Mech Release: Marauder Ii For Mc And The Corsair For C-Bills

32 replies to this topic

#21 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:42 AM

The Marauder II definitely needs better quirks, although I would prefer (massive) mobility quirks to make it stand out among the 100t Mechs. Of course, some offensive quirks are needed too since the hardpoints do not allow for efficient (IS) 100t builds. Range in combination with much better mobility might provide an interesting profile.
Armour quirks would work too, obviously, but I think that is rather boring.

It is a shame that such a beautiful looking Mech is quirked so poorly.

View PostArkhangel, on 07 August 2019 - 11:08 PM, said:

Also, no mech in the game sucks if it's piloted and fit properly.

Fact is, if you suck in a mech, it's because YOU suck in that mech, not that the Chassis sucks.

There are objective criteria to measure the potential performance of a Mech in game, regardless of the player’s capacity to actually make use of this potential: geometry, hardpoints and quirks (including engine cap, acceleration etc.).

The Marauder II's e.g. potential is rather low compared to many other 100t Mechs, mostly because the hardpoints are poor and quirks do very little to offset that weakness. It does not magically become less limited if a good pilot sits in the cockpit; the good pilot just knows better how to work with it. Put the same pilot in a Mech with less limitations, ceteris paribus, and he will do better.

For below-average players (less than 200 AvgMS) this may not matter, as they will do badly in every Mech indeed, but that is no good reason to give up balancing efforts.

Edited by FLG 01, 08 August 2019 - 07:42 AM.

#22 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:51 AM

It's actually more they don't care what salty bittervets think.

Fact is, if you suck in a mech, it's because YOU suck in that mech, not that the Chassis sucks.

Yes and No : A Spider with just 4 MG's and 1 Laser slot is simply bad compared to the ACH-E with 2 or 3 lasers and 6 MG's no matter how good or bad you are Posted Image

View PostAdarven, on 08 August 2019 - 03:18 AM, said:

There are some mechs, which sucks (eg. Uziel 3P). And there are some better than the average. But I agree, bad piloting results in ****** dmg/MS no matter what mech you use.

I believe that's the 2 lasers and 2 balastic slot variant which you can back up with a Rocket 10-pack ?!

IMHO not that bad at all! Posted Image

Edited by Roodkapje, 08 August 2019 - 09:52 AM.

#23 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 02:16 PM

Me saying it sucks is not because I can't make it perform. Quickplay is so full of terrible pilots that you can't use it to measure performance on an absolute scale. What you can do, however, is measure relative effort required and the bottom line is the MAD II requires more than better alternatives on account of it having hardpoints in bad places with poor mobility and poor geometry.

If you can't see that, then it's because YOU suck enough that 'Mech choice doesn't impact your standings.

#24 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:31 PM

Lol. I don't think you'd know good performance even if Yeonne played the game for you.

#25 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:37 PM

*shrugs

View PostPrototelis, on 08 August 2019 - 03:31 PM, said:

Lol. I don't think you'd know good performance even if Yeonne played the game for you.

playing with yeonne is fun. killing her even more :>

#26 Adarven

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:38 PM

View PostRoodkapje, on 08 August 2019 - 09:51 AM, said:

Yes and No : A Spider with just 4 MG's and 1 Laser slot is simply bad compared to the ACH-E with 2 or 3 lasers and 6 MG's no matter how good or bad you are Posted Image

I believe that's the 2 lasers and 2 balastic slot variant which you can back up with a Rocket 10-pack ?!

IMHO not that bad at all! Posted Image

That doesn´t make it great - I make more DMG and kills in Flea :))) I never had around 1k dmg in this mech, i have 1300+ dmg in others (and not just missiles mechs) - so for me it performs bad, there are better mechs out there

#27 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:48 PM

View PostRoodkapje, on 08 August 2019 - 09:51 AM, said:

Hint: put a snub nose ppc in it and mg's :P

#28 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:00 PM

View PostAlienized, on 08 August 2019 - 03:48 PM, said:

Hint: put a snub nose ppc in it and mg's Posted Image

UAC/5 or no balls.

#29 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:07 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 08 August 2019 - 03:31 PM, said:

Played the game since closed Beta. never claimed to be a good pilot, but I've known enough pilots over the years to know.

Hell, used to have a guy in my unit who was an utter god in a Hunchback 4H. Had a Faction Play match vs Ghost Bears, I believe, and our C.O. tells him to "Go Hero" 'cause we're behind. He proceeds to take point and takes down half the enemy team on defense on Boreal Vault. Doesn't matter what they're in, or where they were, he drops them all inside about a minute.

Funny thing is he kinda sucked in anything else, but the guy KNEW the Hunchback.

My point from earlier is while, yes, some Mechs can be objectively "Bad," You should also note that the MAD II being a massive target is a GOOD thing. Part of an Assault's job is to draw fire off smaller mechs. It should also be noted most MAD IIs are capable of loading out a prettty damn respectable amount of forward firepower, which will make people tend to get the hell out of your way when you're leading a Linebreaking push, much the same as say, using an Annihilator or Atlas 7S.

one on one, yeah, the MAD II is kinda screwed, but leading a push with friendlies covering your flanks, it's pretty damn solid.

#30 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:29 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 08 August 2019 - 09:07 PM, said:

Played the game since closed Beta. never claimed to be a good pilot, but I've known enough pilots over the years to know.

I'm sure.

Hell, used to have a guy in my unit who was an utter god in a Hunchback 4H. Had a Faction Play match vs Ghost Bears, I believe, and our C.O. tells him to "Go Hero" 'cause we're behind. He proceeds to take point and takes down half the enemy team on defense on Boreal Vault. Doesn't matter what they're in, or where they were, he drops them all inside about a minute.

I don't suppose you can substantiate that? Probably not.

My point from earlier is while, yes, some Mechs can be objectively "Bad,"

The MAD II is objectively bad. Bad agility, CT from any angle. BAD.

You should also note that the MAD II being a massive target is a GOOD thing. Part of an Assault's job is to draw fire off smaller mechs.

Its every mechs "job" to draw fire and deal damage.

It should also be noted most MAD IIs are capable of loading out a prettty damn respectable amount of forward firepower,
which will make people tend to get the hell out of your way when you're leading a Linebreaking push, much the same as say, using an Annihilator or Atlas 7S.

ANH has decent hit boxes, most Atlai are walking jokes.

one on one, yeah, the MAD II is kinda screwed, but leading a push with friendlies covering your flanks, it's pretty damn solid.

No.

#31 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:23 AM

View PostY E O N N E, on 08 August 2019 - 07:00 PM, said:

UAC/5 or no balls.

no rac? Posted Image

i actually put all the JJ's in one of the mad2's for more mobility. decently works. cooling is bad tho.

Edited by Alienized, 09 August 2019 - 12:32 AM.

#32 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:47 AM

View PostAdarven, on 08 August 2019 - 03:38 PM, said:

That doesn´t make it great - I make more DMG and kills in Flea Posted Image)) I never had around 1k dmg in this mech, i have 1300+ dmg in others (and not just missiles mechs) - so for me it performs bad, there are better mechs out there

NOFI but the I only pick the Flea when I want to be small and annoying...

in fact i am skilling one now together with the Commando, MLX-G and a Wolverine :)

MEEP MEEP!!! Posted Image

#33 Adarven

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 11 August 2019 - 11:03 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 09 August 2019 - 07:47 AM, said:

NOFI but the I only pick the Flea when I want to be small and annoying...

in fact i am skilling one now together with the Commando, MLX-G and a Wolverine Posted Image

MEEP MEEP!!! Posted Image

FLE-17 is really good killer - nice DPS, so if you hunt lone mechs, they are usually screwed, or stick with the pack and finish opened mechs
FLE-20 / LCT-PB - good for annoying due ECM + usually MLs (lower DPS, but longer range)
MLX-G - its like the PIR (feels slower, but uses JJs)
WVR - its OK (i play it with MLs)
COM - doesnt suits me

My pick from the listed is FLE-17, for me works with quite sustainable dmg (600-900 if you dont f*** it or meet hidden streakboat xDD)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users