38 replies to this topic

#21 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:20 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 13 August 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

By the end of the event if you earn 4 million C-Bills you will have been awarded 4 million Extra C-Bills.
Totaling 8 million therefore doubling your money

If i had awarded this way it would have been more than double

1 M Earned = 1 M Reward
2 M Earned = 2 M Reward
3 M Earned = 3 M Reward
4 M Earned = 4 M Reward
-------------------------------------
4 M Earned total = 10 M Rewarded in total

I totally understand if you preferred this Posted Image but I stand behind the fact that the challenge does indeed double the money earned.

My bad. Thanks again

#22 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:24 PM

View PostFallGuy0815, on 13 August 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

So if 25 games over a week are too "grindy" - wait for the next loot bag event :-)

Sure dude. 25 games. Let us know how you go.

#23 Magik Jack

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:32 PM

Nice events lately, well done.

#24 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:17 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 13 August 2019 - 05:24 PM, said:

While I'm not sure it is 25 games to do them all, in one match in my Incubus I got the 5 kills and a victory. Then did another match in my KitFox and got another victory. The damage totals were about 550 in the Incubus and 300 in the KitFox which wasn't too much but helped. I wasn't keeping track of each match but once I have the kills and victories I'll see where the damage totals fall and just play mechs I like with the proper weapons from there. It really isn't that grindy since I'm about 1/2 way done after one evening.

#25 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:18 AM

View PostKodan Black, on 13 August 2019 - 12:58 PM, said:

Nice event. Should be good to see all the complaining about lurms with the 5000 missile damage also. Posted Image

Real men use MRM's or SRM's !!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#26 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:29 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 14 August 2019 - 11:18 AM, said:

Real men use MRM's or SRM's !!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Mr ATMs would like a word...

#27 bear_cl4w

• PipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 34 posts
  • Locationanywhere.

Posted 14 August 2019 - 03:27 PM

Can we have more events like this? MC, GSP, and c-bills in the same event was a pretty nice touch. The best part was the accumulate 5k damage portion of the event, not too specific to influence player behaviour AKA (spamming one weapon system to get the event done), but significant enough to change things up. This event was very well done. Thanks to whoever made this event, very well put together. Hope to see more events in this format. (please keep the weapon challenges as general as possible, would hate to see a mini LRM-pocalypse because of another LRM damage challenge.)

#28 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:25 PM

View Postbear_cl4w, on 14 August 2019 - 03:27 PM, said:

Can we have more events like this? MC, GSP, and c-bills in the same event was a pretty nice touch. The best part was the accumulate 5k damage portion of the event, not too specific to influence player behaviour AKA (spamming one weapon system to get the event done), but significant enough to change things up. This event was very well done. Thanks to whoever made this event, very well put together. Hope to see more events in this format. (please keep the weapon challenges as general as possible, would hate to see a mini LRM-pocalypse because of another LRM damage challenge.)

This x100. We love playing all kinds of mechs so enforcing specific type of weapon damage will only serve to hinder the fun. A general type of damage is always better like we have now i.e., Ballistic, Laser and Missiles instead of LRM 15+A, AC5, etc., Also, it's great that we are receiving GSP. It makes the leveling up of our new mechs that much easier. Keep it up.

#29 The Man with the Plan

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 01:11 PM

I actually like the more specific events. I love the challenge of having to work with it. I understand that some will and some will not like specific events, but I love them!

Edited by The Man with the Plan, 15 August 2019 - 01:20 PM.

#30 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 06:28 PM

View Postcrazytimes, on 13 August 2019 - 05:24 PM, said:

Quite good. Yes, i did more than 25 games, but was done within 6 hours and i took some unskilled mechs. When i lost my patience i brought the sleipnir out and got the missing 1000 ballistic damage in one game. There were events with a lot more grind involved.

For all looking for that headshot: Changed my mind. Instead of dual Heavy gauss, go for something reliable like 6MPL and wait 'til u see one enemy with a large cockpit like a highlander with already damaged head. That is how i did my last one.
Or just farm an afk at their spawn if you feel lucky.

#31 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:54 PM

I found a disco in a game and proceeded to pour fire into his head. A Night Gyr. Not a single shot did damage to the head. Slight disappointment ensued. Did someone say upthread that the hitboxes get weird with disconnects?

#32 Nicholas Hyde

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:56 PM

View PostBowelhacker, on 15 August 2019 - 09:54 PM, said:

I found a disco in a game and proceeded to pour fire into his head. A Night Gyr. Not a single shot did damage to the head. Slight disappointment ensued. Did someone say upthread that the hitboxes get weird with disconnects?

They do.

#33 memorandum

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 76 posts
  • Locationmidtjylland, denmark

Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:27 AM

really nice event this time around.

most difficult part was the headshot, i needed to put in a little effort.
tried the triple heavy ppc awesome 8q but just wouldn't headshot stuff, so i went with my unskilled thanatos stealth dual gauss, that shadowcat shouldn't have been standing still up on the hill Posted Image muahahaha

#34 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 07:02 AM

I think that instead of moving the headshot to another spot, the cockpit has now become indestructible.

Also I just got headshot from almost 1000m away, at which range snipe weapons aren't even doing 100% damage anymore... so after that maxing out cockpit armor till the event is over makes sense.

Not sure I even have the physical mouse accuracy to pull off a headshot on an NPC mech from ~1000m away, but since it's possible I guess I'll give it a try in the training grounds.

Edited by Humble Dexter, 18 August 2019 - 07:46 AM.

#35 memorandum

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 76 posts
  • Locationmidtjylland, denmark

Posted 18 August 2019 - 09:05 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 18 August 2019 - 07:02 AM, said:

I think that instead of moving the headshot to another spot, the cockpit has now become indestructible.

Also I just got headshot from almost 1000m away, at which range snipe weapons aren't even doing 100% damage anymore... so after that maxing out cockpit armor till the event is over makes sense.

Not sure I even have the physical mouse accuracy to pull off a headshot on an NPC mech from ~1000m away, but since it's possible I guess I'll give it a try in the training grounds.

did you have ammo in the head, if so he basicly only needed to get through your armor

Edited by memorandum, 18 August 2019 - 09:08 AM.

#36 Adarven

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 18 August 2019 - 03:02 PM

Holiday time.... I returned today and finished all in one evening :))) I was afraid of HS (if I score it in 1-2 play sessions), but dual HG and overheated enemy mech made the job :)
Thx for nice event :)

#37 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 18 August 2019 - 04:23 PM

I'm pretty sure that in the time remaining I won't be getting any headshots, given I don't think I've had more than a half dozen across YEARS of play.

#38 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:32 PM

If its an ACTUAL DISCONNECT (with the word showing) then the hit box is in the same location as always for a particular chassis because that's a disconnect triggered by the player. If its a 0 ping, thats a server loading error and the hit box isn't in the correct location. I've found it under the arm pit on some mechs. Once I found it in the left foot of a mech. Only once have I found a mech where they only moved the head box slightly from where it normally was supposed to be.

#39 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:10 PM

View PostBowelhacker, on 18 August 2019 - 04:23 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure that in the time remaining I won't be getting any headshots, given I don't think I've had more than a half dozen across YEARS of play.

Thought the same but I just got one! Posted Image

The guy was AFK and while I was checking his hitbox he came back, we fought a little and then... BOOM!!! HEADSHOT!!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

The game did not display it as such by the way... Posted Image
But hey... I GOT IT! Posted Image

The hardest thing about any Event are the WINS if you ask me! Posted Image

Edited by Roodkapje, 19 August 2019 - 02:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users