#41 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:01 PM

View PostRyanlegend, on 17 August 2019 - 12:37 PM, said:

pgi come on now we need the lore weapons from battletech i know programming is hard but hire some high advance programmers from america with degrees and stuff they would be much better and making this game continue its next day age

No companies hire US programmers anymore, they only hire US programmers straight out of college as interns and then they replace the old US programmers with Chinese / Indian / Russian visa workers (well that is how US companies work, never worked for a Canadian company so no idea there).

#42 Slambot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 203 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 08:14 PM

To think I used to look forward to patch days...

#43 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 08:18 PM

View PostTiantara, on 17 August 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

View PostOmniFail, on 16 August 2019 - 05:36 PM, said:

Why are you not nerfing the LRM's. I still see posts complaining about them in the General Discussion forum. Please nerf until the posts stop.

- Nerf LRM? Why more? LRM already useless weapon

No choice...

Because of the 2019 LRM Balance Patch the Crimson Strait tunnel has become infested with players throwing invisible LRMs all over the place, and filling tunnels with invisible LRMs is against the rules !

#44 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 09:51 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 17 August 2019 - 08:18 PM, said:

No choice...

Because of the 2019 LRM Balance Patch the Crimson Strait tunnel has become infested with players throwing invisible LRMs all over the place, and filling tunnels with invisible LRMs is against the rules !

- Really? Never see such thing there. Is it a some kind of sarcasm? Or if it true, make LRM even worse than it now only becaue of map bug - not smart. It's like making all ballistic effective on 100m, because you know... it can kill mech!! Dangerous thing!

#45 Dran Dragore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 10:06 PM

WOW! So many content! We can clearly see that you put so much work in the game! Thx PGI!

#46 Paladin IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 10:11 PM

RIP.

Edited by Paladin IIC, 18 August 2019 - 10:42 PM.

#47 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 17 August 2019 - 10:56 PM

View PostPaladin IIC, on 17 August 2019 - 10:11 PM, said:

Been trying to find the will to continue to play, but my god does it get difficult. Attempted to play CW the other day with someone I managed to introduce to the game, only to get stuck against JGx in a 10 man drop each time, with him no longer wanting to play because of how much **** they talk for absolutely no reason. Pretty sure they're the only ones still playing CW and Solaris, just from looking at the leader boards and from what I've seen in the match making. "World Champion" players who only care about their stats and talking **** are a huge driving force behind so many people leaving this game after their first few matches. Then again being a "world champion" in a game with a population under 500 people consisting mostly of casual players is about as impressive as defeating a paraplegic in a triathlon.

Hopefully MW5 doesn't tank on Epic, I'd like it to at least last the first year so I can buy it at a discount on Steam.

There is no reason to go into CW unless you are part of a premade 12 man team, since you will be up against premades most of the time. CW is primarily a "team" mode afterall. PGI should have just made QP games count towards CW for solo / small group players (if you are loyal to a faction, a win in QP would contribute to that faction and our faction rank), instead of making a solo queue in CW.

#48 SPNKRGrenth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 184 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 12:07 AM

Not even one single balance change for 2 months in a row? Impressive! Maintenance mode is living up to the name far more than I was hoping it would. I was fully expecting fewer tweaks, but none at all? Despite there still being plenty of obvious under performers? Bravo!

No new mechs is fine, we already have tons of those. Gives everyone a chance to actually catch up on what's already in the game.

#49 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 12:25 AM

underwhelming

#50 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 01:38 AM

just kill it and pass the server side to the community. frankenstein > vegetable.

#51 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 18 August 2019 - 03:36 AM

View PostDran Dragore, on 17 August 2019 - 10:06 PM, said:

WOW! So many content! We can clearly see that you put so much work in the game! Thx PGI!

Did they ever? For 7years around here and never saw anything else then the needed minimum

Edited by Mighty Spike, 18 August 2019 - 03:37 AM.

#52 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 18 August 2019 - 08:00 AM

Impressive. I like the changes to FP.

#53 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 09:15 AM

On a more positive note, you can now pledge your loyalty to the Faction of your choice, which is... one of the core MWO mechanics that had been working fine for years, and that PGI suddenly decided to go break out of the blues in 2019.

On a less positive note, now it's time to give LRMs the same kind of fix Faction Loyalty is getting : By also returning them to their working 2018 state.

Because the only alternative is for everyone to switch to direct fire weapons, and trigger a range race in which the sniper with the longest range gets to stand behind the other 11 snipers in his team...

And EVERYONE who isn't into 100% sniping mode is going to lose out on that kind of race.

#54 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 18 August 2019 - 09:59 AM

I'm finally admitting to myself that the likelihood of me coming back to MWO is pretty much zero. My opinion has been on the decline ever since the skill tree update; I still have 5402 GSP(the "refund" given for my modules).

Then HBS BT hit and it actually feels like it embraces BattleTech instead of just being a slightly reskinned FPS.

#55 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 18 August 2019 - 10:03 AM

View PostOmniFail, on 16 August 2019 - 05:36 PM, said:

Why are you not nerfing the LRM's. I still see posts complaining about them in the General Discussion forum. Please nerf until the posts stop.

I am the only one who recognizes sarcasm here.

#56 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 18 August 2019 - 11:05 AM

While the Loyalty pledge thing is long-wanted and needed, we're still getting the shaft on CB earnings since the "patch-ocoypse". This (and the inability to get MC in the mode) really needed immediate fixing as it further hurt motivation to play the mode.

#57 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 11:34 AM

meh. Posted Image

#58 JetPirate

• Pip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 11:34 AM

Return old FP, please.

#59 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 03:13 PM

Go go PGI!
Don't let all the malcontents discourage you just because you are doing so little for the game!
Vegetables are healthy!

#60 Eurystheus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 03:41 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 17 August 2019 - 07:01 PM, said:

No companies hire US programmers anymore, they only hire US programmers straight out of college as interns and then they replace the old US programmers with Chinese / Indian / Russian visa workers (well that is how US companies work, never worked for a Canadian company so no idea there).

Come to Seattle and check out Boeing, Microsoft, Amazon, Expedia, and Google. Just to name a few of the larger, well known companies that employ a lot of US programmers. Those Amazon buildings in South Lake Union aren't all being filled by imports.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users