Jump to content

Mechwarrior 5 Release Date & Epic Games Store Exclusivity


1341 replies to this topic

#1321 Magik Jack

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:40 PM

Ha, people are worried about this when they should be worrying about how mw5 will be released in the era of out of hand microtransactions and chopped up dlc.

#1322 Dee Eight

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,765 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:25 PM

I don't care that it went epic... I have ONE game on steam and one on discord. I'll have one on GoG and one on epic... big deal.

#1323 AnAnachronismAlive

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 154 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:24 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 13 August 2019 - 09:25 PM, said:

I don't care that it went epic... I have ONE game on steam and one on discord. I'll have one on GoG and one on epic... big deal.


Yeah, and that's fine for you.

But as mentioned before: this ruccus ain't bout MW5 going EGS (****** as it may be compared to other marketplace-competitors atm), but about not delivering as advertised and lacking transparency / the outright dishonesty towards the community when changes were immediate.

While a lot of us can understand the general move out of a financial perspective (assuming PGIs ability to sustain itself is fading with MWO-playerbase and income dwindling drastically, despite what RB was telling us). Funny thing is, I'd likely do the Epic move myself to keep my employees in wage and bread), but THE WAY they did it => dickmove at best!

In the end I don't mind the invested bucks that much (since MWO gifted me tons of fun worth the money), BUT on the other hand I've problems with companies behaving this unilaterally anti-consumer and not being sanctioned.

And the only way I can kinda impact such behavior immediately is my wallet and public communication to keep other companies on their toes - a fact that EPIC pre-sale payments etc. for EGS-exclusivity kinda negates which makes me kinda angry again ... and that is why my "rage" won't vent and comes full-circle!

Your so called "big deal" IS a big issue for some of us - but simply for other reasons. Please consider this instead of implying some whiner-attitude.

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 13 August 2019 - 10:34 PM.


#1324 Dee Eight

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,765 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 02:01 AM

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 13 August 2019 - 10:24 PM, said:


Yeah, and that's fine for you.

But as mentioned before: this ruccus ain't bout MW5 going EGS (****** as it may be compared to other marketplace-competitors atm), but about not delivering as advertised and lacking transparency / the outright dishonesty towards the community when changes were immediate.


Except...this has been russ's continual pattern for years now. Why did anyone actually expect any different with MW5 ? I certainly didn't.

#1325 AnAnachronismAlive

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 154 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 02:39 AM

If your personal predictions, foresight, life experience, general scepticism and/or whatsoever in combination with an indifference and/or fatalism regarding appropriate company-consumer-relationships kept you safe, unharmed or at least unsurprised, that is good for you.

What I dont get is, why ye have to cokk a snook on those folks being burned / disappointed by such actions and who vocalize their discontent.

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 14 August 2019 - 02:45 AM.


#1326 Brakkar

    Member

  • PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:56 AM

Glad I didn't bother to pre-order this.
I knew something fishy is about to happen.

#1327 Grayson Sortek

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 364 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:34 PM

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 14 August 2019 - 02:39 AM, said:

If your personal predictions, foresight, life experience, general scepticism and/or whatsoever in combination with an indifference and/or fatalism regarding appropriate company-consumer-relationships kept you safe, unharmed or at least unsurprised, that is good for you.

What I dont get is, why ye have to cokk a snook on those folks being burned / disappointed by such actions and who vocalize their discontent.


Thank you. Just... Thank you.

#1328 AnAnachronismAlive

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 04:14 AM

Hey, fellow mechwarriors. Could any of ye twitter- and/or reddit-users again "vocalize" our question regarding the possibility of gaining the preorder content as a steam-key after the exclusivity-period?

Only around 14 days left until the end of the refund-period and no further information on this behalf. Don't wanna assume PGI to play for time, since a last minute "No, not possible!" is likely gonna limit potential refund-losses, but ...

... ye know: once-burned, twice-burned, hurts! Thanks in advance!

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 15 August 2019 - 04:21 AM.


#1329 Ruccus

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,120 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 15 August 2019 - 08:45 AM

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 15 August 2019 - 04:14 AM, said:

Hey, fellow mechwarriors. Could any of ye twitter- and/or reddit-users again "vocalize" our question regarding the possibility of gaining the preorder content as a steam-key after the exclusivity-period?

Only around 14 days left until the end of the refund-period and no further information on this behalf. Don't wanna assume PGI to play for time, since a last minute "No, not possible!" is likely gonna limit potential refund-losses, but ...

... ye know: once-burned, twice-burned, hurts! Thanks in advance!


I don't do twitter or reddit, but since this whole thing was announced I've taken the opinion that since they've given me until September 1st to ask for a refund I'll give them until mid to late August to 'make things right' (I'm thinking an Epic key for December 2019 and a Steam key for December 2020 to get me the game at launch while giving me the promised Steam key a year down the road, though I'll listen to other options put forward) before asking for a refund.

So far I think I'll wait until August 22nd or 23rd before I make the request, though if it seems something is close to happening around then I may delay my refund request until the 26th or 27th.

#1330 Baron Blitz Fokheimer

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 05:29 PM

If anyone read what I posted on the last page and had any doubts or thought that I was crazy, take a look at this: https://www.pcgamesn...nmen-square?amp

That's how bad things are, and Valve isn't even indirectly owned by the Chinese. And yet Perfect World, which is Valve's Chinese "partner company," can still leverage speech suppression demands against an American company, showcasing an American product, via American servers, to American users.

And Epic Games is effectively owned by the Chinese government. You are exposing your sphincter to the wind if you install that client. They literally have the power to send embassy goons to run over your family, and then get off on diplomatic immunity, if they wanted to.

#1331 Red Potato Standing By

    Member

  • PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 06:28 PM

Yes they could but what are the odds? Or could it just be hyperbole.

#1332 Horseman

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,381 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 August 2019 - 11:04 PM

View PostRuccus, on 15 August 2019 - 08:45 AM, said:

I don't do twitter or reddit, but since this whole thing was announced I've taken the opinion that since they've given me until September 1st to ask for a refund I'll give them until mid to late August to 'make things right' (I'm thinking an Epic key for December 2019 and a Steam key for December 2020 to get me the game at launch while giving me the promised Steam key a year down the road, though I'll listen to other options put forward) before asking for a refund.

So far I think I'll wait until August 22nd or 23rd before I make the request, though if it seems something is close to happening around then I may delay my refund request until the 26th or 27th.
I recommend giving them some hell about it through their support e-mails or social media before then.

#1333 Grand Paladin

    Rookie

  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 15 August 2019 - 11:46 PM

Do I understand correctly, that it MW5 is to be released in December (No problem for me) and that instead of on steam it will be on Epic?(Still no problem for me) Is that what the the whining is about? WHat is the big deal? someone please clerify for me. Thank you

#1334 AnAnachronismAlive

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 12:01 AM

View PostGrand Paladin, on 15 August 2019 - 11:46 PM, said:

Do I understand correctly, that it MW5 is to be released in December (No problem for me) and that instead of on steam it will be on Epic?(Still no problem for me) Is that what the the whining is about? WHat is the big deal? someone please clerify for me. Thank you


Here ye go: somewhat of a summary

#1335 Horseman

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,381 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 August 2019 - 12:56 AM

And as for "why are you calling Epic's platform substandard and not worth supporting":
https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6283910

Quote

Unpopular as Origin and Uplay have been, Epic makes them look like paragons of competence and virtue in comparison.
  • 1. Epic launched their platform some two years before they were actually ready. Better part of a year after launch, it's still charitable to call it an open alpha, EXCEPT IT'S FULLY COMMERCIAL AND WANTS YOU TO GIVE IT YOUR MONEY.
  • 2. Epic failed at security. They launched without 2FA and didn't have e-mail verification until last week. Yes, that means you could lose all your purchases if you made a typo creating your account. And people did.
  • 3. They don't have a cart. And they started banning customers because the customers made several purchases one after another. During a sale.
  • 4. They have sent customers' personal information to other customers.
  • 5. Epic's client datamines your system. (see this)
  • 6. EGS features, library and user base are not competitive with Steam, so Epic's genius executives decided that since they're sitting on a giant mountain of Fortnite cash (plus the 1.25 billion USD investment they've received last October), they can fake competitiveness with platform exclusives and force customers to come to them by getting developers to jump platforms after they've already taken a shitload of preorders (or, in some cases, Kickstarter pledges).


    Most of the PC gaming crowd are not fans of hostageware, much less of bait-and-switch tactics. This bait and switch riles people up and as a result Epic's poorly designed shitshow of a platform is pretty much considered radioactive by the bulk of the PC gaming community.
And now you can add point 7...:
  • 7. Epic is already failing to uphold its' supposed "commitment" to deliver features to its' platform, having fallen way behind on their roadmap and only keep pushing things further and further back ( https://www.pcgamesn...s-store-updates ). It is clear that whatever they spent that sweet, sweet Fortnite cha-ching, making EGS a better platform was not on the list.

Quote

Let it sink in for a moment and then ask yourself if any sane person right now would touch a platform with that history.



Yeah, yeah, "give them time"... Epic isn't travelling back in time to compete with Steam of 2003, they're here NOW to compete with Steam of 2019, after fifteen years of watching Steam take upon itself the live market testing to determine what does and what doesn't work in their hybrid digital distribution platform / social network. Epic is coming to this with a budget and market position much better than what Steam had in 2003 too.

And yet, EGS launched in a state that was about a year away from being a minimally viable beta and is already falling behind development schedule. There is no excuse for this.

Edited by Horseman, 16 August 2019 - 12:57 AM.


#1336 Far Reach

    Member

  • Pip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 05:31 AM

If anyone was wondering why there's a TON of people in here defending the EPIC disaster?
It's shills. Many shills.
Epic money buys epic numbers of NPC's, who are snide and are here to slide.
That's why there's massive multi-paragraph write-ups here about how epic "isnt so bad" or the classic "s-s-s-steams doing it too~".
Along with excruciating replies, from the cucks. Ones with no backbone who must over-explain themselves at every turn.

You're trying to kill this forum along with MWO eh, Piranha? Remember - the brown sea was never really alive to begin with...

#1337 Horseman

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,381 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 August 2019 - 07:17 AM

View PostFar Reach, on 16 August 2019 - 05:31 AM, said:

over-explain themselves at every turn.

Hardly.
As much as believing that all the Epic supporters are shills sounds nice, I expect plenty of them are simply too out of the loop to have half a damn clue about what they're supporting . It's been much the same with G2A a few years back.
The explanations are for those people's benefit and that alone (and yes, some will forever defend their mistakes - those are beyond help).

Edited by Horseman, 16 August 2019 - 07:19 AM.


#1338 Electroflameageddon

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 232 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 16 August 2019 - 08:56 AM

Refund requested.

I weighed the pros and cons and basically it comes down to: I bought a Steam Key. They promised a Steam Key. They reneged on their promise. They knowingly lied to their customers as they were making an Epic exclusive deal while promising Steam keys.

It has nothing to do with Epic vs. Steam. Don't really care.

It also has to do with respect. If I lie to my customers and misrepresent my product, I lose customers. I should lose customers. Bad behavior should not be rewarded.

Happy that PGI gave us the option for refund. Best business decision they have made.

Haven't been on MWO since the announcement. My heart isn't in it....

#1339 Grayson Sortek

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 364 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 09:20 AM

View PostElectroflameageddon, on 16 August 2019 - 08:56 AM, said:

Haven't been on MWO since the announcement. My heart isn't in it....


I know how you feel. That's why I've been playing Battletech instead. And I'm a damn whale for MWO, well... no longer.

#1340 GaelicWolf

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 65 posts
  • LocationStuck somewhere between a Fantasy and Reality

Posted 16 August 2019 - 12:24 PM

You know, I wonder where all the New Advertising for MW5 is. Since their deal they have to have SOME cash lying around. But I have seen no new Marketing for MW5.
No New Ads
No Clips of combat
No updates
a paltry few screen shots that tell us bumpkis, but look pretty.....





9 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users