be locked down, more mechs will have obvious vulnerabilities and the meta crowd will stay the hell away from those - meanwhile, with your already limited mech collection you will not be able to keep up with the chassis meta anyway (whereas right now you can buy a mech and cobble together a reasonably optimal build rather quickly)

Stock mode kills player interest,in part through dramatically reducing the number of viable chassis (and just being plain boring). We've seen that in MWOWC 2018.

The bottom line is that your idea wouldn't improve Solaris, it would kill it .

One should only pick battles one can win. Repeating the same again and gain hoping for a different outcome is Einstein's definition of madness.
One should think how they can win. Those 3 pounds of matter sloshing around in your skull aren't there for show - used properly, they can make you the deadliest thing on the battlefield.

Meeting the same guy 3 rounds in a row with a mech where I know I am 60 GSP short and 1000h of practice I think to invest my time in more productive gaming.
One of you took an underskilled mech into the field, and that's you.
The sensible thing would be either to spend a couple hours in QP skilling out the mech and practicing its' playstyle or at least burning some GXP to cover the skill points.
You had no patience for the former, no resources for the latter, went in underprepared and got your rear end handed to you.
Grow beyond your failings instead of expecting the game to accommodate them.

Edited by Horseman, 23 July 2019 - 03:54 AM.

#29 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 July 2019 - 08:21 PM

They haven't cancelled Solaris yet?

#30 SuperMouse

Rookie

• Big Daddy
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 05:43 AM

I really like Humble Dexter's idea, particularly points 2 and 4, 3 if we really lack players. Think that it would make players life so much simpler and the queuing faster. If you agree like his post on page 1.

#31 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 July 2019 - 06:05 PM

A better idea if they're going to insist on Solaris being part of the game(poor choice from the start), forget having it be always on...designate a Solaris Season running a month or two, incentivize the hell out of it, and get actual players.

#32 Storky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 905 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 10:22 PM

How to play 2vs2?

#33 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 28 July 2019 - 01:52 AM

Yay, I got one game in against a noob? in a stock MECH, then had no one to fight against, so went back to Quick Play.

#34 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 29 July 2019 - 03:45 AM

View PostHorseman, on 22 July 2019 - 11:20 PM, said:

One of you took an underskilled mech into the field, and that's you.
The sensible thing would be either to spend a couple hours in QP skilling out the mech and practicing its' playstyle or at least burning some GXP to cover the skill points.
You had no patience for the former, no resources for the latter, went in underprepared and got your rear end handed to you.
Grow beyond your failings instead of expecting the game to accommodate them.

Well, that is right! I demand a pick-up game mode for noobs in Solaris. If my failing is to have decent fun the I am guilty ;) I understand your view from an elite player perspective but if Solaris not carve for my interests why should I play it?

An event should be for everyone in the community! And I am using m brain to give me the best gaming experience possible.

View PostEd Steele, on 28 July 2019 - 01:52 AM, said:

Yay, I got one game in against a noob? in a stock MECH, then had no one to fight against, so went back to Quick Play.

Did you let him win? ;)

#35 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 July 2019 - 07:11 AM

View PostDeadWeight18, on 29 July 2019 - 03:45 AM, said:

Well, that is right! I demand a pick-up game mode for noobs in Solaris.

but if Solaris not carve for my interests why should I play it?
Solaris is for 1v1 adrenaline junkies. It doesn't cater to everyone and it won't - indeed can't - cater to everyone.

If my failing is to have decent fun the I am guilty Posted Image
Vat is fun? It is to krush de enemy, see dem driven before you und hear de lamentations ov deir mothers!Posted Image

I understand your view from an elite player perspective
Which I'm not...

An event should be for everyone in the community!
Everyone in the community can participate. The lowest reward just requires you to play matches, not win them. The others require putting in some effort,

Edited by Horseman, 30 July 2019 - 12:14 AM.

#36 Storky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 905 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:00 AM

[color=#959595]How to play 2vs2? [/color]

#37 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:53 PM

View PostStorky, on 02 August 2019 - 08:00 AM, said:

[color=#959595]How to play 2vs2? [/color]

Bring 3 other players to play solaris with you

#38 A1Ste4kSauce

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 55 posts
  • LocationLA/OC

Posted 20 August 2019 - 05:26 PM

Anyone play Solaris still? Had fun leg humping assaults in my Myst Lynx when it first came out.

#39 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 21 August 2019 - 05:19 AM

No, this thread gets more action than Solaris.

#40 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 11:50 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 28 July 2019 - 01:52 AM, said:

When I was still playing Solaris I asked those guys if they need a win for the challange and if I should fight seriouse or if they just want a quick win and will be gone afterwards anyway.

Sometimes people asked for a quick win, sometimes asked for a seriouse fight and those who asked for a fight mostly stayed at least one or more rounds.

Personaly I found Solaris a refreshing change of play to QP. Different mechs, different configs. Sadly the leagues where allways a bit strange. A more dynamic league would have been good.

Maybe something alonge the line that you select one single mech for a season with a fixed loadout, that you could change only a fixed amount of times. Then your current configuration would be given a pointvalue based on your loadout and pilot ranking and that would be the base for the matchmaker to look for other players. All with just one big bucket where you can work your way up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users