Is The Bad Mobility Or Something Of The Death Strike....

13 replies to this topic

#1 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 02 August 2019 - 07:51 PM

... the reason why this wouldn't work?

I skilled it fully with a Gauss vomit. I thought of changing it a little without any ballistics.

#2 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 02 August 2019 - 07:54 PM

I mean, it could work, but typically mass ERLL boats don't do well in quickplay, that playstyle is very map defined. Also, the Mad IIc at 85 tons boats ERLL better, due to way better frontal hitboxes for "staring"

Edited by Vxheous, 02 August 2019 - 08:15 PM.

#3 Gristle Missile

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 275 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:05 PM

ER Larges excel in long range, open terrain maps and longer games.
Since most maps favor 600ish mid range or brawling engagements for most of the battle, its not as efficient

You don't have the ability to re-maneuver to long range like a light or medium, so when the field of battle inevitably tightens, you are stuck with basically worse heat medium lasers

Edited by Gristle Missile, 02 August 2019 - 08:10 PM.

#4 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:57 PM

View PostVxheous, on 02 August 2019 - 07:54 PM, said:

I mean, it could work, but typically mass ERLL boats don't do well in quickplay, that playstyle is very map defined. Also, the Mad IIc at 85 tons boats ERLL better, due to way better frontal hitboxes for "staring"

I see. I was building a deck for FW and I thought of having some Laser Vomit assaults. I had a look at the Supernova C with a similar build but it is way too slow (not that the DS is any better). So I thought of converting the Gauss vomit into 6 ERLL for a bit.

#5 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 09:04 PM

Avoid bringing a CW sniper boat to QP.
Avoid bringing a QP racing car to CW.

#6 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 11:15 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 02 August 2019 - 08:57 PM, said:

I see. I was building a deck for FW and I thought of having some Laser Vomit assaults. I had a look at the Supernova C with a similar build but it is way too slow (not that the DS is any better). So I thought of converting the Gauss vomit into 6 ERLL for a bit.

For FW, I would just do either 5 or 6 ERLL on a Mad IIc (personally I run mine with 5 + large TC + standard engine cause it tanks like a boss and can survive as a stick with 2 ERLL still remaining in CT.

#7 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 03 August 2019 - 01:39 AM

View PostVxheous, on 02 August 2019 - 11:15 PM, said:

For FW, I would just do either 5 or 6 ERLL on a Mad IIc (personally I run mine with 5 + large TC + standard engine cause it tanks like a boss and can survive as a stick with 2 ERLL still remaining in CT.

Cool. I'll check that out. Thanks.

#8 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 02:45 AM

The premier Clan ER trading boat in FP is the HBR I'm sure the Marauder does it well too.

#9 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 02:57 AM

LR trading on clanside: take 3 hellbringers and %whatever% as you wont need it as mech nr4.
or 1MarauderIIC/madcatIIC/snova, 2hellbr +x

works on every trade-friendly-map - if the other 23 decide to trade, too. will crumble the minute 1 side decides to have some pushing-fun. but such is fw-life Posted Image

p.s: remember the honorary salute shot to the back when somebody wants you to hold a lock. Posted Image

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 03 August 2019 - 02:59 AM.

#10 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 12:07 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 03 August 2019 - 01:39 AM, said:

Cool. I'll check that out. Thanks.

View PostPrototelis, on 03 August 2019 - 02:45 AM, said:

The premier Clan ER trading boat in FP is the HBR I'm sure the Marauder does it well too.

My ERLL deck for FW (when I rarely play that mode) is Mad IIc + 2 Virago + whatever 40 ton or under clan mech that I want to play as last mech.

Here's the build:
Posted Image

And here's tanking to 3% in a Mad IIc (this one was laser vom build, but the premise of survival is the same:
Posted Image

#11 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 04 August 2019 - 03:25 AM

Do you add ECM to the Virago or keep the Omni bonus for the increased range? I have a Hellbringer with the usual ECM + 2 HLL + 4 ERML which I like. I was thinking about getting another one but wasn't sure as I have the Espirit De Corps with 2 LPL and 6ERML, which I change the loadout to ERLL as well.

#12 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 03:38 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 04 August 2019 - 03:25 AM, said:

Do you add ECM to the Virago or keep the Omni bonus for the increased range? I have a Hellbringer with the usual ECM + 2 HLL + 4 ERML which I like. I was thinking about getting another one but wasn't sure as I have the Espirit De Corps with 2 LPL and 6ERML, which I change the loadout to ERLL as well.

keep the set of 8 bonus. it's THE reason to get the virago in the first place. 4erLL, heatsinks, done. once skilled up, you can change whatever heatsinks you're comfy with to a TC.
that being said: absolutely okay to refit it with ecm and the traditional LasVom for QP to skill it up, there. note that your skilltree will be different/longer then.

LPL+erM on the esprit/ebon are fine, but once you go to erLL territory, you'll see that trading with the hellbringer just works 'better' (with that). the ebon has more tonnage for 'stuff', sure. but the hellbringer has the better geometry for trading on alpine/polar/stuff.
biggest challenge while trading: don't fall asleep, if you get it 2x-3x in a row Posted Image

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 04 August 2019 - 03:39 AM.

#13 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 04:10 AM

If you're doing the virago right IMO an alpha (all 4 lasers at once) sends you up to 98% heat with the biggest targeting computer you can fit.

I also remove the lower arm actuators to make tracking at long ranges a little easier; but that's a personal decision.

Edited by Prototelis, 04 August 2019 - 04:11 AM.

#14 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 02:01 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 04 August 2019 - 03:25 AM, said:

I keep the set of 8 bonuses, and run 19 double heatsinks + TC V. Puts the ERLL optimum range at 984m. Firing all 4 ERLL (incurring ghost heat) on Tourmaline Desert spikes my heat to 87%.

Posted Image

Edited by Vxheous, 05 August 2019 - 02:07 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users