#1381 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 3,503 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 12 December 2019 - 05:25 AM

View PostUnleashed3k, on 11 December 2019 - 08:15 AM, said:

I do not need Epic to run in the background while I actually PLAY the game.
In the mean time, I've seen a few reports of the game refusing to run without Epic's launcher and one of the game refusing to run even with said launcher.

#1382 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 December 2019 - 02:14 AM

View PostHorseman, on 28 July 2019 - 12:42 AM, said:

View PostShadowViper70, on 27 July 2019 - 02:47 PM, said:

Unless you are doing co-op and even that can be done without Epic using per to pre, Once you down load it you can close or uninstall Epic's launcher. The game is solo play and need no internet connection.

According to a guy who misled us all of us about the game multiple times. If he is wrong about this, you won't find out until it's too late to refund.
Called it.

View PostKifter, on 10 December 2019 - 02:20 PM, said:

I've purchased through the Epic Store which will not allow the game to be launched through the MechWarrior.exe or MechWarrior-Win64-Shipping.exe file - 'Could not verify production ownership. Please ensure you launch the game through Epic Games Launcher and have a working internet connection.'

#1383 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 03:24 AM

View PostHorseman, on 16 December 2019 - 02:14 AM, said:

Called it.

I thought so initially, too. Until I found out: It works. You just have to the EGL up the first time you run the game through the .exe from the installation directory. No online functionality, ofc, which means your Pilot will be named "257" and the likes.

#1384 CrayzyCarl

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 02:16 PM

FOR THOSE DEBATING BUYING DELUXE vs STANDARD:

The Mechwarrior 5 "PDF Game Manual" is exactly the same content as the "Digital Game Manual."

IMO, the Digital Technical Battletech Manual added no value for the gameplay. No insights for planning nor additional details about how less customizable the mechs are in this game versus MWOMercs. I don't recommend buying the "digital deluxe" edition. The game is awesome and everything I was hoping for but giving a manual a different name depending on the edition you buy is a cheap marketing trick.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users