Try Hard 2 Event

109 replies to this topic

#101 Nicholas Hyde

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:57 AM

Don't get me wrong, I welcome every new player and I will apologize if proven wrong. Still, it doesn't add up. As your Tier progress is directly related to matchscore and wins, being even more strongly considered during your cadet phase. I know from my own experience that it takes as less as one good match to punch you midway through T4. And there you are, av MS of 320, 2 K/D ratio and W/L of 1.2. Thats is miles above the average new player.

#102 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:13 AM

View PostSerial Number, on 03 August 2019 - 02:47 AM, said:

Posted Image

As we are now 64% of the way through the PGI-declared "Year of Faction Play", a FP event must be very very close.

The huge development effort to increase the tickets in FP Conquest must also be close to completion.

Edited by Appogee, 13 August 2019 - 08:14 AM.

#103 KelseyJr

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:39 AM

View PostNicholas Hyde, on 13 August 2019 - 05:57 AM, said:

Don't get me wrong, I welcome every new player and I will apologize if proven wrong. Still, it doesn't add up. As your Tier progress is directly related to matchscore and wins, being even more strongly considered during your cadet phase. I know from my own experience that it takes as less as one good match to punch you midway through T4. And there you are, av MS of 320, 2 K/D ratio and W/L of 1.2. Thats is miles above the average new player.

https://www.dropbox.....30.13.jpg?dl=0

Screenshot from exactly now. In fairness I did notice that the AMS massively boosts my match score if the other side use missiles. That works for me because I'm concentrating on staying with the assaults/heavies to provide cover while learning the maps. It also allows me to fire on either lights going for the slower mechs or fire on whoever the assaults fire on. I'm not vain so am more than happy to just play support.

#104 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:36 PM

View PostKelseyJr, on 13 August 2019 - 09:39 AM, said:

Screenshot from exactly now. In fairness I did notice that the AMS massively boosts my match score if the other side use missiles. That works for me because I'm concentrating on staying with the assaults/heavies to provide cover while learning the maps. It also allows me to fire on either lights going for the slower mechs or fire on whoever the assaults fire on. I'm not vain so am more than happy to just play support.

My experience is similar to yours. Too often I see people claim this ability to zoom past T5 and sometimes T4 if they do extremely well, but if you're truly new to the game and not making a clone/alt, the pace of moving through the tiers should be a fairly linear affair. Some have previously stated that the cadet games are also placement games to prevent experienced players from creating clones to sealclub genuine T5 players. That could very well be true and would be a clever bit of design, but I've never created a clone for MWO, and I'm sure out there are players who are genuinely new to the game and yet are naturals and thus tagged to be "clones" and quickly promoted out of T5 and perhaps T4, but surely they are in the vast minority.

It took me probably around 16 months to breach into Tier 1, then it was back and forth between T1 & T2 several times, but throughout my T5 to T1 journey it was several months per Tier promotion. I think my quickest was tiers 3 and 4, but it was more because of more games played due to interest in and passion for the game. I'm coming to my 2-year anniversary of joining MWO and I'm 80-85% into Tier 1.

Ultimately it's all meaningless, since the MWO population is at an alltime low. Tiers are meant to separate players & apply only to QuickPlay and supposedly the matchmaking range is T1-3 and T3-5, but if the seed player is a T3, you can get QP matches where there are T1-5 players in a single match. This will be rare but you can see that the sweet spot for getting quickly into QP games is T3. Quickly being subjective here.

Edited by arcana75, 13 August 2019 - 07:42 PM.

#105 Nicholas Hyde

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:32 PM

View PostKelseyJr, on 13 August 2019 - 09:39 AM, said:

So, in case this shot wasn't set-up (everyone that's been around here long enough knows a certain story), which I don't assume, the apology is due.

I apologize.

I still can't wrap my head around it, but I'm also not going into it any further. Have a good one!

#106 Alpha Vega

• PipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 43 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 August 2019 - 05:57 AM

I'm sorry must be being disabled with shaky hands I'm not as good as I was years ago when most of you were hanging on your mommy ***. Look help if you can if not keep your opinion (a**h***) to yourself. I play to have fun not boast how good I am at telling other people how bad they are. I kind of look forward to the day I get off this world and get a rest from the creeps its spawned. See you on the other side OPPS no other side.

#107 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:22 AM

View PostDark Star Dragon, on 15 August 2019 - 05:57 AM, said:

I'm sorry must be being disabled with shaky hands I'm not as good as I was years ago when most of you were hanging on your mommy ***. Look help if you can if not keep your opinion (a**h***) to yourself. I play to have fun not boast how good I am at telling other people how bad they are. I kind of look forward to the day I get off this world and get a rest from the creeps its spawned. See you on the other side OPPS no other side.

im pretty sure every single person here plays for fun.
problem is, no one has fun in losing.
no one wants to play with inept learning resistants all day.
it aint fun to play with players like that, i can tell you that.
the least thing you can do is accept advices, improve yourself so you at least arend a dead weight to your team (which a huge amount of players are by now as they obviously have fun in beein completely bad and useless, loving to get hammered out of nowhere)

#108 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 August 2019 - 08:29 AM

View PostDark Star Dragon, on 15 August 2019 - 05:57 AM, said:

There's a difference between dealing with genuine issues and willfully being a terrible player with no desire to improve...

#109 Alpha Vega

• PipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 43 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 August 2019 - 08:38 AM

Oh I improve every game I play I even record some of them to see what went wrong. I'm not above taking help if given in the spirit of the game not the bulling crap I find out there and there is a lot (not doing the green house gases any good.) Well enough of my A**h*** I'm done with those who are above them selves. Goodbye and catch your back I like shooting legs.

#110 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:34 AM

View PostDark Star Dragon, on 15 August 2019 - 08:38 AM, said:

Oh I improve every game I play I even record some of them to see what went wrong. I'm not above taking help if given in the spirit of the game
Which makes you A-OK in our books.
The problem that was commented on in there is there's a shitload of players who whine that the game is too hard when that "difficulty" is down to their unwillingness to learn and adapt. Some people prefer to drag down those who are competent over investing effort of their own.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users