100 Vs 20 Tonnes Today

12 replies to this topic

#1 UnkerZ

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:23 AM

So, I went all out customizing my Atlas for the ultimate D2 tanking monster only to forget that PIRs still haunt the division, so when running into one, you could imagine the fear of him literally hugging/humping my legs (with only 2 SPL in arms to swat that bugger) on Boreal.

Well long story short, PIR found his prey and decided to look at me instead of driving - right into the ice cubes. Well, that was the best comeback ever, and life lesson learnt - I'm never piloting an Atlas in D2 again and will stay with my trusty Orion.

PGI pls - send those buggers into their right size pals, OR just let them terrorize EVERY division then since you insist its okay to have a target that is shorter and smaller than the opponent's leg.

Edited by UnkerZ, 22 July 2019 - 05:30 AM.

#2 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 09:46 AM

Just avoid Solaris, it's all gimmicks all the time anyways

Even the 'top' players hide in spawn when they comes across a build they can't win against, and trade wins to keep their position

#3 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 22 July 2019 - 01:58 PM

View PostNightbird, on 22 July 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

Even the 'top' players hide in spawn when they comes across a build they can't win against, and trade wins to keep their position

...but it was just a head-shot competition!

View PostUnkerZ, on 22 July 2019 - 05:23 AM, said:

So, I went all out customizing my Atlas for the ultimate D2 tanking monster only to forget that PIRs still haunt the division, so when running into one, you could imagine the fear of him literally hugging/humping my legs (with only 2 SPL in arms to swat that bugger) on Boreal.

Well long story short, PIR found his prey and decided to look at me instead of driving - right into the ice cubes. Well, that was the best comeback ever, and life lesson learnt - I'm never piloting an Atlas in D2 again and will stay with my trusty Orion.

PGI pls - send those buggers into their right size pals, OR just let them terrorize EVERY division then since you insist its okay to have a target that is shorter and smaller than the opponent's leg.

I don't like the Piranha in D2 any more than anyone else...especially if I'm trying to drop my Asp or something interesting...but just put pulse lasers on your arms and shoot them when they start humping your legs. I drop a Nightstar 95% of the time and the only Piranha pilot which I can't beat that routinely drops isn't beating people because he's in a Piranha. If you choose to drop with no means to aim down then you accept that risk.

#4 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 11:23 PM

If your butt is getting wiped with one mech you should be able to fall back on 2 or 3 other mechs . You cannot rely on a single one trick pony .

We should all have a Piranha , an anti piranha mech and some titan mech in Div 2 .

#5 UnkerZ

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 09:39 AM

View PostPain G0D, on 22 July 2019 - 11:23 PM, said:

If your butt is getting wiped with one mech you should be able to fall back on 2 or 3 other mechs . You cannot rely on a single one trick pony .

We should all have a Piranha , an anti piranha mech and some titan mech in Div 2 .

The PRABLEM is... the PIR is about as rare as your Halloween ghost, but well, pulling out your own piranha - > is fun humping others -kek- for the same degree of helplessness in case you don't run into him again. Putting 2 snub-ppcs in my arm mounts sounds like the only way around it and hoping than flailing wildly would score a hit (WHY doesn't my leg kick the PIR down in the face when its literally bigger than the fry? This is the level of hate I have for that thing), 2 SPLs do nothing but tickle the fish. not so much about being butt wiped.. i can get lucky alphas to leg him before he humps me but this fella must appear when I decided to bring my Atlas for a roll the first time (well.. great he humped a wall that first time too).

Well - I'm sticking with a brawling Orion for now cause he's small enough to face swipe that bugger, and pack a good punch for everyone else. But the logic... since they decided its fair fight for D2, let me PIR and butt crack Annis then or any Div then for the lulz. D1 Wolfie is too big to hump no fun Posted Image

Edited by UnkerZ, 23 July 2019 - 09:43 AM.

#6 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 02:50 AM

if you want a nerd argument about why you cannot kick a piranha down . It weighs 20 tons dude . Assuming an Atlas could kick being a robot its only using the power and weight of its one leg .

The tonnage diff between you and a brick is even bigger . You have momentum and other parts of your body to augment the force of your kick . Can you kick a brick like a soccer ball ? Posted Image

Edited by Pain G0D, 25 July 2019 - 02:58 AM.

#7 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 26 July 2019 - 01:33 PM

View PostPain G0D, on 25 July 2019 - 02:50 AM, said:

The tonnage diff between you and a brick is even bigger . You have momentum and other parts of your body to augment the force of your kick . Can you kick a brick like a soccer ball ?

Except Piranha is not a brick, but a humanoid shaped object that is far less balanced and moves at a high speed to add to that. Now, imagine yourself running around and then being kicked by a man 5 times heavier and 5 times taller than you. Somehow I'm pretty sure retaining balance is out of the question. If you watch sports you can easily see that runner athletes can fall from the slightest contact with each other, and I'm not talking football here, I'm taking sports where they don't want to fall down.

#8 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 26 July 2019 - 03:15 PM

Quite frankly, if you want to take that into consideration, a Piranha running at 125kph will product nearly 11 million joules on impact...which would knock an Atlas across the arena and disassemble the Piranha. There's no room to complain about realism in this game. It doesn't belong here.

#9 Venturestein

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 02:20 AM

I can tell you playing PIR in Div2 is pretty fun. I haven't got to do it a lot but it is fun to leg hump an atlas and just watch the armor fly off. I do wish they would do a better job on the divs. I look at the comp of Mechs you can choose and it doesnt make a whole lot of sense.

#10 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 02:55 AM

- Marauder IIC and any PIR really RIP. Have 5-7 battles and in every of them PIR was dead for sure.

#11 Nonducor Duco

Rookie

• The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 07:09 PM

View PostTiantara, on 26 August 2019 - 02:55 AM, said:

- Marauder IIC and any PIR really RIP. Have 5-7 battles and in every of them PIR was dead for sure.

yeah, in that specific encounter the Marauders low arms/weapons help against any light that tries close range combat.
The Marauder does not find the same success with any other mech in div tho...

#12 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 12:48 PM

View PostGCC, on 27 August 2019 - 07:09 PM, said:

yeah, in that specific encounter the Marauders low arms/weapons help against any light that tries close range combat.
The Marauder does not find the same success with any other mech in div tho...

- On open space it works pretty nice. It plays not well against same tonnage mech in close combat or in 1vs1 - but in QP it greatly kill any mech. In solaris mech from light to some heavy - pretty sure dead.

#13 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 06:10 AM

View PostPain G0D, on 25 July 2019 - 02:50 AM, said:

if you want a nerd argument about why you cannot kick a piranha down . It weighs 20 tons dude . Assuming an Atlas could kick being a robot its only using the power and weight of its one leg .

The tonnage diff between you and a brick is even bigger . You have momentum and other parts of your body to augment the force of your kick . Can you kick a brick like a soccer ball ? Posted Image

It's trivial to kick a brick over, and a PIR has a much higher center of mass. The assault doesn't need to crush the 20 tonner, but it's ludicrous that a light can park under an enemy assault and be perfectly safe. Torso pitch should allow at least partial hits against any mech that is standing directly in front of an enemy, no matter how short it is. PIRs can get under torso mounted weapons on some medium and heavy mechs as well, it's a balance issue that needs a light touch but definitely needs something different.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users