• The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 144 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:36 PM

View PostElectroflameageddon, on 22 August 2019 - 08:18 AM, said:

Not going to play a pirated version.

Not going to play an Epic version.

Not going to play a Steam/GoG version.

I'm not going to support a company without ethics. I'm not going to support a company that lies to their customers.

PGI isn't the first company that I won't buy from and it probably won't be the last. I will take my considerable disposable income somewhere else.

Well of course you have considerable disposable income, if you only buy from companies that never lie, it would be pretty slim pickings on what you can spend your money on.

#1342 Kanin Zeta

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 36 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle

Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:45 PM

Just released by PGI:

Posted Image

#1343 Kanin Zeta

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 36 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle

Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:59 PM

I was seriously looking to purchase MW:5 on Steam. I was even willing to pay full price for this one just after release, something I rarely do as it's usually a target rich environment for bugs. My Battletech/Mechwarrior experience started with the table top version in the barracks during my time in the Army. I bought the first game Posted Image a couple of months after release. Fast-forward and I've been enjoying MWO and REALLY enjoying HBS's awesome game. I've purchased mech packs and DLC out the wazoo. Now? I seriously hope HBS is able to buy back it's soul from PGI. As a fan, I want nothing more to do with so aptly named a company.

#1344 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 06:44 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 22 August 2019 - 08:21 AM, said:

So you have proof of that, right?

Mis-spun what I read earlier; they are trawling Steam for most wishlisted.

Sauce.

#1345 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 22 August 2019 - 09:27 PM

View PostKanin Zeta, on 22 August 2019 - 04:59 PM, said:

I was seriously looking to purchase MW:5 on Steam. I was even willing to pay full price for this one just after release, something I rarely do as it's usually a target rich environment for bugs. My Battletech/Mechwarrior experience started with the table top version in the barracks during my time in the Army. I bought the first game Posted Image a couple of months after release. Fast-forward and I've been enjoying MWO and REALLY enjoying HBS's awesome game. I've purchased mech packs and DLC out the wazoo. Now? I seriously hope HBS is able to buy back it's soul from PGI. As a fan, I want nothing more to do with so aptly named a company.

I played both Crescent Hawks games and the original MechWarrior ages ago and I still play HBS BATTLETECH. MWO is still decent, but faction play has never become what was teased in PC Gamer back in 2012 and giving up on IK, knockdowns, Clan LBX toggle and other things were quite disappointing.

#1346 Moochachoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:09 AM

View PostZaptiah, on 18 August 2019 - 03:43 AM, said:

Refund demanded. I gave PGI time to announce that they would provide the Steam key to those of us that purchased that. It is clear they have no intention of honoring the sales obligation they made. I accept that this type of unethical and unlawful behavior happens but my money will not support this company any longer. For me personally it is the dishonesty, this blatant and unlawful Bait and Switch sales practice. I'm guessing that the Epic money has made it worth it for PGI to burn what good will the community had left. So congratulations PGI you made a quick buck ... you just lost your core community to do it but hey - who cares about thousands of middle age gamers with disposable income like me ...

I had hoped that they would consider giving people who prepurchased a steam key after the timed exclusive was over, I got the impression they were considering it and the community manager I had been emailing stated that an announcement on this would be made, the announcement never came through, and I got my refund.

Today I learned alittle more about epic and Tim Sweeney’s business practice, and I now know why PGI couldn’t even meet us half way.

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=aSzAu_WbgeY

For anyone interested, the video provides more detail, but the gist of it is, epic approached a indie developer for an exclusive deal, the indie developer asked whether or not it was possible to sell his game on both epic store and steam, since he already promised steam key, epic said no, so it seems unless your a triple A developer, even promising to offer a steam key mean that you won’t get your game listed on epic.

Edited by Moochachoo, 23 August 2019 - 02:11 AM.

#1347 Rojar Paren

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts
  • Locationin the cockpit of the assault Mech that is bearing down on you.

Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:35 AM

I actually like his explanation better. Am a bit disappointed that he and jingles never took up our main slap in the face feeling.

Well as they say: all good things must come to an end.

So to my business relationship with this canadian studio. Refund requested.

#1348 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 August 2019 - 09:57 AM

Posted Image

#1349 RoadiePC

Rookie

• The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 2 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:18 AM

View PostHorseman, on 23 August 2019 - 09:57 AM, said:

Posted Image

Damn, I was JUST about to share that(found on Reddit).
Welp, if you were on the fence about that refund, here's your answer.

Zen, thank you for clarifying.

[EDIT]
Waitasec.
Same username.
Good looking out, @Horseman.
o7

Edited by RoadiePC, 23 August 2019 - 10:20 AM.

#1350 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:22 AM

Yup, I got the same e-mail. I replied:

Sorry to hear that. In that case I regretfully ask for a refund of my Collectors Community Edition preorder.

Good luck with the launch of the game (seriously; I know it’s easy to read sarcasm in an e-mail but I hope MW5 does well for PGI and understand the security that comes with the guaranteed Epic cash) and I look forward to purchasing MechWarrior 5 on Steam or GOG for Christmas 2020.

Thanks for your time.

#1351 Rojar Paren

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts
  • Locationin the cockpit of the assault Mech that is bearing down on you.

Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:38 AM

yup got the same answer as it is the "official" one.

I feel a bit sorry for the employees who have to push that out as we have enough evidence that is EPICs strongarm tactics. (Just read what they tried to do to Darq.)

WELP refund reached my paypal..

Thank you to the customer service dept for reacting quickly and efficiently.

I will not say I am a satisfied customer, but one who is done for the time.(GO GO Microsoft, who thought I would ever say those words..)

#1352 Saber Avalon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 23 August 2019 - 09:04 PM

View PostHorseman, on 23 August 2019 - 09:57 AM, said:

Posted Image

Got that same answer. Even after mentioning other games, like Iron Harvest, that have gone to exclusive with Epic are STILL honoring their Steam pre-orders.

Refund hit my paypal and I turned around to pre-order Cyberpunk 2077, was looking around for some cash to do that and there it was! With some extra. (had ultimate pre-order)

#1353 Canniballistic

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 55 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 25 August 2019 - 02:21 AM

I hate that youre pretending this is some kind of investment for the game, as if we should be thanking you for taking Epics money.

Anyone who listened to a few AMAs can easily see how bare bones MW5 is turning out, even after all the corner cutting with imported assets and more, thanks to MWO and HBS's Battletech.

So dont BS and pretend this last minute money you took from Epic is being invested in the game when you obviously didnt even invest your own money.

PGI hasnt exactly garnered loyalty over the life of MWO, in fact quite the opposite in many cases, and after all that, you have put in so little effort making MW5, but somehow think its worth the inevitable backlash to take this deal.

How can I take this if not to clearly demonstrate the disregard for both customers and the franchise, your only intent seemingly being to milk whats left of the fandom and franchise.

RIP MW
RIP PGI

Im disappointed and sad it turned out like this, and to be clear, I have my refund and wont be supporting PGI or MW5 as things stand.

#1354 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 27 August 2019 - 08:42 AM

Just a follow up on my last post which I find very interesting. I know not much of you still follow this topic but Unfold Games now put some kind of pressure on Epic Game Store and Tim Sweeney by challenging him with a very interesting offer.

Read more about it here. Really, I'm impressed by this developper who doesn't focus all on cashing in. If Tim agrees that would be a new twist in the genre.

#1355 Spangle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 110 posts
  • LocationNorthumberland, UK

Posted 31 August 2019 - 03:59 AM

Just seen the announcement of no steam key even after the epic exclusivity ends

So refund requested before September 1st

#1356 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 09:13 AM

Yeah, I requested my refund after this. PGI has shown their true colors, and what truly matters to them.

It isn't us. It was never us.

It sucks, i actually had taken off work for this game's initial launch, several days and was ready to spend money to upgrade my computer just to play MW5, but there's no rush now, as it'll be at least a year before I need to. Maybe they'll have the bugs worked out by then.

#1357 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 31 August 2019 - 10:18 AM

View PostCanniballistic, on 25 August 2019 - 02:21 AM, said:

I hate that youre pretending this is some kind of investment for the game, as if we should be thanking you for taking Epics money.

Anyone who listened to a few AMAs can easily see how bare bones MW5 is turning out, even after all the corner cutting with imported assets and more, thanks to MWO and HBS's Battletech.

So dont BS and pretend this last minute money you took from Epic is being invested in the game when you obviously didnt even invest your own money.

PGI hasnt exactly garnered loyalty over the life of MWO, in fact quite the opposite in many cases, and after all that, you have put in so little effort making MW5, but somehow think its worth the inevitable backlash to take this deal.

How can I take this if not to clearly demonstrate the disregard for both customers and the franchise, your only intent seemingly being to milk whats left of the fandom and franchise.

RIP MW
RIP PGI

Im disappointed and sad it turned out like this, and to be clear, I have my refund and wont be supporting PGI or MW5 as things stand.

yea they and Harmony gold are equal now in the way trying to get as much as they can and sh##t on the Fancommunity

#1358 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 11:47 AM

View PostMighty Spike, on 31 August 2019 - 10:18 AM, said:

yea they and Harmony gold are equal now in the way trying to get as much as they can and sh##t on the Fancommunity

I can't agree more.

and that's beyond sad.

#1359 ArxKnight

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 11 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 01 September 2019 - 04:39 PM

I just HAD to see all this today... I sent a refund request in but since its Sept 1st I probably wont get it... crap.

guess if I'm too late, I'm too late. Gotta try though

#1360 Goolschen

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 03:01 AM

Not buying it, well done PGI.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users